• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [19/01/09] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Gun. Mine arent so gun, but pretty happy. Combined BTR of 248223, i have no big guns boosting it though. Average of 22565. The average age of my core 7 is 19.7. With the other 4 it goes up to 21.9, which isnt bad as i have a 33 year old :laugh:

Also, my average bowler is Superb(10.6)/Proficient(8.6) which im fairly happy with. (Those stats are Bowling/Consistency)
Haha yeah, I should note that 232,169 BTR of that total comes from two players... 308,365 from three... 356,015 from four... :unsure:

Haha, by the way... not bad :cool::

Code:
[b]Gate Receipts[/b]:	503,141

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Code:
Pete Clegg (1587389)

LH Batsman, LFM Bowler, respectable batting form, respectable bowling form, changeable  
A destructive player with woeful leadership skills and worthless experience. 

Plays For: Clutha Valley CC 
Nationality: New Zealand 
Battrick Rating: 3,802 
Wages: £739 p/w 

Stamina: feeble Wicket Keeping: worthless 
Batting: mediocre Concentration: worthless 
Bowling: respectable Consistency: woeful 
Fielding: worthless
Is he worth training? Keep in mind my team is pretty average.

Perm

5 wicket win in the end, shame that Martin was out before he could reach his century.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Region: New South Wales
One Day League: #2 in V.56
First Class League: #5 in V.49
Twenty20 League: #5 in Australia group 51
Ground: Energy Australia
Yeah, for example, for your one day league, the V denotes what division you're in (ie; five), and the 56 indicates what league you're in within that division.

PY

International Coach
Haha, what the hell, your team actually looks... decent. A notable absence is a W/K column :cool:

Just worked out that my 1st XI has a combined BTR rating of 423,332, with an average BTR of 38,485. My players have also collectively seen 239 years, with an average age of 21.73. The average age in my 8-man "core group" (ie; long-term players) is exactly 20 :cool2:
Why thank you Robert! :p

The WK column would have a proficient next to Ahmed's name, he does the job though I know I need to replace him. Replacing King comes first though, easily. My BT ratings for all 11 is 321,528, ave of 29230, remove the 2 fillers I have in the side and you get 304k with ave of 33k. 7 of the 9 are being trained so the bigger number will increase at about 6k a week.

Haven't seen your side's particulars for a while, still reliant on Ralph and Gray to do donkey work?

Last edited:

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Why thank you Robert! :p

The WK column would have a proficient next to Ahmed's name, he does the job though I know I need to replace him. Replacing King comes first though, easily. My BT ratings for all 11 is 321,528, ave of 29230, remove the 2 fillers I have in the side and you get 304k with ave of 33k. 7 of the 9 are being trained so the bigger number will increase at about 6k a week.

Haven't seen your side's particulars for a while, still reliant on Ralph and Gray to do donkey work?
Haha, if you're planning on getting a W/K, I strongly recommend getting a 17yo resp bat/wk (or comp, whatever) and putting him on 2 bat and 1 wk. It means you can justify giving him the secondary training, whilst also working on a very important primary - you'll end up with a very gun bat/wk. Gray was an 18yo resp bat/feeble wk, ffs. 1 wk net is all you need - say you've got a 17yo with low resp batting and WK, and med conc - by the time he turns 20, he'll be wonderful/wonderful with wonderful keeping (meh, roughly. Not 100% sure about training times). Ok. Two birds. Effectively three stones. :mellow:

On that last point... :unsure: yes. Though it's not as bad as it's been in the past. Bhutia has had a cracking season with the bat to date, whilst Mcmillan, Mulholland and Mullis are all steady contributors with the ball. I've already got 3 wonderful+ batsmen, and by the season's end, I'll have 4 wonderful+ bowlers, so the reliance on Gray & Ralph is slowly subsiding :p Plus, Kerr and Mcinally will both be strong, so they'll hopefully be able to chip in with a 40 or 50 here and there.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
The hell's the story, though?
He bidded on one of my players which in no way did i tell him too. He then asked me to outbid him as he didn't want him anymore which i would of done had i not already myself listed another player on the market who i didnt think would sell at an adequate price. If I outbidded Rob i would of lost a player under value as i wouldn't of been able to buy the guy i wanted back but as it turns out i got the amount i was after the problem being The player Rob bid on was finishing before the other guy. It actually worked out well for Rob anyway as he made a profit on the player he purchassed off me. This happenned about a year ago now.

Last edited:

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
LOL at Rob still being pissed off at Mike.

Won my match on friday with 6 or so overs to spare, would have liked a easier win. But I think the side i faced a tad better then i thought, they got some decent depth unlike most sides in my league. Reckon they might knock over a few of the other high profiled sides with a couple gun players.

Playing a side in my league on Sunday in the cup, tossing up between resting Ellis or playing him. His played all but one game this season, but his PFL sublime. Might still rest him the side i'm has dire bowling attack, Bugs probably has better bowling attck.

Johnners

Worthless YP barring Mediore consistency. I decided to go TIE in my cup game tomorrow, if i win i win, but if i don't, it's not big deal as i'm more focusing upon getting through my OD league this season than anything else.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Code:
Pete Clegg (1587389)

LH Batsman, LFM Bowler, respectable batting form, respectable bowling form, changeable  
A destructive player with woeful leadership skills and worthless experience. 

Plays For: Clutha Valley CC 
Nationality: New Zealand 
Battrick Rating: 3,802 
Wages: £739 p/w 

Stamina: feeble Wicket Keeping: worthless 
Batting: mediocre Concentration: worthless 
Bowling: respectable Consistency: woeful 
Fielding: worthless
Is he worth training? Keep in mind my team is pretty average.
Get 2 bowling, 1 fielding, 1 stam on that guy ASAP and keep them on for a good few seasons.

Maybe even a batting net if you can spare it!

Status
Not open for further replies.