• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [19/01/09] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Playing against a better team on a 'result' pitch (green, with cloudy/humid forecast over the next few days). There could be scope for pulling off a shock though, a lot of their best players have pfl around fair/fresh.

They won the toss and are batting.

End of Over 7 (2 runs). butterfingersXI: 18-0, runrate=2.57
Westwood 4-1-8-0
Roberton* 4 (22 balls)
Nortje 11 (21 balls)

Dead Badger

State 12th Man
Up against a side with decent enough batting, but rubbish bowling, so am resting a batsman or two. Bowling as hoped on the first morning on a dusty pitch - a slow start, but wickets beginning to fall:

End of Over 14 (Maiden). dazza4: 34-3, runrate=2.43
Pead 7-2-15-2
Baldwin* 0 (1 balls)
Doughty 0 (3 balls)

Weird opponent; seems to have some relatively high-paid players who are nonetheless rubbish. Must have no secondaries, I s'pose.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member

Code:
End of Over 21 (10 runs). Marxistene: 102-1, runrate=4.86  
Trail by 177 runs. (Jaffna Jets 279-10) 
Jeithoon 11-1-36-0 
Abeysekera* 54 (50 balls) 
Mcleod 42 (48 balls)

Last Wicket: Ralph c. Muralitharan b. Willetts 5 (FOW: 23/1)
Jeithoon was bowling tight until that over looks like he hit the stamina wall. There best two batsmen are in now. Jeithoon on par with both of them, but can't seem to get their wicket. Looks like he might come off next over so we could be in trouble.

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Getting a bit of a pasting

End of Over 22 (4 runs). butterfingersXI: 97-0, runrate=4.41
Talbot 2-0-5-0
Roberton* 56 (69 balls)
Nortje 38 (64 balls)

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
just seen my scorecard

Hewitts v Caves beach CC

Innings of Hewitts who elected to bat first

oa 255 from 85.2 overs.
@ one stage where 2 - 152, so good fightback from the boys
the 3 gun experienced boys took all the wickets

Deacon: 20 overs, 1 maiden 4 - 70
Farmer: 20 overs, 4 maidens 3 - 58
Mulhern: 16.2 overs, 6 maidens 3 - 34

Whitman: young rookie who was unlucky but bowled well
19 overs, 5 maidens 0 - 49

in reply to there 255

we started off poor loosing skipper 2nd ball for 0
Longthorn 67*(68)
Antonius 34(26) got us back on track
Tyler 10*(12) the inform batsmen still there
with us 3 - 140 of 24 overs

first 2 sessions tomorrow are cruical but we got some good bowling points today
and hopefully we get some more batting get a good enough lead to put some pressure
on them in the 2nd innings.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Playing a team with an elite bowler and basically nothing else, should be able to finish it in a day.

Just noticed how gun Whitehorne's bowling figures are so far, bearing in mind he hasn't played any bots.

OD: 16 wickets @ 3.75, ER 2.50, BB 8-34
FC: 17 wickets @ 1.94, ER 0.97, BB 6-13

Batting well too, 161 without dismissal in OD and 106@53 in FC.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Code:
End of Over 40 (7 runs, 1lb). Marxistene: 199-1, runrate=4.98  
Trail by 80 runs. (Jaffna Jets 279-10) 
Obeysekera 6-0-30-0 
Abeysekera* 109 (105 balls) 
Mcleod 80 (107 balls)

Last Wicket: Ralph c. Muralitharan b. Willetts 5 (FOW: 23/1)
Getting smashed here, the really annoying thing is that McLeod is on par with most of my bowling attack. Got to sort out my bowling order so Obeysekera doesn't bowl as much also. With the run rate its going to be hard to even pull off a draw here, unless he hasn't set a declaration target again.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
how do you guys get players that are sooooo good that are so young. i have a few good players but they are old.

trevor_vayro

U19 Vice-Captain
Honours even after the first morning of what should be my toughest FC match. The Gurs won the toss and elected to field on a Slow pitch under cloud cover. Medium pacers Wond/Qual Bewers and Qual/Prof Wilde took full advantage of the conditions, reducing Turnip Town to 5/3 after six overs. However an unbroken 4th wicket stand of 105 between Rem Mawer and Wond Person has restored parity on 110/3 at lunch. With Bewers and Wilde both getting ragged as they tired, and Sup/Resp LFM Carlton inexplicably removed from the attack after two overs for seven runs, it's been up to the Strong spinners, Jeffery and Cash, to put a brake on the Run Rate, which they've managed with some degree of success.

Dead Badger

State 12th Man
how do you guys get players that are sooooo good that are so young.
It's just a case of picking the right trainees and waiting. Also, new teams need to train a lot of players in parallel, because you can't rely on one or two star players (and need your trainees to be fit to play), so your first batch are unlikely to end up as super-players because they'll never get more than a couple of nets each. My current lot, for example, will never threaten to get into the CW second XI, but they're worth far more to me than a couple of stars.

By contrast, established teams with a decent first XI can afford to heavily train someone who won't play for the first couple of seasons, so they end up better, sooner.

