• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [19/01/09] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

33/3from3.3

International Vice-Captain
Carved up, Ohalloran scored 512* and Ludlow made 439*. Warlock picked up a 10WM.
Mine was pretty much the same.

I had four solid contributors: Philani with 503*, Traynor with 478* (and a catch), Lundon 11-4-25-3 & 10-3-30 -4 and Kissling 11.4-7-7-6 & 10-6-4-6. Plus Russouw who took 6 catches behind the sticks, Bishop and Clegg who nabbed a catch each.

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Might have shot myself in the foot here! After toiling in the field for the past day and a bit, and with no sign of a declaration, I set my bowlers to attacking and very attacking to try and get another bowling point or two. This morning the other side have collapsed from 641/3 to 704 all out, and I now have to bat out the rest of the day to try and get a draw! I should manage it, given that we're batting on a H+F track, my batsmen have defensive orders, the weather is good and I occupied 75 overs first time round, but it could be tense!

End of Over 4 (6 runs). The Heath CC: 7-0, runrate=1.75 (1st Inn: 289-10)
Trail by 408 runs. (Birdy's Boys 704-10)
Stamp 2-1-6-0
Sutton* 5 (12 balls)
Grant 2 (12 balls)

Edit: Have made £55,169 from this game - almost exactly matching the FC subsidy! Now if only I played at home every week...

Have moved on to 21/0 in the 11th over. Sutton has scored his first runs of the season in competitive cricket at the 5th attempt. Good show, Eric.

Last edited:

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
Might have shot myself in the foot here! After toiling in the field for the past day and a bit, and with no sign of a declaration, I set my bowlers to attacking and very attacking to try and get another bowling point or two. This morning the other side have collapsed from 641/3 to 704 all out, and I now have to bat out the rest of the day to try and get a draw! I should manage it, given that we're batting on a H+F track, my batsmen have defensive orders, the weather is good and I occupied 75 overs first time round, but it could be tense!

End of Over 4 (6 runs). The Heath CC: 7-0, runrate=1.75 (1st Inn: 289-10)
Trail by 408 runs. (Birdy's Boys 704-10)
Stamp 2-1-6-0
Sutton* 5 (12 balls)
Grant 2 (12 balls)

Edit: Have made £55,169 from this game - almost exactly matching the FC subsidy! Now if only I played at home every week...

Have moved on to 21/0 in the 11th over. Sutton has scored his first runs of the season in competitive cricket at the 5th attempt. Good show, Eric.

good luck mate, i tried to do the sme thing but they where just too good for me..

hey anyone want a friendly this weekend guys pls.

Dead Badger

State 12th Man
Into the tail with two sessions to wrap things up. No morning wicket-fest today, but they fell regularly nonetheless. Hoping there won't be the sort of interminable block-fest we've been seeing from some tailenders...

End of Over 111 (Maiden, 1b). Adwick C.C.: 398-7, runrate=3.59 (1st Inn: 182-10)
Lead by 28 runs. (Beard XI 552-5 dec)
Marriott 33-6-91-1
Murphy* 0 (17 balls)
Hansen 58 (167 balls)

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ended up holding out for a draw after setting them around 300 to win, they finished on 4/280.

cricketboy29

International Regular
Quite a satisfactory victory today with things going according to the plan.

Sandy Snowmen 269 all out
SD XI 402-3 101 overs
Sandy Snowmen 220 all out
SD XI 90-1

Sandy Snowmen Sad Decadent XI
Top Order: strong superb
Middle Order: competent respectable
Lower Order: abysmal abysmal
Seam Bowling: strong respectable
Spin Bowling: proficient strong
Fielding: feeble woeful

Must say, i think there's a niche for the part-timer in FC. 3 of the wickets were taken by Thorp, whose actually a middle order batsman, but has resp-med-comp for bowling.

Last edited:

Dead Badger

State 12th Man
Wrapped it up for an 8-wicket victory. Check out the extras I gave up.

Code:
Beard XI	552-5d (108.0o) Platt 183*, Janes 144
Adwick CC	182ao (48.0o) York 90, Extras 52 (16b, 28lb, 4w, 4nb)
Adwick CC	419ao (121.4o) Conelly 110, Extras 48 (10b, 31lb, 1w, 6nb)
Beard XI	53-2 (17.0o) Janes 27
Backup wickie definitely on the shopping list. :)

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Wrapped it up for an 8-wicket victory. Check out the extras I gave up.

Code:
Beard XI	552-5d (108.0o) Platt 183*, Janes 144
Adwick CC	182ao (48.0o) York 90, Extras 52 (16b, 28lb, 4w, 4nb)
Adwick CC	419ao (121.4o) Conelly 110, Extras 48 (10b, 31lb, 1w, 6nb)
Beard XI	53-2 (17.0o) Janes 27
Backup wickie definitely on the shopping list. :)
Heh. I read "31lb" as "three hundred and eleven byes" :blink:

Not quite as bad as that, but backup wickie definitely required!

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
End of Over 34 (1 runs, 2lb). CC Törööö : 116-5, runrate=3.41 (1st Inn: 433-10)
Lead by 173 runs. (Dynamo Morpork 376-5 dec)
Harris 16-3-26-5

The plan to bowl my only decent bowler into the ground clearly worked. Their big batsman bowled for 73, should get them all out for 200 now. Question is whether 260 is chasable in 60 overs on this wicket.

Dead Badger

State 12th Man
Not quite as bad as that, but backup wickie definitely required!
He didn't take a single dismissal. Not one catch, not one stumping (hardly surprising), nada. Quite an achievement, really.

Bit annoyed actually, I just missed out by two minutes on a perfect backup who went reasonably cheaply because one of my students had to ask one more question before the lab ended, and he went and bowled a ripsnorter which completely stumped me. I can't be having real life intruding on Battrick like that, I really can't.

PY

International Coach
Hmm, I put a speculative bid in on this guy this morning of 5.4m and got him:

Harry Matthews - 20 yo, BT Rating=27,006
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, invigorated
An attacking player with superb leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: worthless
Bowling: remarkable Consistency: superb
Fielding: worthless

On a fitness net until he gets to comp then bowling net until another net frees up and he'll probably get another set of fitness nets. Not sure if it's a bargain but I certainly won't lose any money on him and I get the impression that the market will continue to grow when you can earn upwards of 600k/week just from gate receipts if the circumstances are correct.

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Eased to a draw today.

The Heath CC: 289/10 (75.4) Kepler 85 (114), Hendrik 3/42, Stamp 3/68

Birdy's Boys: 704/10 (166.2) Ingleby 210, Disley 203, Esterhuizen 129, Gough 75, Marrison 4/125 (33)

The Heath CC: 368/3 (87) Kepler 146* (188), Sutton 108 (212)

Big upturn in fortunes for Sutton in the 2nd innings, and another great knock from Kepler to get his first century in all forms of cricket. Another illustration of batting being easier in the afternoon though - Birdy's Boys lost their last 7 wickets for 27 runs before lunch.

PY

International Coach
Bit gutted the Scal-meister has left the building due his epic BT knowledge and he was always good value for money with his ranting and raving. :laugh:

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Scaly has quit? What?

Anyway, I must be an idiot for setting my declare total at a sane level like 440 when it's clear I could rack up four figures. Hmm.

Dead Badger

State 12th Man
Apparently he's taking a break from CW in protest at the moderation. Uncompromising lad, that one.

If you're reading this Scaly, good luck on Countdown, but if you feel Carol isn't giving you fair numbers, remember not to tell her to piss off.

Edit: Wait, what am I saying? Let 'er rip. :)

headhunter

International Vice-Captain
I got 17K for producing a game which lasted 1 over and provided 1 run of excitement for the fans!

Wing Commander 608/5
BEST Indies 71/10 & 177/10

oz_fan

International Regular
James Grant - 17 yo, BT Rating=2,382
RH Batsman, LM Bowler, competent batting form, competent bowling form, invigorated
A destructive player with mediocre leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: woeful Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: feeble Concentration: feeble
Bowling: mediocre Consistency: feeble
Fielding: worthless

Bought this guy as a backup bowler for $3000.

Status
Not open for further replies.