• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [19/01/09] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Got what should be a fairly easy match against Mud Poodles, who will probably finish 7th or 8th. Not sure whether it's worth TIE'ing now that it only affects PFL though. NorCricket GFI'd last week and pretty much all their players are sublime. Only PFL worry is Ellis who has only recovered one level since last week for some reason, hoping he'll get to invigorated by next Friday.

Effine

Cricket Spectator
Greetings:

Hi, I am Effine, I have been playing Battrick for 2 years, Owned two teams so far, Sinhala Ranaweera [formerly known as Aura 9/10/2005 to 4/8/2007] and Sneaky Penguins, just been 5 weeks. Me and a friend of mine restarted in WI with a challenge that we would make to the top without buying a single player... So far so good, hope I get a good welcome

Note: I come from Planetcricket
Note: I am a complete BT noob

Dead Badger

State 12th Man
Hello Effine (hmm, this sounds like an alcoholics anonymous meeting). A 2-year noob, eh? Blimey. Getting to the top with no purchases sounds like a challenge, alright - better get those Youth Academies cracking. :)

Man, I just realised Wednesday was my Battrick anniversary. That year went quickly. :blink:

Last edited:

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Hi Effine! That's a pretty damn good challenge...but I reckon you'll have no chance. SURELY you can't be a proper noob if you've had a team for two years -- you should by now at least know what not to do!

Still, good luck to you :)

Effine

Cricket Spectator
:ph34r:

Well, my experience never shows up in my matches :laugh:

I do pretty well at scouting opponents, tactics, future planning and the transfer market [I miss you tm] but other than that, I am a noob.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Hahaha, that'll be very hard my friend. What are you going to do with all the cash you'll no doubt accumulate?

Actually - that means you'll be able to train players to ridiculous levels, because you'll have so much money, their wages won't matter. The hard part is getting them without buying them :p

Effine

Cricket Spectator
Hahaha, that'll be very hard my friend. What are you going to do with all the cash you'll no doubt accumulate?

Actually - that means you'll be able to train players to ridiculous levels, because you'll have so much money, their wages won't matter. The hard part is getting them without buying them :p
A few days ago I was on -11k balance... I had to sell my comp/resp/feeb [came with my starting squad] for 563k... So it is umm not exactly that rich...

trevor_vayro

U19 Vice-Captain
My tricky OD match turned out not as tricky as I'd expected, and I'm now beginning to wish I hadn't played the full team.

Frenetic Sloggers CC 83 A/O, Crow 31, Bewers 2/5 , Jeffery 2/17, Carlton 2/19, Wilde 2/32 ,
Cymru Gurgitaters 84/3, Greening 41*

I'll wait until the PFLs update, but toying with the idea of strengthening the Cup team, in the light of this match taking so little time. ATM the team to play a Resp/Resp/Abs - Resp/Use/Feeb cup Oppo is:

1.*. Patel, Strong/Resp
2. Jeffery, Strong/Prof
3. Staveley, Rem/Qual
4. Akhtar, Strong/Comp
5. Mohammed, Strong/Feeb
6.+. Staton, Resp/Woe, Feeb WK
7.B1. Bewers Feeb/Feeb, (Rem/Qual LM)
8.B2. Wilde, Feeb/Feeb (Qual/Prof)
9.B5. Edworthy, Woe/Med (Resp/Med RFM)
10. Carlton.B3. Abs/Med, (Sup/Resp LFM)
11.B4) Bent, Abs/Woe, (Resp/Feeb RFM)

Given that today's ratings, PAN, full-strength, were Qual/Prof/Woe - Sup/Prof/Feeb, I guess that Sunday's TIE ratings will be something like Strong/Med/Abs - Prof/Use/Feeb, which should be good enough, but is still a little too close for comfort.

Oh, and Hi Effin, good challenge that. I reckon, with what I know now, given time, I'd make a reasonable fist of getting half-way up BT without buying in, say solid Div III, but I wouldn't have stood a chance when I started out.

Laters, Trev

PY

International Coach
Pretty easy result earlier, certainly easier than expected:

Bombay Blues 38 all out
Sekani 8/16

Boggles 39/0 (8.1 overs)

Code:
		[B]Bombay Blues [/B][B]	Boggles [/B]
Top Order: 	superb 		superb 
Middle Order: 	competent 	respectable 
Lower Order: 	worthless 	worthless 
Seam Bowling: 	superb 		quality 
Spin Bowling: 	useless 	quality 
Fielding: 	mediocre 	woeful
Pretty happy with those TIE ratings as all five of my bowlers are being trained and both those are close to remarkable.

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Having been second best for the first 99.9 overs of the match, my bowlers have pulled it back!

End of over 45: 188/6, chasing 233/10, RRR=7.20

I should win this from here.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Doing slightly worse than I had hoped (considering I eventually decided to PAN), not too bad though.

