• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The 100k barrier

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Highest I've got has just broken the 40k.

However, out of my squad of 16, only 3 are below 10k. Of the remaining 13, only 4 are below 20k (of which another 2 should break that barrier pretty soon).

I think I'd have a decent team with one superstar as it seems that people are able to win the league with one player who's 150k rated, whilst I finish 2nd or 3rd every time. Curses.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
With intensive training?

Sandwith's my only ton-up player, at 104k, and he's 24. He rarely had more than two nets, so he could have reached the mark a year or two earlier without much fuss.

After him, I've got a pretty steady progression downwards:

John 76k
Gibb 60k
Fish 57k
Reed 46k
Hirst 40k
Brooker 37k
Hardy 23k

Fish is still only 19 and mostly intensively trained*, so I expect him to hit 100k not long after his 21st birthday.

* Four or five nets, but I've taken him down to just two for the next few weeks as I need him fit for FC).

I've lost my way a bit since my first big training regime petered out -- but them's the breaks, I guess. While I'm (usually) a pretty good minnow-basher, I really lack the monster bowler to make the breakthroughs against the top teams.

What's with you guys and your habit of answering a question with a question...? :happy:

I thought this might be the case...I've probably shared mine around a bit too much.

nibbs

International Captain
Jason Duggan - 23 yo, BT Rating=125,635 PART OF NEW ZEALAND SQUAD
LH Batsman, LH Spin Bowler, proficient batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
A steady player with feeble leadership skills and superb experience.
Stamina: proficient Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: masterful Concentration: miraculous
Bowling: woeful Consistency: superb
Fielding: strong

Jawwad Organ - 24 yo, BT Rating=118,726 PART OF PAKISTAN SQUAD
LH Batsman, LH Spin Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, fresh
A cautious player with proficient leadership skills and strong experience.
Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: abysmal Concentration: respectable
Bowling: exquisite Consistency: masterful
Fielding: respectable

As for Organ I was left pretty annoyed given what I paid for him, but well, I figure I only paid 2mil max. more than I should have which given the price I got him for, wasn't really that much.

Duggan is the man as far as I'm concerned. Just working his stamina up to Superb now. There is no doubt that he is the hero of many up and coming CW BT Batsmen, such as Ranjet Bhutia.

Last edited:

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Duggan is the man as far as I'm concerned. Just working his stamina up to Superb now. There is no doubt that he is the hero of many up and coming CW BT Batsmen, such as Ranjet Bhutia.
It's a pity Sandwith and Duggan have never got on, despite their days playing together in the Allstars (CW 1st XI).

From Sandwith's soon-to-be-released autobiography:

"Jason Duggan. Sure, he knows how to hold a bat, but he drinks like a great big girl. It's all isotonic this and Red Bull that...and even when he is out on the town, all he drinks is sodding alcopops. Blue WKD, I ask you -- that's a football WAG's drink, that is. You know, he once handed me something called a 'cheeky Vimto'. Port and some of that nasty WKD stuff. It's a horrible demeaning thing to do with one of the world's finest drinks -- give me a snifter of 1985 Taylor's any day of the week."

You wouldn't catch The Colonel in a pedalo. Smoking jacket and E-type Jag perhaps -- that's more his style.

nibbs

International Captain
Incidently, Duggan has a tell all book about to hit the shelves.

On Sandwith
"I never understood him. He always displayed a distinct lack of tact and always seemed to have his own agenda. He came first, the team second. I often felt he was more concerned with securing a not out to perserve his average rather than push the side towards victory. I should have probably run him out on few occasions to bring in someone like Fitz Watkins in who I could rely, but I'm not the kind of person who runs out his team mates on purpose."

oh and btw, blue wkd. tbh, it was my drink of choice while in the uk. it tasted really good. i hope it reaches New Zealand someday

Bobisback

International Regular
oh and btw, blue wkd. tbh, it was my drink of choice while in the uk. it tasted really good. i hope it reaches New Zealand someday
Had them at our club, got 2 cases to trial them, we ended up selling them for $2.50 each as no one liked them.