• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [19/01/09] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Brought this guy in morning for 125k, his pretty average but i decided to buy a couple proficient players to help build my squad depth so i can rest players when i want. Will play a lot of FC this season, as Jeithoon and Muralitharan wont be fit to play until Fridays most weeks.

Going to buy two more proficient batsmen, once i get more money. That will give me 12 proficient plus players, as well as two respectable. So that means I can work a 1st XI around 14 players. Hopefully that gives me enough depth for FC this season.

Code:
Philip Granville - 21 yo, BT Rating=3,915  
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, proficient batting form, respectable bowling form, changeable  
A steady player with superb leadership skills and abysmal experience. 
Stamina: woeful Wicket Keeping: worthless 
Batting: worthless Concentration: worthless 
Bowling: proficient Consistency: woeful 
Fielding: worthless

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That's a pretty good buy for 125k IMO, given how crazy the market's been. Need a few more relatively cheap players like that to fill up my squad too, but it seems that every player I look at ends up being taken up in a bidding war.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
That's a pretty good buy for 125k IMO, given how crazy the market's been. Need a few more relatively cheap players like that to fill up my squad too, but it seems that every player I look at ends up being taken up in a bidding war.
Yeah i've noticed that, even guys that are 25yo plus seem to go for over 200k who are similar to that especially bowlers. I think a lot has to do with the time i bought him though. It was at 7am this morning, before Australian games started and after English games finished. So there wouldn't have been many online.

oz_fan

International Regular
Won my match against a slightly better side.

oz fans XI won the toss and elected to bat.
First Innings of: oz fans XI (go for it!)
Total (50.0 overs, 4 wickets) 304
Remakatse* 109(91)
Olowe 85(94)
Lebohang 50(43)

First Innings of: magachute
Total (50.0 overs, 3 wickets) 281
Wills 2-80
Stevens 1-39

Fairly poor bowling performance but really happy with the batting. Good to see the middle order batsmen contributing to a win for once.

Reporter's Summary
magachute oz fans XI
Top Order: mediocre feeble
Middle Order: woeful woeful
Lower Order: abysmal worthless
Seam Bowling: feeble woeful
Spin Bowling: useless woeful
Fielding: woeful woeful

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Code:
End of Over 46: 194-10, runrate=4.22 
Jeithoon 7-2-25-3 
Lynch* 0 (0 balls)
Should win it from here if we can see out their gun bowler Lynch. They got a couple other decent superb to quality bowlers as well.

Willetts got 4, Jeithoon 3, Matharu 2 and Muralitharan 1. Bowling tactics worked pretty well, but I might start letting Jeithoon bowl out his 10 at the start in future. He really is starting to show his class and put together some really good bowling performances. Willetts guns it at the depth these days so i got a decent depth bowler.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
*death

I won fairly easily in the end, completely unexpectedly. Since I hadn't got a replacement for Swart and the team I was playing was the team who gave me the most trouble last season. Looks like FC wore his gun All-rounder out. He made a ton batting but went for 8 an over with the ball, which won me the game basically.

Dylan made 98, Keane 106 and Hodge took 5. Same old, same old.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Code:
Seam Bowling:  	[B]useless[/B]  	worthless
Spin Bowling: 	[B]useless[/B] 	worthless

How?
I'm not 100% but i think in FC bowlers only get rating if they bowl in a game. So cus his bowlers didn't bowl in the match at all he got an useless rating. I could be wrong however.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Starting to cruise here. Their exceptional-ese bowl (Lynch) didn't end up taking a wicket. Looks like the experience of facing similar types of bowlers in D2 is paying off. Wouldn't mind if we up the tempo here though.

Code:
End of Over 25: 109-1, runrate=4.36, reqrunrate=3.44 (194-10) 
Croft 3-0-16-0 
Quintin* 27 (45 balls) 
Lucas 47 (61 balls)

Last Wicket: Ellis c. Lynch b. Hopkins 32 (FOW: 47/1)

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Playing a team today who, like me, have been promoted from Div VI, but have been playing for quite some time. They have two good batsmen opening (they pack a top order rating of proficient - mine is mediocre) but otherwise are of a fairly similar standard to me, although their bowling is perhaps more potent as well. I'm expecting to lose this one, especially as Kepler and Woods are both being rested, but am playing on a PAN just incase something out of the ordinary happens. At the moment though, things are going much as expected - they are batting:

End of Over 10: 63-0, runrate=6.30
Horsfield 5-0-31-0
Powell* 36 (34 balls)
Platt 26 (26 balls)

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
Vick's X1 v caves_beachcc (1396169)Date: 28/09/2007 Ground: Vick's X1 CG
Pitch: Green Weather:

Vick's X1 won the toss and elected to field.
Reporter's Summary
Vick's X1 caves_beachcc
Top Order: woeful feeble
Middle Order: feeble woeful
Lower Order: worthless worthless
Seam Bowling: feeble feeble
Spin Bowling: abysmal useless
Fielding: woeful abysmal

MOTM: Schofield

Vick's X1 won the toss and elected to field.
First Innings of: caves_beachcc (play as normal)
Extras (6b, 2lb, 3w, 4nb) 15
Total (50.0 overs, 7 wickets) 333

First Innings of: Vick's X1
Extras (9b, 7lb, 3w, 3nb) 22
Total (46.3 overs, 10 wickets) 267

good victory for my guys we have lost the last 2 against them so good confidence....

