• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Battrick Cup

Olwe

School Boy/Girl Captain
how do you get into the BT cup?

do you haev to be in a curtain Div or sometimg?

Bobisback

International Regular
how do you get into the BT cup?

do you haev to be in a curtain Div or sometimg?
You have already missed the BT cup, this thread is about the friendly cup we hold with all the cricket web teams.

The ingame cup starts in the first week of every season.

cameeel

International Captain
Surely it would have been better to do the Preliminary Round as those who haven't participated in the last BT cup. For instance, I'll probably lose to Jaffna Jets, yet Fish XI has a guaranteed spot in the draw despite being unlikely to make it particularly far at all.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Surely it would have been better to do the Preliminary Round as those who haven't participated in the last BT cup. For instance, I'll probably lose to Jaffna Jets, yet Fish XI has a guaranteed spot in the draw despite being unlikely to make it particularly far at all.
OK, so you lose this Sunday instead of next Sunday. You might have met Jaffna then.

Too much seeding gets complicated. Basically, the first round gets rid of half the field, but since we want it whittled down to 16 instead of 18 three more people go out this Sunday.

nibbs

International Captain
don't get bitter, get better...

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Code:
Opening Balance
Oz Fan's XI
Gattin Bois
Yorkshire Sixhitters
Coco's Nuts
Leverock CC
Cymru Gurgitators
Ocean's XI
Hm, yeah.

(Cymru gets an easy draw though. :p )

Still don't quite see why this is so inherently much more unfair than having a knockout from the start, the teams that aren't good enough lose in 1 match anyway. Still, run it if you like.

Edit: I'll just point out that I did it as random knockout because that was the only format expressed a wish for in the thread. Personally, I would have liked to see a group stage (and so would, I have from good authority, at least one more.)

Last edited:

cameeel

International Captain
Hm, yeah.

(Cymru gets an easy draw though. :p )

Still don't quite see why this is so inherently much more unfair than having a knockout from the start, the teams that aren't good enough lose in 1 match anyway. Still, run it if you like.

Edit: I'll just point out that I did it as random knockout because that was the only format expressed a wish for in the thread. Personally, I would have liked to see a group stage (and so would, I have from good authority, at least one more.)
Fair enough, I'll leave it to you then; I should be studying at the moment anyway.

Agreed about the format though, Group > Random knockout

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Fair enough, I'll leave it to you then; I should be studying at the moment anyway.

Agreed about the format though, Group > Random knockout
OK, I'll leave it eight hours so people can wrangle about the format.

By only allowing winners through from the group stage it shouldn't be too long either. (Though in either case we'd have to have a preliminary, too many bye days or a 9-team knockout if all teams are in the group stage.)

Mat, you were.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What was the format you had Mr. Mork? (and have since deleted)

EDIT: Not a fan of Cameels suggestion either (i'd have no chance against Trev, and i was in the previous Cup anyway)

Last edited:

cameeel

International Captain
What was the format you had Mr. Mork? (and have since deleted)

EDIT: Not a fan of Cameels suggestion either (i'd have no chance against Trev, and i was in the previous Cup anyway)
Really?

All I did was copy the list from the first official fixtures in the last thread, but I didn't bother to check if any updates had been made after that. My bad.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, i think there may be some confusion though, i did change my teams name :p (previously Clapo's XI, now Opening Balance)