• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [19/01/09] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
PFL hits seem to be quite small, seen matches with batsmen batting through the whole day and only going down to energetic. Also seen bowlers still on sublime having bowled 20 overs.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Gotta love how it says sunny on the Durham weather thing, then my game starts and I'm put into bat and it's now partially cloudy and humid...

My skill trade Spencer managed 3 and near prof filler 0 as expected.

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Lost the toss and am bowling on a cracked wicket against a side that I should beat, but who should also prove to be relatively challenging. They've made a slow start, and just lost both openers in the 7th over.

End of Over 7 (4 runs). Essex Eagles: 10-2, runrate=1.43
Woods 4-1-9-2
Wali* 3 (1 balls)
Andre 1 (1 balls)

Last Wicket: Mears c. Grant b. Woods 1 (FOW: 7/2)

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing, they just declared. Hopefully we can last till the end of the day, could do with the extra 90k. I hate my back up players ****ing useless pieces of crap.

Code:
The players are off the field for the change of innings.

End of Over 69 (11 runs). Bideford CC: 478-1, runrate=6.93  
Lead by 438 runs. (Jaffna Jets 40-10) 
Priyantha 9-0-85-0 
Kelaart* 138 (127 balls) 
Bennett 233 (211 balls)

Last Wicket: Priyantha lbw b. Matharu 89 (FOW: 178/1)

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
My superb/fee captain doing the business here - Woods was supposed to be taken off over 8 overs, but with figures of 8-1-26-2, Gardiner keeps him on for another over and he promptly takes another two wickets.

End of Over 17 (7 runs). Essex Eagles: 40-5, runrate=2.35
Woods 9-1-33-4
Seargeant* 1 (1 balls)
Aldred 0 (0 balls)

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Does anyone know if any Indian FC games have started, because mine says

01/01/1970, and it hasnt started
I got this for you:

Code:
Sad Decadent XI v Mighty Engines (1733225)
[B]And that's it for the days play. Join us again tomorrow for more ball by ball coverage[/B].
Probably should check in half an hour and you might get a scorecard and change tactics.

Scaly piscine

Well I got bowled out for 60 by a team with no outstanding bowlers. What a crock of ****. Another masterful BT-shafting on its way.

Time to stop giving a **** about this game I think.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
All of my players that played today have sublime PFL, is it like that for everybody else?
Seems to be the case, but if its anything like Twenty20 the big factor will be playing the long term impact of playing day after day with only a couple days off.

Just had a look at fixtures in the other games in my league. The team I predicted to come 5th is beating the side I predicted to come 2nd. Worst result for me as i was hoping the Top 3 would walk our league and i'll just have to beat the rest. Might have to change my tactics a little bit depending on PFLs.

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
12 wickets have fallen in the morning session, I'm struggling on 12/2 from 7 overs with both openers out for ducks. Expecting to see bold, red writing everytime my screen refreshes. Kepler and Thorpe held out till lunch though, need them both to score decent runs if I'm going to get anywhere close to bonus batting points.

Scaly piscine

So it seems FC has similar PFL effects as Twenty20... makes sense...

Still getting BT-shafted obviously:

End of Over 11 (1 runs). Phils hotspurs: 33-2, runrate=3.00
Trail by 27 runs. (Scaly Piscine CC 60-10)
Summers 6-2-10-1
Dunn* 29 (34 balls)
Feasey 0 (7 balls)

Last Wicket: Pennant b. Summers 3 (FOW: 21/2)

Seeing their ratings in the BT20 final I should be winning this game, or if not at least bowled out for a bloody plausible total.

Status
Not open for further replies.