• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Battrick Cup, season nine

nibbs

International Captain
Whenuapai off to a flyer, but Duggan fell to Gerrard would you believe. 200 should be a winning score here I should think

End of Over 8: 72-1, runrate=9.00
Gerhard 4-0-33-1
Clegg* 4 (4 balls)
Janes 49 (30 balls)

Last Wicket: Duggan c. Woodward b. Gerhard 18 (FOW: 55/1)

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Bahahaha, sorry but thats one of the best things ever.

Lucky thing you won the FTP cup scaly. You need to have something in your sig ;)

nibbs

International Captain
As Scaly sits back and laments his sensational exit from this season's competition, maybe he could consider this - to date no side attempting to successfully defend the CW BT Cup has ever made it to the final. In fact the winners of the last 5 cups have failed to progress beyond the quarters. Now I for one find this interesting, just.

Meanwhile, Whenuapai are well and truly in charge against Citizens Erased.

End of Over 34: 214-2, runrate=6.29
Alshaun 7-0-35-0
Lennon* 2 (8 balls)
Clegg 66 (77 balls)

Last Wicket: Janes c. Chanderpaul b. Woodward 125 (FOW: 204/2)

nibbs

International Captain
Whenuapai 3/316 (50 overs)
Janes 125 (106), Clegg 115* (117)
Woodward 1/37, Gerhard 1/70

Citizens Erased 41 (14.3 overs)
Barrow 15 (21), Mohammed 14 (22)
Towse 4/0, Downer 4/24

Whenuapai by 275 runs.

Dam the draw makers, dam them. We have a couple of players capable of taking it to Asterix. But can they sustain this over an entire match? I doubt it.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Matches on 4 May:

Main draw, quarter-finals:
Jamees 999ers (3765) v Magical Ponies (5409)
Asterix XI (1766) v Whenuapai CC (1569)
Cymru Gurgitaters (3688) v Dynamo Morpork (1837)
Four Pillars and Poor Fillers (4913) v Central Districts (6385)

If possible, home advantage has been adjusted so that teams get as equal distribution of home games in the knockouts.

Mickey mouse:
Alternative XI (4412) v Coco's Nuts (6533)
BEST Indies (3872) v Viveash (793)
Opening Balance (725) v Connells Estates CC (384)
Brackenhurst (5748) v Tamil Eelam CC (9382)

trevor_vayro

U19 Vice-Captain
Well, I was going to be gracious in victory, had even, in my head, penned my apology for such an audacious fluke, but seeing as, in my absence, I've been called a f**king donkey or whatever it was - Then screw you!:-)…I deserved to win! Though, joking aside, whilst it is obviously a massive upset, it's not quite of the magnitude which has been made out. Going on batting alone, we were pretty equal, and I might even have had the edge - Sens/Sup V Exc/Qual. Okay, fair enough that does rather gloss over the disparity in bowling - Mir/Sens V Qual/Strong, but there you go! With an Exq/Wond bat in your side, you're always going to stand an outside chance of posting a decent score. Even if no-one else does a thing, one in ten times Greening's ton would be enough to win it for you - Just lucky for me that yesterday was that tenth time.

Should be a good match-up against Mork - In fact all four quarters should be cracking games.

Later, Trev

BTW, I hope you realise that this result means that Head Hunter is officially better than Scaly!

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
The draw graphically represented.

Note that the flags represent the battrick league and not citizenship, mental nationality, or national cricket team support.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ohh, a re-match against Heath. I'll be out for a win this time around, and my batting is stronger now with Kanelo (Remarkable) opening instead of Orourke (Respectable).