• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Battrick Cup

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Opening Balance

Figured my PFLs will be screwed either way so what the heck, count me in.

nibbs

International Captain
Whenuapai CC (2 time champions)
nibbs
Still in cup; for at least 3 more weeks

I'm dreaming of a 3rd triumph in this competitino tbh.

Regards, nibbs

PS. EWS probably doesn't exactly deserve inclusion imo...

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Victoria Panthers

Still in cup however but should get knocked out this week.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
caves_beach cc
bugssy

count me in

sorry guys i think i am all ready in one.let me get confirmation as to if its still going ahead so just pencil me in for the moment and i will come back to ya. cheers

Last edited:

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
How does everyone feel about having completely randomised fixtures? Or would you prefer seedings? Which, to me, takes away from the fun aspect because then you basically know who's going to win from the get go, and this way we have underdogs and upsets, etc.

Any format proposals would be greatly appreciated, itbt.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Good cases for both to be honest. Probably prefer seedings to make it fairer for the quality teams.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
How many weeks is this scheduled to run for? If it's eight or less count me in, if it's more then it'll depend how far I get in the cup. Anyway, I think this season's CW cup will be more open due to the PFL ramifications from FC. I certainly wouldn't be expecting to win it.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I'll barely be playing anyone good.

re: seedings, I used to care, but with FC now I cbf, so randomise it. Only ****s who'll complain are Scaly and d00f, and both are either gone or never around anyway.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Currently in:
1. Male Models
2. Clutha Valley CC
3. Four Pillars and Poor Fillers
4. Kipper XI
5. Saggers Mob
6. Central Districts
7. Oceans XI
8. Dynamo Morpork
9. Jamees 999ers
10. Alternative XI
11. Jaffna Jets
12. Viveash
13. Henry's Dream Team
14. Tawonga Tigers
15. Magical Ponies
16. Opening Balance
17. oz fans xi
18. Whenuapai CC
19. Victoria Panthers
20. Withington Wonderers
21. caves_beach cc
22. Brackenhurst
23. Leverock CC
24. pup
25. Best Indies
26. Boggles
27. Asterix XI
28. Scaly Piscine CC

We'll do random fixtures, and start it when the last team is out of the cup. Unless anyone has objections to that. If so, you better make them damn compelling

Last edited:

pasag

RTDAS
Code:
Rodgie!! says (2:01 PM):
Hey

zeg says (2:02 PM):
hey
Rodgie!! says (2:03 PM):
Can you post in the battrick cup thread that I would like to play?
zeg says (2:03 PM):
ok

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Seeing as though this will surely pipe up, I'll just say my piece.

I don't care if he plays, and on the way he went last time he probably deserves to, but jeez, now that he's been given an extra six months on his ban I think it's time to cut the cord.