Cricket Player Manager
Page 551 of 585 FirstFirst ... 51451501541549550551552553561 ... LastLast
Results 8,251 to 8,265 of 8770

Thread: Archived [19/01/09] Battrick

  1. #8251
    BARNES OUT dontcloseyoureyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    WILDCARD, BITCHES
    Posts
    28,508
    Nah you'll be right.

    Pretty devo with my Playoff really, though I really don't deserve to be in Div.II Australia I could've been there with abit of luck. Had them 5/38 and they ended up making 236. One wicket at that stage and I was into the second tier.
    The one, the only CW Black
    Code:
    47.3 W Coppinger to Heads 
        Smacked the ball straight into the groin of Iwuajoku who has fallen over, 
        miraculously with the ball still caught in his scrotal area! Out!

  2. #8252
    State 12th Man
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    776
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahindinho View Post
    ONE RUN? OUCH!
    Tell me about it; if Battrick batsmen knew not to take singles off the first ball when the tail is in, I'd be in Div III right now. To be fair I seriously rode my luck at the start of the season, so I can't complain too much.

    Balls, there goes Janes. I was sailing along nicely, but that's going to seriously limit my score; Boardley's not going to last long against these star destroyers bowlers.

    End of Over 34: 158-3, runrate=4.65
    Boyce 7-0-28-2
    Platt* 38 (52 balls)
    Boardley 0 (2 balls)
    Last Wicket: Janes b. Boyce 36 (FOW: 158/3)

    Preview: Yep, he's already gone, along with my chances.

  3. #8253
    State 12th Man
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    776
    Quote Originally Posted by dontcloseyoureyes View Post
    Had them 5/38 and they ended up making 236.
    Gutting. Who says the tail never wags in Battrick, eh?

    Withington recovering decently, by the looks of things...

    Edit: Oops. Sorry Mahindinho. I knew I should've kept shtum.
    Last edited by Dead Badger; 26-09-2008 at 06:49 AM.

  4. #8254
    State Vice-Captain Mahindinho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    1,230
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Badger View Post
    Gutting. Who says the tail never wags in Battrick, eh?

    Withington recovering decently, by the looks of things...

    Edit: Oops. Sorry Mahindinho. I knew I should've kept shtum.
    DAMN YOU!

    186/5. I literally just thought "ha, that's almost the 50 partnership -- had two of those already, so it's time for the next wicket..."

    Four balls later, the partnership hits 50. The very next ball, Buckley gets out LBW.

    188/6, and it's just Mulryne and the tail. 37 overs, so I'd expect them to be all out by the 43rd. 200, probably. I can't remember for sure (I did my research and set orders three days ago), but I'm up against a side with better bowling than batting...so all hope is certainly not lost.


  5. #8255
    State 12th Man
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    776
    Now it's Platt's turn to take singles off the first or second ball, every single time. I know it's the same for everyone, but it's incredibly frustrating to watch.Yep, there goes another one as Platt forces the tailender to face five balls from a remarkable bowler.

    *sigh*

    I'd back you to defend anything over 200 tbh, and you're already there. Have faith!

  6. #8256
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Samuel_Vimes's Avatar
    Defend Your Castle Champion! Monkey Diving Champion!
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Bonn, BRD
    Posts
    23,013
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Badger View Post
    Gutting. Who says the tail never wags in Battrick, eh?
    Always wags when you don't bowl a team out before the 40th over.
    Messi scores on the rebound.

    Founder of ESAS - Edgar Schiferli, the best associate bowler
    A follower of the schools of Machiavelli, Bentham, Locke, Hobbes, Sutcliffe, Bradman, Lindwall, Miller, Hassett and Benaud
    Member of JMAS, DMAS, FRAS and RTDAS

    Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Grünbaum
    Is the conduct approved by the gods right ("pious"), because of properties of its own, or merely because it pleases the gods to value or command it?

  7. #8257
    State 12th Man
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    776
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Always wags when you don't bowl a team out before the 40th over.
    Aye. The difference is stunning, isn't it? It's like they're lobotomised during the drinks break.

  8. #8258
    State Vice-Captain Mahindinho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    1,230
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Always wags when you don't bowl a team out before the 40th over.
    Not for me -- I usually find that, as long as there's an end open at the start of that 40th over, my bowlers will take them out pretty damn quickly.

    My problem is that the opposition's usually won by that time

    223ao in the end, thanks to a heroic 62* from 91 from Mulryne -- surprised to see that I made it to the 48th over. I'll back my lot to defend that, but you never know.

  9. #8259
    State 12th Man
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    776
    Oleary's done something quite special (verging on unbelievable):

    End of Over 13: 45-6, runrate=3.46, reqrunrate=4.03 (193-10)
    Oleary 7-2-26-5
    Juries* 1 (9 balls)
    Moody 9 (20 balls)
    Last Wicket: Gray b. Oleary 1 (FOW: 41/6)

    All this talk of the tail wagging means I'm still nervous, though. My total's low enough to be hit before the death overs, and he's got one solid batsman left.

  10. #8260
    State Vice-Captain Mahindinho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    1,230
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Badger View Post
    Oleary's done something quite special (verging on unbelievable):

    End of Over 13: 45-6, runrate=3.46, reqrunrate=4.03 (193-10)
    Oleary 7-2-26-5
    Juries* 1 (9 balls)
    Moody 9 (20 balls)
    Last Wicket: Gray b. Oleary 1 (FOW: 41/6)

    All this talk of the tail wagging means I'm still nervous, though. My total's low enough to be hit before the death overs, and he's got one solid batsman left.
    Awesome! Stop talking -- that game's in the bag.

    My opponents had reached 46/0 after 10 overs. 59/1 after 12, but they're well in excess of the RRR. I need some wickets!

  11. #8261
    State 12th Man
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    776
    Bugger me sideways, I'm in Div III.

    And that's the end of the match. Beard XI won by 130 runs.
    Beard XI 193-10
    Moss Side CC 63-10

    Oleary destroys the top order, and Gill cleans up the tail for a famous victory. What a season this has been; promoted to III in OD, IV in FC and reaching the final of the CW cup. Madness.

  12. #8262
    State Vice-Captain Mahindinho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    1,230
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Badger View Post
    Bugger me sideways, I'm in Div III.

    And that's the end of the match. Beard XI won by 130 runs.
    Beard XI 193-10
    Moss Side CC 63-10

    Oleary destroys the top order, and Gill cleans up the tail for a famous victory. What a season this has been; promoted to III in OD, IV in FC and reaching the final of the CW cup. Madness.
    Congratulations!

    My opponents are 151/2 after 33 overs -- RR 4.58, RRR 4.29. This is seriously not good. Could be slipping down to OD IV, having been in II last season.

  13. #8263
    State 12th Man
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    776
    Brooker doing a sterling job of cutting back the run-rate, but yeah, you need a wicket badly. Very finely balanced though; if either of these two go it's right back open...

  14. #8264
    State Vice-Captain Mahindinho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    1,230
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Badger View Post
    Brooker doing a sterling job of cutting back the run-rate, but yeah, you need a wicket badly. Very finely balanced though; if either of these two go it's right back open...
    ...and then his penultimate over goes for 13. Ouch.

    177/2 with 11 overs left. Only 46 runs required. I'm buggered.

  15. #8265
    State 12th Man
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    776
    Yeah, I really should just shut up, shouldn't I? Not looking like your day, is it.



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Battrick
    By James in forum Battrick
    Replies: 2450
    Last Post: 18-12-2012, 04:55 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •