• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Battrick Cup

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I prefer seedings TBH, looking at what happened last time you get some really pathetic groups with some really crap sides or some groups with all top sides. With the nature of most sides on here, there is generally a steady flow from the top to the bottom with a lot of sides around the middle range. Your going to get a lot of upsets anyway.

I put in a lot of time to work out all the ranking based on cup results last season and I would be kind of annoyed if it went to waste. Buts its your call Greg.

Also i rather a knockout format, then group format due to PFL factors. The shorter the format the better IMO.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Well, if I can remember who all the previous winners of the cup were, I would make sure that they don't play each other in the first or second rounds. The rest would be entirely random, however.

cameeel

International Captain
Seeing as though this will surely pipe up, I'll just say my piece.

I don't care if he plays, and on the way he went last time he probably deserves to, but jeez, now that he's been given an extra six months on his ban I think it's time to cut the cord.
AWTA. This is the 'CW Battrick Cup', not the 'Anyone associated in any way with CW Battrick Cup'. I move that he shouldn't be eligible to play, this should be for active, or at least legal, members only imo.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Well, if I can remember who all the previous winners of the cup were, I would make sure that they don't play each other in the first or second rounds. The rest would be entirely random, however.
Nibbs spoted that info in last years' thread. Would be one of last posts.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
I prefer seedings TBH, looking at what happened last time you get some really pathetic groups with some really crap sides or some groups with all top sides. With the nature of most sides on here, there is generally a steady flow from the top to the bottom with a lot of sides around the middle range. Your going to get a lot of upsets anyway.

I put in a lot of time to work out all the ranking based on cup results last season and I would be kind of annoyed if it went to waste. Buts its your call Greg.

Also i rather a knockout format, then group format due to PFL factors. The shorter the format the better IMO.
i think seedings is the way to go.

PY

International Coach
I'm in when I get dumped out of the cup.

Team name: Boggles
Manager: PEY

ash chaulk

International Captain
got a good feeling ill most probably win this one. been in stealth mode lately in the battrick threads

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Currently in:
1. Male Models
2. Clutha Valley CC
3. Four Pillars and Poor Fillers
4. Kipper XI
5. Saggers Mob
6. Central Districts
7. Oceans XI
8. Dynamo Morpork
9. Jamees 999ers