• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [19/01/09] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
5-10-2007, Maidan Azteca-Kilimanjaro: Zebras Guatemala beat TON BLASTERS by 12 runsZebras Guatemala 244 (49.5)
S **** 119, S Ahmed 58
TON BLASTERS 232 (48.2)
S Hitish 8-37

Brilliant win, we recovered from 130-4 with a 99 run sixth wicket stand. Then Hitish completely destroyed them. A win, at last.

Effine

Cricket Spectator
I won by a 175 runs...

Sneaky Penguins UPT CC
Top Order: woeful woeful
Middle Order: woeful feeble
Lower Order: abysmal abysmal
Seam Bowling: feeble abysmal
Spin Bowling: mediocre woeful
Fielding: mediocre feeble

Improved in seam and spin :)

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bowling first in my game, opposition are 39/2 after 8 overs. Will be looking to peg them back and keep the rate under 4.5.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Code:
[B]	        Mud poodles 	Asterix XI[/B]
Top Order: 	exquisite 	quality
Middle Order: 	proficient 	remarkable
Lower Order: 	abysmal 	woeful
Seam Bowling: 	quality 	exquisite
Spin Bowling: 	strong  	wonderful
Fielding: 	mediocre 	feeble
[insert rant here]

33/3from3.3

International Vice-Captain
I forgot to make my orders. But i think it used default tbh.

End of Over 26: 122-2, runrate=4.69
Zoricich 3-0-5-1
Du toit* 30 (38 balls)
Stansfield 1 (7 balls)
Last Wicket: Briggs b. Zoricich 43 (FOW: 116/2)
Mackin took the other wicket.

edit:
27.3 W Zoricich to Stansfield
Stansfield went for the big pull but edged it onto the pad. The ball balloons into the air and Philani runs up from short leg and takes it. Got him!

Last edited:

Dead Badger

State 12th Man
Sorry dude, I think most people are still in the cup. Try posting on the sledging boards, that always gets you a bunch of challenges within the hour. I'll be out of the cup next week though, so if you want one then I'll happily oblige. :)

Comfortable win in the end in my OD league, meaning I've still got a 100% record in all competitions this season (until Sunday). And that's the best two challengers in my OD league beaten too, which is nice. With a following wind I could well manage promotion to div IV this season. In fact given the way my main challengers are playing in my FC league (i.e., inexplicably badly), I could well end up double-promoting, something I'm not entirely keen on. Still, be good for a laugh.

Oh, bought this guy for 60k as an FC backup wickie:

Benjamin Nagamootoo (922118)
LH Batsman, LH Spin Bowler, competent batting form, worthless bowling form, sublime
A steady player with respectable leadership skills and woeful experience.

Battrick Rating: 5,617 (-181)
Wages: £1,315 p/w

Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: proficient
Batting: mediocre Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: abysmal
Fielding: feeble

Pretty rubbish, but he'll do.

Perm

Warlock took three in an over to put me on top, opposition only going at 4 an over. Very pleased.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Code:
Name		Age	BT	Bat		Conc		Bowl		Cons
Abdul kadir	22	27211	remarkable	quality		
Chanderpaul	23	48979	exceptional	quality
Ahmed		24	13231	respectable	respectable
Moodley		22	37702	remarkable	quality
Taylor		19	23854	remarkable	strong
King		29	4000	competent	woeful
Sekani		22	36629					exceptional	proficient
Ferrell		19	20020					superb		strong
Croft		22	54124					exquisite	superb
Matthews	20	27006					remarkable	superb
Bardle		21	28772					quality		superb
9 players with BT rating over 20k now, bowling attack is decent enough for me but the batting isn't looking so hot even though Taylor, Abdul kadir and Moodley should all pop wonderful fairly soon. Got my eye on a batting trainee for that troublesome #6 spot.
Haha, what the hell, your team actually looks... decent. A notable absence is a W/K column :cool:

Just worked out that my 1st XI has a combined BTR rating of 423,332, with an average BTR of 38,485. My players have also collectively seen 239 years, with an average age of 21.73. The average age in my 8-man "core group" (ie; long-term players) is exactly 20 :cool2:

Perm

Lost four early wickets but Ohalloran is steadying the ship, Martin blasting away at the other end. Both batsman in their sixties at the moment, should see us home comfortably.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
Haha, what the hell, your team actually looks... decent. A notable absence is a W/K column :cool:

Just worked out that my 1st XI has a combined BTR rating of 423,332, with an average BTR of 38,485. My players have also collectively seen 239 years, with an average age of 21.73. The average age in my 8-man "core group" (ie; long-term players) is exactly 20 :cool2:
how good is your side buddy. thats unreal my side is never going to get like that .........

Bobisback

International Regular

Gun. Mine arent so gun, but pretty happy. Combined BTR of 248223, i have no big guns boosting it though. Average of 22565. The average age of my core 7 is 19.7. With the other 4 it goes up to 21.9, which isnt bad as i have a 33 year old :laugh:

Also, my average bowler is Superb(10.6)/Proficient(8.6) which im fairly happy with. (Those stats are Bowling/Consistency)

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
Region: New South Wales
One Day League: #2 in V.56
First Class League: #5 in V.49
Twenty20 League: #5 in Australia group 51
Ground: Energy Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.