• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Battrick Cup, season nine

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
So how is this comp run? And by who?
Me. Unless someone else volunteers.

Is it group stage, knockout style? League style? Basic knockout?
In most previous years we've had one group stage after most have been knocked out of the BT Cup, and then knockout with quarter-finals. I'm toying with an idea to give teams that go far in the cup a bye to the next group stage round, but it didn't seem very popular.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I don't think the byes thing can be very fair now, due to random draws. Bugssy's still in the cup but me and Dwyer are out (I've been out since round 2 thanks to drawing Unhappy Meals first up) and if he gets a decent run can continue going further.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
With 32 plus teams, some teams are going to have a bye from group stages anyway. Personally I would base it on the top sides based on BT Stats and past cup results i.e sides that have made the final ;)

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
With 32 plus teams, some teams are going to have a bye from group stages anyway. Personally I would base it on the top sides based on BT Stats and past cup results i.e sides that have made the final ;)
Nah, can have a preliminary knockout, or more than eight groups with some group winners getting a bye.

Hooper

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Me. Unless someone else volunteers.

In most previous years we've had one group stage after most have been knocked out of the BT Cup, and then knockout with quarter-finals. I'm toying with an idea to give teams that go far in the cup a bye to the next group stage round, but it didn't seem very popular.
Hmm, I see. Interesting. I guess its hard with 32 teams to organize, thats a fair few.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
I don't think the byes thing can be very fair now, due to random draws. Bugssy's still in the cup but me and Dwyer are out (I've been out since round 2 thanks to drawing Unhappy Meals first up) and if he gets a decent run can continue going further.
Agreed.

Olwe

School Boy/Girl Captain
if i can squezze in it would be nice!

1. Dynamo Morpork
2. Jamees 999ers
3. Beard XI
4. Boggles
5. oz fans xi
6. Swamibapa Leeds CC
7. Tawonga Tigers
8. Alternative XI
9. Whenuapai CC
10. Opening Balance
11. Lancashire
12 . Victoria Panthers
13. Magical Ponies
14. Connells Estates United
15. Male Models
16. Guttedball
17. Brackenhurst
18. Saggers Mob
19. Four Pillars and Poor Fillers
20. Central Districts
21. Caves_beachcc
22. Cymru Gurgitaters
23. Kipper XI
24. Viveash
25. Anchormen
26. Scaly Piscine CC
27. Withington Wonderers
28. Sad Decadent XI
29. Leverock CC
30. Dalmeny Cricket Club
31. Jaffna Jets
32. St Michele CC
33. Tamil Eelam CC
34. Citizens Erased
35. BEST Indies

36. Fishs XI

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Defo looking to be the biggest Cup of all-time. Really like how you run things Hakon, am hoping you are doing it again.

Had a superb (well, respectable) Cup win yesterday and will be looking to have a (good) proficient win for the next match.

Agree that with the random draw, giving byes to teams to progress in the Cup could be taken as unfair. Would suggest the bottom teams, as determined by BatStats or human decision, playoff to make the 32. Would love group stages with the 32 aswell.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
1. Dynamo Morpork
2. Jamees 999ers
3. Beard XI
4. Boggles
5. oz fans xi
6. Swamibapa Leeds CC
7. Tawonga Tigers
8. Alternative XI
9. Whenuapai CC
10. Opening Balance
11. Lancashire
12 . Victoria Panthers
13. Magical Ponies
14. Connells Estates United
15. Male Models
16. Guttedball
17. Brackenhurst
18. Saggers Mob
19. Four Pillars and Poor Fillers
20. Central Districts
21. Caves_beachcc
22. Cymru Gurgitaters
23. Kipper XI
24. Viveash
25. Anchormen
26. Scaly Piscine CC
27. Withington Wonderers
28. Sad Decadent XI
29. Leverock CC
30. Dalmeny Cricket Club
31. Jaffna Jets
32. St Michele CC
33. Tamil Eelam CC
34. Citizens Erased
35. BEST Indies
36. Fishs XI
37. Asterix XI

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Not all the teams have posted a batstat rating so you cant really use that to seed everyone.
Then we make it a prerequisite of this competition to provide a Batstat - simple. If they're interested and active enough to join the Cup then they can post their Batstat.

trevor_vayro

U19 Vice-Captain
Don't have a problem with seeding a later group stage, and Batstats seem as good a way as any. But in order to get to a last 32 group stage there is going to have to be some sort of serious prelims, and, fair or not, they are going to have to involve sides who are already out of the BT Cup, just so we can get the bloody thing moving! For example, I got knocked out by a I.1 side on Sunday, but I don't mind playing a qualifier this Sunday, or any Sunday for that matter, even though I'm a previous semi-finalist, reached the last sixteen of the England BT20s, and have a manly Batstats ranking of 149! :-) But to be serious for a moment, there is no point in having qualifier snobbery, if I'm good enough to be in the last 32 group stage, then I'll win a qualifier anyway - If I'm not I won't - So where's the problem?

Later, Trev