• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Battrick Cup, season nine

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Second round of fixtures:

Group A:

caves_beachcc (5102) vs Swamibapa Leeds CC (10033)
Tamil Eelam CC (9382) vs Male Models (648)
Leverock CC (6550) vs The Heath CC (3940)

Group B:

oz fans XI (6232) vs BEST Indies (3872)
Fishs XI (15945) vs Saggers Mob (6473)
Guttedball (1817) vs Coco's Nuts (6533)

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Lost to SoC by seven wickets, not my finest moment in BT, itbt.
Don't beat yourself up :happy: It seems it was a good game. I was away all day and was pleasantly surprised at the result. I expected Nkosinathi (117*) and Greene (117) to do well though, My opening bowler seems to be making a habit of getting an early breakthrough and then going for 50-odd.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
End of Over 32: 200-2, runrate=6.25
Norris 6-0-37-0
Delgado* 97 (73 balls)
Merry 34 (45 balls)
Last Wicket: Carter-harris c. Armstrong b. Cherry 41 (FOW: 111/2)

I haven't been hit so hard since I played a 'reserve' team in only my second ever game in BT:wacko:

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
45.3 W Pidgley to Delgado
That was a textbook shot by Delgado... sadly the textbook in question was 'Cricket for Beginners'... so that's OUT!

Sweet...

However

End of Over 47: 319-3, runrate=6.79
Jongikhaya 9-0-61-1
Merry* 80 (89 balls)
Judd 12 (6 balls)
Last Wicket: Delgado b. Pidgley 152 (FOW: 303/3)

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Swamibapa Leeds CC won the toss and elected to field.
Pitch: Dusty

End of Over 28: 122-5, runrate=4.36, reqrunrate=10.14 (344-4)
Warnakulasuriya 4-0-12-0
Armstrong* 13 (14 balls)
Blakeman 66 (91 balls)
Last Wicket: Nkosinathi c. Delgado b. Mcdonald 8 (FOW: 97/5)

Blakeman fighting a lone battle:dry:

Lost By 156 runs after being bowled out

Ratings:
Swamibapa Leeds CC won the toss and elected to field.
Reporter's Summary
Swamibapa Leeds CC Tamil Eelam CC
Top Order: competent proficient
Middle Order: feeble competent
Lower Order: abysmal abysmal
Seam Bowling: mediocre competent
Spin Bowling: competent respectable
Fielding: abysmal abysmal

Last edited:

headhunter

International Vice-Captain
BEST Indies v Fishs XI

BEST Indies won the toss and elected to field.

Fishs XI 192/10 (44.3)
Ross 7.3-1-2-3

BEST Indies 193/2 (36.3)
Fordham 81* off 75

Well pleased with that performance, my 1st ever CW Cup victory :)

Majin

International Debutant
Shaping up to be an interesting finish between myself and oz fans xi, they had us out for 238 but we've restricted them just enough so far. Last 20 overs will be tight, but if we can sneak out their man bat, or two quick wickets, I think we'll be in with a big shout at walking away with a victory.

Edit: yes! my spinner just ripped out the batsman who was giving me the most trouble. game on now. :)

edit2: Oooh xD 3 wickets from the over now. This bowler averages 4.33 in OD games this season and 3.40 in FC, and he's done it again. <3

edit3: Make that 4 wickets in one over...Miller you beauty. xD took out the set batsman and then got a hat-trick from the last three balls over the over, and took what looked to be a tough finish to what should hopefully be an easy victory.

Last edited:

Majin

International Debutant
And that's the end of the match. Guttedball won by 105 runs.
Guttedball 238-10
oz fans XI 133-10

Chuffed with that, really, didn't think I stood much of a chance. Miller bowled out of his skin, his 6-15 or whatever it was won the game for me. Rampaul and Penford both gave good performances as well.

Cheers oz fan, was a good game. Could have gone your way on another day :)

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Group A completed:

caves_beachcc (150/1) beat Leverock CC (148) by nine wickets with 108 balls to spare
Male Models (259/4) beat The Heath CC (258/5) by six wickets with 17 balls to spare
Tamil Eelam CC (344/4) beat Swamibapa Leeds CC (188) by 156 runs

Code:
                     P W T L Pt NRR
Tamil Eelam CC       1 1 0 0  2 +3.12
caves_beachcc        1 1 0 0  2 +1.73
Male Models          1 1 0 0  2 +0.33
-------------------------------------
The Heath CC         1 0 0 1  0 -0.33
Leverock CC          1 0 0 1  0 -1.73
Swamibapa Leeds CC   1 0 0 1  0 -3.12
Group B:

Coco's Nuts (280/4) beat Saggers Mob (278/4) by six wickets with 42 balls to spare
BEST Indies (193/2) beat Fishs XI (192) by eight wickets with 105 balls to spare
Guttedball (238) beat oz fans XI (133) by 105 runs

Code:
                     P W T L Pt NRR
Guttedball           1 1 0 0  2 +2.10
BEST Indies          1 1 0 0  2 +1.45
Coco's Nuts          1 1 0 0  2 +0.95
-------------------------------------
Saggers Mob          1 0 0 1  0 -0.95
Fishs XI             1 0 0 1  0 -1.45
oz fans XI           1 0 0 1  0 -2.10
Second round, home team to challenge by Friday midnight BT-time and post here that they've challenged, otherwise it's a forfeit. Go gadget.

Oh, almost forgot. XI of the round.

Bernard (Male Models)
Elmes (Saggers Mob)
+Delgado (Tamil Eelam CC)
Nkosinathi (Coco's Nuts)
Merry (Tamil Eelam CC)
Penford (Guttedball)
Farmer (caves_beachcc)
Patton (BEST Indies)
Foulkes (Male Models)
Gordon (oz fans XI)
Miller (Guttedball)

Last edited:

oz_fan

International Regular
Shaping up to be an interesting finish between myself and oz fans xi, they had us out for 238 but we've restricted them just enough so far. Last 20 overs will be tight, but if we can sneak out their man bat, or two quick wickets, I think we'll be in with a big shout at walking away with a victory.

Edit: yes! my spinner just ripped out the batsman who was giving me the most trouble. game on now. :)

edit2: Oooh xD 3 wickets from the over now. This bowler averages 4.33 in OD games this season and 3.40 in FC, and he's done it again. <3

edit3: Make that 4 wickets in one over...Miller you beauty. xD took out the set batsman and then got a hat-trick from the last three balls over the over, and took what looked to be a tough finish to what should hopefully be an easy victory.
Congrats on the win. My top order really needed to fire and my lower order collapsed after some good middle order batting. Fairly pleased with my bowlers but the batsmen needed to do more. Fully deserved victory and thanks for the match.