• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [19/01/09] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
In tatters now, will have to use some proper batsmen.

End of Over 26 (3 runs). Asterix XI: 37-3, runrate=1.42
Soft 3-2-3-2
Boeta* 3 (7 balls)
Cuss 1 (3 balls)
Last Wicket: Sellars b. Soft 0 (FOW: 35/3)

trevor_vayro

U19 Vice-Captain
In a similar, but not quite as bad, situation to Jamee. Having been 204/3 at one stage, as predicted, I meekly succumbed for 230. Mohammed provided the glue with 77 from a marathon 190 deliveries, supported by Cash 60* and Akhtar 44.

In reply, Carlton snagged Prof Stot in the first over, caught behind by Cash, who in addition to batting No.5 and bowling No.4, also appears to be mistakenly keeping - I didn't think you could do that? Well apparently you can! And he's still Sub fitness, what a trooper.

However, after that things went a little pair-shaped, as Rem Heath 75*, and Prof Tomkins 66* added an unbroken 164, reaching stumps at 164/1. With any luck I could keep the lead to around 100 with a couple of fluky break-throughs, but more realistically, I'm looking at relying on them being too greedy, batting out most of tomorrow for 400+, and leaving me a day and a bit to bat out for the draw.

But much prefer the FC format, though I guess it's interest does depend on having a close, or at least a realistic scenario
Trev

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Close of Play:

Essex Eagles: 50/10 (27.4) Woods 4/34 (10), Marrison 3/4 (5.4)
The Heath CC: 225/5 (82) Gardiner 70* (199), Kepler 57 (130)

Good recovery, having been 4/2 and 31/3. Kepler and Gardiner dug in during the afternoon session, and then Gardiner carried on in the evening session with good support from Singh (40) and Talbot (20*). With a decent forecast for tomorrow, we'll hopefully bat on and manage to secure maximum bonus points before having another crack at their batsmen.

trevor_vayro

U19 Vice-Captain
Um Adam, not sure if you'll be able to help or not, but I've just gone to my orders page, to set all the batsmen to V.Def and change the second innings declaration target to 1000, (As I'm not around tomorrow). Anyway, *NOW* it's telling me that I can't select my WK as a bowler, despite the fact that A, seemingly it was perfectly happy to let me do so yesterday, B, he's already bowled five overs in the match, and C, it doesn't give me any way in which to change the WK, as all the combo boxes are locked whilst the game's on-going!

Do I just do nothing, and see what happens?

Confused....Trev

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, I don't know really. The same wicketkeeper bowling issue came up in testing as well, but Allan seemed to have fixed it at the time. Not really sure you can do anything, I think it's been raised as a bug already so unless it's fixed imminently you'll just have to either change your orders, and accept the fact that he won't be able to bowl, or not change your orders and see what happens.

trevor_vayro

U19 Vice-Captain
Hmm, Cheers Ad. I'll just have to not set any orders, and hope that I don't reach whatever my 2nd innings declaration target is by the end of tomorrow. Otherwise I could end up setting them around a hundred to win in a day, which would be rather embarrassing!

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Zebras Guatemala 341 (89.5)
C Cattermole 95, S **** 108, V Hitish 46

Sandy Snowmen 97-0 (20)

Going pretty well actually, it could be really close unless their 75,000 BTR opener keeps going as he is (69 from 70).

I suppose FC matches will become better once the leagues even out in the future. Before then we could see some very, very one-sided matches.

headhunter

International Vice-Captain
Oh good lord!!

BEST Indies 91-10 (50.2)
Taxico 350-0 (59.0)

Am in a really though league for me looks like i'l be concentrating on OD for this season.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
End of Over 34 (Maiden). Stumpies: 102-4, runrate=3.00
Trail by 350 runs. (caves_beachcc 452-3 dec)
Mulhern 7-2-8-3
Gamble* 15 (17 balls)
London 0 (0 balls)

Last Wicket: Horstead c & b. Mulhern 0 (FOW: 102/4)

day 2 for me!

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Currently having a very close match against a better team. I'm guessing that some of his better players might have some poor fitness. Got a lead of 50 runs with 10 2nd innings wickets remaining. Probably need at least 300 to win - don't think I'll bowl him out for 150 again on a flat pitch.

Johnners

End of Over 99 (Maiden). Verbatim Vampires: 267-10, runrate=2.70
Lead by 233 runs. (Opening Balance 34-10)
Meyer 15-8-20-3
Salmon* 0 (0 balls)

This game will be over in half an hour.

Perm

270-2 (40 overs)
O'Halloran 154*, Bittner 46, Michael 46, Lloyd 14*

Gun. O'Halloran brought up his century from just 74 balls and his 150 from 113 balls. So pleased.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Set them 350 to win, should bowl them out comfortably short of that.

In other news, damn you f00lins, buying the player I wanted. (though tbf he ended up about 500k out of my price range)

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
End of Over 54 (Maiden). Stumpies: 131-6, runrate=2.43
Trail by 321 runs. (caves_beachcc 452-3 dec)
Farmer 16-5-47-1
Felice* 0 (0 balls)
London 8 (61 balls)

Last Wicket: Wiese lbw b. Deacon 4 (FOW: 131/6)

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Set them 350 to win, should bowl them out comfortably short of that.

In other news, damn you f00lins, buying the player I wanted. (though tbf he ended up about 500k out of my price range)
Yeah he was a bit expensive, but his secondaries should mean he'll perform at least as well as Harewood and Richardson combined. They sold for 13m between them, so 8.5m isn't all that much for Ellis. Wage is a bit extravagant but I'll get over it.

Johnners

Batsmen putting up a fight this time around, thankfully

End of Over 20 (2 runs). Opening Balance: 59-2, runrate=2.95 (1st Inn: 34-10)
Trail by 174 runs. (Verbatim Vampires 267-10)
San 1-0-2-0
Stroud* 30 (58 balls)
Appleyard 7 (20 balls)

Last Wicket: Ludlow lbw b. Clark 18 (FOW: 29/2)

Status
Not open for further replies.