Dead Badger

State 12th Man
Nice one, bugssy. Always satisfying when you start to beat an old nemesis, isn't it?

On a PAN against the demotee into my OD league. Not really expecting an upset, but have managed to winkle out his best batsmen, and he's only got one recognised bat remaining. Oops, make that none, Pead just took one - this could be interesting, then. Still no great chance of an upset since I'll be facing a 55k BTR spinner on a dusty pitch, but at least it's competitive... :)

End of Over 16: 78-4, runrate=4.88
Pead 3-2-3-1
Cave* 0 (4 balls)
Hislop 4 (1 balls)

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
End of Over 18: 100-1, runrate=5.56
Hennessy 4-0-14-1
Platt* 40 (47 balls)
Raven 8 (14 balls)

Last Wicket: Powell c. Bartlett b. Hennessy 51 (FOW: 86/1)

Doing ok, the RR is coming down a bit. Got rid of their quality opening bat, still a remarkable in though, and the new batsman is strong I think. Highest primary I have in my squad is proficient, so it would be a major upset if I did anything here.

Edit: They've picked the same side as they did for their FC game which they won but not without a bit of a fight. I know that their best bowler had fresh PFL at best, so maybe that will come into play? Maybe I'm clutching at straws? Who knows...!

Last edited:

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
why am i so addicted, and its getting worse. i made a customer wait today lol while i checked my game to see how my side was going. isnt that terrible lol.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
End of Over 18: 100-1, runrate=5.56
Hennessy 4-0-14-1
Platt* 40 (47 balls)
Raven 8 (14 balls)

Last Wicket: Powell c. Bartlett b. Hennessy 51 (FOW: 86/1)

Doing ok, the RR is coming down a bit. Got rid of their quality opening bat, still a remarkable in though, and the new batsman is strong I think. Highest primary I have in my squad is proficient, so it would be a major upset if I did anything here.

Edit: They've picked the same side as they did for their FC game which they won but not without a bit of a fight. I know that their best bowler had fresh PFL at best, so maybe that will come into play? Maybe I'm clutching at straws? Who knows...!

mate we will be due for a few friendlies again this season if ya like. wouldnt it be good to have a fc friendly.....

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
can i ask a question, when a players fitness is at low, how long does it take to get that back up to an acceptable level guys, any help.

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
mate we will be due for a few friendlies again this season if ya like. wouldnt it be good to have a fc friendly.....
Yeah, definitely, send me a challenge once you're out of the cup, don't mind if it's at my place or yours.

I know what you mean about the addiction as well. I'm back at Uni after the summer on Monday. Now am I doing all the reading I should be doing like a good little student, or am I flicking between my game, other people's games and the sledging board? Hmmmm...

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Code:
Gene Nicholls - 25 yo, BT Rating=3,435
RH Batsman, RM Bowler, respectable batting form, worthless bowling form, sublime
A defensive player with respectable leadership skills and worthless experience.
Stamina: 	abysmal 	Wicket Keeping: 	abysmal
Batting: 	feeble 	Concentration: 	feeble
Bowling: 	respectable 	Consistency: 	woeful
Fielding: 	mediocre
Reasonably happy for 17k, provides a bit more backup to relieve PFL's etc.

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Pretty pleased with the way things are going now:

End of Over 37: 162-2, runrate=4.38
Liddle 9-1-39-0
Platt* 67 (96 balls)
Mckay 6 (6 balls)

Last Wicket: Raven b. Hennessy 34 (FOW: 155/2)

Hennessy (comp/fee spinner) is having a great day. He has figures of 8-0-27-2 on a green wicket and he's dismissed a quality batsman and a strong batsman. The last guy took 74 balls to make his 34 runs.

Last edited:

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Ranatunga's Runners 194 All Out (Willetts 4/44(8), Jeithoon 3/25(7.4), Matharu 2/42(10), Muralitharan 1/37(10)
Jaffna Jets 1/195(42.4) Lucas 91*(112), Quintin 69*(100), Ellis 32(45)

Ratings
Ranatunga's Runners: Superb/Mediocre, Superb/Competent
Jaffna Jets: Superb/Respectable, Superb/Strong

Very comfortable win in the end against probably the 2nd best side in the my new league. The big name players stepped up with Jeithoon taking care of their main batsmen. Then Lucas finishing it off with classy 50. First ever Strong spin rating as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.