Page 574 of 585 FirstFirst ... 74474524564572573574575576584 ... LastLast
Results 8,596 to 8,610 of 8770

Thread: Archived [19/01/09] Battrick

State 12th Man
    Pead wouldn't be quite as pricy (he's lowish exceptional), and has the benefit *cough* of being a filthy Ozzler already:

Sam Pead - 23 yo, BT Rating=53,845
    RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, superb batting form, competent bowling form, invigorated fitness.
    A defensive player with abysmal leadership skills and strong experience.
    Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: worthless
    Batting: worthless Concentration: worthless
    Bowling: exceptional Consistency: wonderful
    Fielding: worthless

Another medium pacer though. I've also got Piercy, a defensive exq/qual spinner, but he's only 20yo so would probably be a bit costlier due to trainability. The rest of my bowlers are just crap.

International Coach HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    Had another win in Div III yesterday. Up to 3rd, and only 4 points behind the leader. I have to say, my success is a bit of a surprise. The trouble is, I'm still in the cup and my fitness levels are starting to suffer quite badly.

Plus, I'm playing Trevor's Cymru Gurgitators next week. He's running 5th, but not far behind.
    >>>>>>WHHOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHH>>>>>>
    Fascist Dictator of the Heath Davis Appreciation Society
    Supporting Petone's Finest since the very start - Iain O'Brien
    Adam Wheater - Another batsman off the Essex production line
    Also Supporting the All Time #1 Batsman of All Time Ever - Jacques Kallis and the much maligned Peter Siddle.

Vimes tells it how it is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Heath worryingly quick.

Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    The trouble is, I'm still in the cup and my fitness levels are starting to suffer quite badly.
    Mine too -- I reckon you need seven pure bowlers with Strong+ stamina to compete on all three fronts.

I've got one Strong, plus three at Prof, a Competent and an all-rounder at Superb. Two 8k BTR backups complete the set.

It's just not enough!

International Coach HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    Yes. My support bowlers are fairing okay, but my main strike bowler (who also happens to be one of my better bats) is down to Fresh fitness already (despite his Superb stamina). I should have probably rested him in the cup two weeks ago, possibly even last week. This week's cup match is a pretty even contest, so if I want to win, I can't afford to rest him.

Tough.

Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    Barely set any orders myself these days. Not sure if I will still have any motivation for this game once Jeithoon plays a the WC. Last real goal for the club will be have an all Sri Lankan XI. Once Sama plays and Willetts gets a passport approved only one position left to fill.

Though tbh I'm not that far off pushing for promotion in D1. Once Sama comes through to even just remarkable bowling attack will be probably good enough. Batting a long way behind though. The fact that I'm close say more about the fact that so many sides at the top are losing interest as well.

Though I am still pretty keen to try and manage the NT side. Problem with SL is that you basically need to be D1 manager to even get a look in.
    The man, the mountain, the Mathews. The greatest all rounder since Keith Miller. (Y)

Jaffna Jets CC (Battrick & FTP)

RIP WCC and CW Cricket

Member of the MSC, JMAS and CVAAS

Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    Have got three mates into BT, really helped me keep interest.

That and buying back Read.
    Jesus saves

proudly supporting Liverpool FC

Hall of Fame Member NZTailender's Avatar
    I wouldn't say I'm entirely bored of BT, just not much going on at the moment. Have enough of an interest though to keep going though, not like it's taking heaps of time out of my life.
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    The NZTailender Supporting XI:
    H Rutherford, T Latham, N Broom, M Bracewell, D Brownlie, BJ Watling, D de Boorder+, M Henry, B Wheeler, H Bennett, A Milne
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

International Vice-Captain headhunter's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Got a mate into BT and we have a 5 match series at the end of each season. Enough to keep me interested.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matteh View Post
    I'm still bitter about BBC2 showing the signing of the Good Friday Agreement instead of the Simpsons.
    Manager XpertEleven side: BEST Indies FC: Won Champions Cup 1 season 5
    Premiership Last Man Standing: headhunter 26/10-26/11/07 Agent TBY & headhunter (tied) 08/08-25/08/08
    CW Blue - We are the Blues, we never lose.

Massive changes for next season coming in, great stuff, Moving training to Saturday is a massive improvement.
    The one, the only CW Black
    Code:
    47.3 W Coppinger to Heads 
        Smacked the ball straight into the groin of Iwuajoku who has fallen over, 
        miraculously with the ball still caught in his scrotal area! Out!

Looking forward to the BT20 league. Trainings on Saturday might be good for FC and OD. But it going to kill the Cup comp. Your going to see a fair few sides throw Cup games as their PFL will be too low to play if guys are getting trained.

Disappointed to see no real attentioned placed on any changes to International game though.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    End of Over 21: 100-4, runrate=4.76, reqrunrate=5.69 (264-10)
    Erasmus 1-0-4-1
    Jackson* 52 (52 balls)
    Govender 0 (0 balls)
    Last Wicket: Briggs b. Erasmus 5 (FOW: 100/4)

Cup game, would be an easy win, but Michael Jackson is gunning it. Might turn out to be a bit of a thriller.
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

Quote Originally Posted by chaminda_00 View Post
    Disappointed to see no real attentioned placed on any changes to International game though.
    Like what?

"Like the international matches or we'll ban you"

Hall of Fame Member NZTailender's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by andyc View Post
    End of Over 21: 100-4, runrate=4.76, reqrunrate=5.69 (264-10)
    Erasmus 1-0-4-1
    Jackson* 52 (52 balls)
    Govender 0 (0 balls)
    Last Wicket: Briggs b. Erasmus 5 (FOW: 100/4)

Cup game, would be an easy win, but Michael Jackson is gunning it. Might turn out to be a bit of a thriller.
    That was bad.

Quote Originally Posted by dontcloseyoureyes View Post
    Like what?

"Like the international matches or we'll ban you"
    Something like separating the PFL hits between International matches and Club matches would be a start. Also making it a bit more realistic to afford to have NT players without being a farm side also help. A new ratings system would also help and not to mention morale for NT sides. Heven forbid they ever play Tests.

I can understand the major issue with lots of players leaving the game is due to the game getting boring and the changes made might help improve the interest factor. The changes to FC and BT20 have the potential to add something extra to the game. It might actually be possible to compete on a couple fronts at full strength, with these changes.

The game loses lots of managers due to a side going bankrupt trying to keep NT players or lose interest as the only way to have NT players is basically have a one man side that only plays in half your matches.

No doubt the borden factor and how poorly organised FC and BT20 were implemented were the major issues that needed to be resolved. But it would have been nice if they looked at ways to keep the International game improving.

You can't loosen the weight of high wages by higher subsidies, all that will do is make the better sides even better as someone like Pob picks up two massive wage NT players and can afford them easily, increasing the gap from Div 1 - Div 3 in the bigger countries.

The PFL thing is probably a good idea, but I think it would only really have an effect on u-19's, we'd probably see some hectic u-19 performers if that was brought in (and it should be IMO).

I personally think there should be another teir of representatives beneath the NATs for State and Provincial matches. They're there for a reason and should be implemented. Squads made up of players not in the NATs, creates more interest as there are more players playing reps and having a chance. Maybe these players would get a 50% subsidy or something of the sort, maybe only 25%. Would certainly add to the rep scene and would get many more people involved, with an obvious knock-on to the NATs.

Thread Information