Asterix XI won the toss and elected to field.
Pitch: Green

End of Over 16: 63-2, runrate=3.94
Downer 8-0-33-1
Dove* 31 (33 balls)
Taylor 4 (3 balls)
Last Wicket: Constable c. Whitehorne b. Ellis 12 (FOW: 52/2)

Lean spell by Downer's standards. Need to get their gun batsman (Dove) out, hopefully Whitehorne will take care of that soon.

headhunter

International Vice-Captain
Nostolgia 212/10 (47.5)
Impey 8.5-0-47-5 My 1st 5 wicket haul by a bowler in a competative game.

BEST Indies 213/2 (36.4)
Fordham 100* off 21 balls
Oakes 70* off 87 balls

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Jamees 999ers 258/8 [50] (Kealey 67* (54), Warnock 52 (64), Fillery 47 (50)
Perennial Failures 35 [15] (Kealey 7-1-19-5, Bardle 8-1-15-4)

Jamees 999ers win by 228 runs

Jamees 999ers Perennial Failures
Top Order: superb respectable
Middle Order: respectable competent
Lower Order: abysmal abysmal
Seam Bowling: quality competent
Spin Bowling: mediocre superb
Fielding: mediocre woeful

MOTM: Kealey

Attendance: 18836
£140550 in gate receipts.

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Nostolgia 212/10 (47.5)
Impey 8.5-0-47-5 My 1st 5 wicket haul by a bowler in a competative game.

BEST Indies 213/2 (36.4)
Fordham 100* off 21 balls
Oakes 70* off 87 balls
Good stuff!

Just seen your sig, BTW. I've watched a couple of hurling matches on the telly, memorably an all-Ireland final (I think...I'd had rather a lot of Guinness by this point) at an Irish social club in Chorlton, South Manchester. Actually, that might have been Gaelic football...

*thinks*

Yep, it was Gaelic. Either way, they're BOTH ABSOLUTELY BLOODY MENTAL!

I've won my match by 27 runs...John knocked over their top batsman with his last ball, at the end of the 40th over, leaving Hirst to get the remaining proper batsman and Gibb to take care of the tail :)

Quite pleased I managed to knock over a Wonderful/Strong/Feeble batting lineup while resting Brooker (Rem/Rem RFM), Batt (Strong spinner, 1st backup bowler) and Fish (Rem WK, Superb/Strong bat).

PY

International Coach
Code:
Name		Age	BT	Bat		Conc		Bowl		Cons
Abdul kadir	22	27211	remarkable	quality		
Chanderpaul	23	48979	exceptional	quality
Ahmed		24	13231	respectable	respectable
Moodley		22	37702	remarkable	quality
Taylor		19	23854	remarkable	strong
King		29	4000	competent	woeful
Sekani		22	36629					exceptional	proficient
Ferrell		19	20020					superb		strong
Croft		22	54124					exquisite	superb
Matthews	20	27006					remarkable	superb
Bardle		21	28772					quality		superb
9 players with BT rating over 20k now, bowling attack is decent enough for me but the batting isn't looking so hot even though Taylor, Abdul kadir and Moodley should all pop wonderful fairly soon. Got my eye on a batting trainee for that troublesome #6 spot.

Last edited:

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Anyone know how long a 29yo on one WK net would take to WK pop (or in conc, for that matter)?

Last edited:

Bobisback

International Regular
Greetings:

Hi, I am Effine, I have been playing Battrick for 2 years, Owned two teams so far, Sinhala Ranaweera [formerly known as Aura 9/10/2005 to 4/8/2007] and Sneaky Penguins, just been 5 weeks. Me and a friend of mine restarted in WI with a challenge that we would make to the top without buying a single player... So far so good, hope I get a good welcome

Note: I come from Planetcricket
Note: I am a complete BT noob
I have a team in my league that has only bought one player, his current ratings are:

Respectable
Mediocre
Mediocre
Superb
Superb
Feeble

No where near top of Aus, or WI for that matter, but not too bad. His mediocre lower order scares me. Yet to beat him too.

Effine

Cricket Spectator
I have a better example:

Melamiehet
Top Order:wonderful
Middle Order:strong
Lower Order:abysmal
Seam Bowling:exceptional
Spin Bowling:competent
Fielding:feeble

Div 1 sri lanka, never bought a guy :happy:

Has two NT players, So I dont think it is impossible...

Edit:

End of Over 50: 295-5, runrate=5.90
Cush 10-0-50-2
Davison* 53 (47 balls)
Swift 13 (13 balls)
Last Wicket: Hedley c & b. Cush 0 (FOW: 267/5)

Inactive, but better team. GFI. going to defend this on a H&F

Status
Not open for further replies.