• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Battrick Cup

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Thought I'd start a new thread for this (cheers Tharmi).

Basically, I'd people to show their interest in this early, so it can be organised better when it does happen.

Please state your team name and username if you want to be in the cup.

NZTailender

A bit early to start talking about the cup, most of us are still in the BT Cup. also you will get more discussion and interest if you started a new thread. With PFLs your probably better off having a shorten format, maybe a knockout type tournment.
Count me in.

EARLOBE
Male Models
Might be a bit harder to have the cup with PFLs tbh, I wasn't really planning on playing friendlies. Would do so for the cup thogh.
CricketWeb Battrick Cup.

I thought we could expand it this time on the format of last time round.

Basically, divisions of six, and everyrone plays each other once, followed by a progression to a second stage where everyone plays each other once, followed by semi finals and the final.

Depending on how many teams we have playing, the top 1 or 2 teams will go through. If there's too many, perhaps we can have parallel final series for the main cup, and a secondary cup.

Another idea is to have bonus points for chasing down the total within 40 overs, and bowling the opposition out within 40 overs.

If you're interested, please state your interest with your username and team name.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Clutha Valley CC
Perm

Keen as mustard, but I'm still in the cup ATM.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Dynamo Morpork
Sam_Vimes

West Indies. Still in cup, but fielding about four first-teamers today.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I only joined Battrick yesterday, so I have NFI how this would work, if I'd be able to play or what it would involve, but I'm still somewhat interested if someone can be bothered explaining all that. :p

Needless to say my team is horrible as well so I'd almost certainly get trounced.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
I only joined Battrick yesterday, so I have NFI how this would work, if I'd be able to play or what it would involve, but I'm still somewhat interested if someone can be bothered explaining all that. :p
Basically it's a series of friendly matches. The organiser tells you who to play and where, you go and challenge them and watch the result.

All in good fun.

headhunter

International Vice-Captain
Im in but would like to know roughly when it will be starting im in another competition starting on the 28th Oct and running for 4 weeks.Would pull out of that for this if needed.

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
My reserves went out of the cup yesterday, so definitely count me in.

Not sure whether I'll play a full team -- I know PFL isn't affected anywhere near so much by friendlies, but I'll need all I can get this season!

Bobisback

International Regular
My reserves went out of the cup yesterday, so definitely count me in.

Not sure whether I'll play a full team -- I know PFL isn't affected anywhere near so much by friendlies, but I'll need all I can get this season!
Honestly, CW cup is more important than a league match. Sheesh, get your priorities straight.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
In

My OD league seems to be pretty easy, so I might be able to full strength sides for most games. I need to throw a couple OD league games anyway to avoid auto promotion. Will be out of the cup by next week, hopefully.

NZTailender

Currently in:
1. Male Models
2. Clutha Valley CC
3. Four Pillars and Poor Fillers
4. Kipper XI
5. Saggers Mob
6. Central Districts
7. Oceans XI
8. Dynamo Morpork
9. Jamees 999ers
10. Alternative XI
11. Jaffna Jets
12. Viveash
13. Henry's Dream Team
14. Tawonga Tigers
15. Magical Ponies
16. Opening Balance
17. oz fans xi
18. Whenuapai CC
19. Victoria Panthers
20. Withington Wonderers
21. caves_beach cc
22. Brackenhurst

Anyone not on the list, please post your team name.

Last edited: