• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [19/01/09] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Going by this, i got a dud

Ledley Mulligan (1578216)

RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, respectable batting form, respectable bowling form, fresh
An attacking player with mediocre leadership skills and worthless experience.

Plays For: Alternative XI
Nationality: England
Battrick Rating: 1,997
Wages: £391 p/w
Stamina: feeble Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: mediocre Concentration: abysmal
Bowling: mediocre Consistency: abysmal
Fielding: abysmal

Yep, they were going to be a dud whatever you did.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Looks like I'm versing you this week, you should easily win, your much better then me :)
Haha geez - I knew "CricketFanAA" sounded familiar. First time I've played a CW member in a competitive game.

I'll be resting a few players, most likely, so you never know. Good luck.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Won my cup game pretty easierly. Rolled them for 31 and got it in 4 overs. My new back up seamer Granville got a 6-fer. Playing a side in my OD league next week in the cup. I should win but they got a decent batting line up. I beat them in the same round two seasons ago and I rested Jeithoon. He will play this match and either Sishayi or Willetts will be rested.

EDIT: Turns out I played Jeithoon last time we played got a 4-fer.

Dead Badger

State 12th Man
Attempted a batting reshuffle in order to take some of the heat off Bromby in my cup match:

End of Over 50: 287-5, runrate=5.74
Jameson 10-0-70-2
Bromby* 111 (115 balls)
Oleary 0 (1 balls)

That worked out well, then. :)

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Playing against a somewhat better team to mine, i am currently bowling

End of Over 10: 26-5, runrate=2.60, reqrunrate=4.23 (194-10)
Mcintosh 5-3-4-4
Stone* 12 (17 balls)
Adams 0 (5 balls)
Last Wicket: Baker b. Mcintosh 5 (FOW: 26/5)

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hmmmmm, next cup game is going to be a close one. They should probably beat me, but IF I play GFI I'm in with a real chance.

Nowra Ninjas
Top Order: proficient
Middle Order: mediocre
Lower Order: worthless
Seam Bowling: proficient
Spin Bowling: mediocre
Fielding: mediocre

headhunter

International Vice-Captain
cardiff Java Coders: 377/1 (50)
BEST Indies 44/10 (14.5)

This team were always going to be too good for me so i put out my 2nd XI on TIE.

Bobisback

International Regular
Looking at my next cup opponent, last season they were getting strong-comp resp-superb and this season they havent been getting anything like that, so i assume they're resting players, and will pull out all the big guns against me, so ill have to play full strength i reckon. Even looking at his squad, he has no real guns, so ill just full strength TIE.

EDIT: Wow, his PFL's are shot, that could be why he isnt getting good ratings. Will check over the week and re asses after OD

trevor_vayro

U19 Vice-Captain
In Work on a Sunday, thanks to the shower of **** which laughingly refers to itself as the Welsh Rugby team, and the resultant Night of the Long Knives!

Anyway, in between the chaos, got to watch my 2nd Round Cup victory, and pulled a future star!

Cup first:
P4L07 107 A/O, Wilde 6/27 (PB), Crick 2/5, Manzini 1/31, Bent 1/29
Cymru Gurgitaters 110/2 (23) Staveley 47*, Mohammed 45*

Basically, the only three first teamers who played did the job, though there were some decent enough support play from the back-up players.

Now to the YP, and the training Dilemma!

Dirk Katleho (1578939)
RH Batsman, RF Bowler, respectable batting form, respectable bowling form, changeable
A cautious player with strong leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Plays For: Cymru Gurgitaters
Nationality: England
Battrick Rating: 6,297
Wages: £878 p/w
Stamina: respectable(8) Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: woeful(5) Concentration: abysmal(2)
Bowling: respectable(10) Consistency: feeble(8)
Fielding: woeful(2)

Definitely want to keep and train, he's RF, good Stamina, not bottom Resp, though admittedly not V.High either, but generally he's a pretty good starting point for a trainee.

Here's my other trainnees.

Greening, 23YO, Exc/Sup Bat (2X Batting)
Staveley, 24YO, Rem/Qual Bat (1X Batting)
Jeffery, 25YO, Strong/Prof bat, Strong/Strong LHS (1X Bowl)
Noon, 23YO, Sup/Exc Bat, Qual WK (1X Bat, 1X WK)
Akhtar, 18YO, Strong/Comp Bat, (2X Bat)
Bewers, 23YO, Rem/Qual LM, (1X Bowl)
Wilde, 20YO, Qual/Resp RM, (1X Bowl)

And I have Staton, 17yo, Resp/Woe Bat, Feeb Stam, WK and Field, who's not yet getting anything, as I'm minded to flog him.

Any thoughts? Jeffery's net is the obvious sacrifice, and I suppose I could call it a day on Staveley when he hits Wond in the next few weeks? Or should I sell both the 17YOs and rake in the cash?

Cheers, Trev

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't think you should be training Jeffery, the second batting net on Greening is a bit of a waste (a fielding net would be more useful if you want to give him two nets) and Akhtar's second net could probably be used better elsewhere as well. Dunno what your players' stamina levels are like but I'm sure you could use at least one fitness net. Anyway, if you look at those three and stop training Staveley when he pops there's plenty of room for you to fit in a trainee.

trevor_vayro

U19 Vice-Captain
Cheers Ad, as a short-term measure I'm giving Jeffery's bowling net to Katleho, and I'll look at it again when I get the pops I'm expecting.

I've got a kind'a emotional attachment to Staveley, much like you and Cuss, as he was my first ever semi-decent player. But I think that at 24yo, Wond is realistically as far as he's going to go.

In the next few weeks I should get: Greening to Sens Bat, Staveley Wond Bat, Noon Qual Bat, Bewers Wond Bowl.

You're right about Greening's 2nd batting net, I was just trying to tank up on primaries while he was young enough, and as soon as he has his next pop, I'll change it to a fielding net, as Sup Conc isn't really good enough for a player of his ability.

Interested that you suggest sacking Akhtar's second net, rather than pulling Bewers' net? Akhtar is better than Greening and Staveley were at his age, so I'm kind'a committed to him, and I again thought that stacking up on primaries while he was young enough was the way forward - Especially considering that Med Stam and Comp Conc isn't horrible for an 18yo, even if it isn't great?

I don't really want to pull Bewers' net, as he's my best bowler, but at 23yo, I reckon he's only going to make it to say Exc/Exc at best, so perhaps I should consider biting the bullet now if something better comes along?

But you agree that Staton (The 17yo Resp/Woe Bat), isn't going to be any better than what I've already got, so I should sell up and sit on the money?

Tar Ad, Trev

Bobisback

International Regular
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80040e14'

The log file for database 'bt' is full. Back up the transaction log for the database to free up some log space.

/nl/includes/database.asp, line 219

Anyone else getting this? Hope it somehow leads to some sort of triple training bug :laugh:

Dead Badger

State 12th Man
Hmm. This sounds like the sort of thing that leads to lost games and whathaveyou. Could be messy. Will be annoyed if I miss out on a player I'm planning to bid on this evening, especially if he goes for a bargain price...

Won my cup game pretty comfortably. Attempts to take the load off key players didn't work, as Bromby scored all the runs and Oleary took all the wickets. Really need an easy game or two to start properly resting players.

Status
Not open for further replies.