Patience, grasshopper. :)

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
It's just a case of picking the right trainees and waiting. Also, new teams need to train a lot of players in parallel, because you can't rely on one or two star players (and need your trainees to be fit to play), so your first batch are unlikely to end up as super-players because they'll never get more than a couple of nets each. My current lot, for example, will never threaten to get into the CW second XI, but they're worth far more to me than a couple of stars.

By contrast, established teams with a decent first XI can afford to heavily train someone who won't play for the first couple of seasons, so they end up better, sooner.

thanks dude...just trying to gte agood side and seeing that my players are slowly getting better but i am soo far away with my best player a battrick rating of 11000. which is nothing compared to some of them out there lol.....

cricketboy29

International Regular

The man speaks the truth...the trainees that I started with are, now all surpassed by some of my players who are just 18,19,and only one of my starting squad actually remains.

And the thing is, someone who looks good now, often started off pretty crap. Like if you take my all-rounder Gedye.

He's now..
Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: competent
Batting: superb Concentration: remarkable
Bowling: wonderful Consistency: proficient
Fielding: feeble

He started off:

Stamina:Comp, Batting:Woeful, Conc:Comp, Bowling:Resp, Cons:Comp

Dead Badger

State 12th Man
Two tailenders hanging on for grim death in my match, just managing to scrape their team a batting point, and now blocking out maiden after maiden after maiden. You'd think they were monks or something. Maybe computer scientists.

End of Over 70 (Maiden). dazza4: 202-9, runrate=2.89
Marriott 16-5-32-0
Tekere* 2 (26 balls)
Kubisa 8 (45 balls)

Edit: 4 balls after tea and Pead wraps it up for a five-fer. He's on great form this season, despite having nominally abysmal bowling form.

End of Over 71 (Maiden). dazza4: 202-10, runrate=2.85
Pead 18-7-40-5
Kubisa* 8 (45 balls)

Hope we don't reach my declaration target of 360 by the close - that looks to be a bit low to avoid batting twice so I'd like to change it overnight.

Last edited:

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
End of Over 12 (Maiden). Burlington City: 7-5, runrate=0.58
Watkins 6-4-2-2
Martin* 2 (26 balls)
Oddy 0 (23 balls)
Last Wicket: Maitland lbw b. Watkins 0 (FOW: 5/5)

Boring tstl. I wish I could tell my captain to stfu so my bowlers would bowl the amount of overs I tell them to, and not more.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
End of Over 18 (Maiden). Burlington City: 8-7, runrate=0.44
Watkins 9-7-2-3
Hook* 0 (14 balls)
Sifiso 0 (5 balls)
Last Wicket: Oddy b. Watkins 0 (FOW: 8/7)

STOP BOWLING YOU FOOL.

trevor_vayro

U19 Vice-Captain
My game is still pretty evenly poised, having taken the upper hand in bowling out Turnip Town for 235, Rem Mawer 91, Wond Person 83, Bewers 4/53, Carlton 3/37, only to hand it back to them by losing both openers, Strong/Resp Patel and Strong/Feeb Mohammed, in the first three overs. Currently 30/2, with Sens/Sup Greening and Rem/Qual Staveley at the crease a lot sooner than I'd have liked.

PY

International Coach
End of Over 18 (Maiden). Burlington City: 8-7, runrate=0.44
Watkins 9-7-2-3
Hook* 0 (14 balls)
Sifiso 0 (5 balls)
Last Wicket: Oddy b. Watkins 0 (FOW: 8/7)

STOP BOWLING YOU FOOL.
Is it a home game?

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
No, or I wouldn't be trying to end it in one day. Only reason I don't want him bowling ten overs (instead of the maximum of four I set him to) is PFL. Anyway, my capital letters obviously did the trick as Whitehorne replaced him next over.

This is just farcical now:

End of Over 27 (Maiden). Burlington City: 10-8, runrate=0.37
Downer 14-11-5-4
Sifiso* 2 (32 balls)
Ardley 0 (12 balls)
Last Wicket: Hook c. Ashton b. Downer 0 (FOW: 10/8)

Last edited:

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Getting smashed

End of Over 107 (3 runs). butterfingersXI: 451-3, runrate=4.21
Hennessy 27-4-82-0
Thikhathali* 66 (95 balls)
Dayton 1 (3 balls)

Last Wicket: Roberton c. Sutton b. Liddle 213 (FOW: 448/3)

Bit peed off really, Roberton was on fresh pfl before the game started I think, and yet he still managed to bat almost all day. Beginning to think that pfl doesn't actually mean that much.

Dead Badger

State 12th Man
In no danger of hitting my declaration target, but still laid into them after a tightish opening spell, Janes doing his thing with aplomb to milk a satisfying 7.5ish an over off the last 17:

End of Over 39 (8 runs). Beard XI: 230-1, runrate=5.90
Lead by 28 runs. (dazza4 202-10)
Tekere 11-1-57-0
Alshaun* 66 (88 balls)
Janes 143 (116 balls)

All my main competitors look set for full points too, so no great developments league-wise this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.