• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [19/01/09] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Speaking of which:

3. Fitz Watkins - 24 yo, BT Rating=220,596
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, invigorated
A defensive player with woeful leadership skills and respectable experience.
Stamina: strong Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: exquisite Concentration: phenomenal
Bowling: wonderful Consistency: miraculous
Fielding: strong

4. Tim Whitehorne - 24 yo, BT Rating=157,534
LH Batsman, LH Spin Bowler, respectable batting form, competent bowling form, energetic
A steady player with strong leadership skills and superb experience.
Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: quality Concentration: sensational
Bowling: masterful Consistency: phenomenal
Fielding: respectable

Frees up another net, better get some new trainees by next week or I'll be wasting about six nets.

Edit: another pop I hadn't noticed, gave Cuss a batting net due to said nets situation.

1. Sol Cuss - 26 yo, BT Rating=36,390
LH Batsman, LFM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
A cautious player with worthless leadership skills and strong experience.
Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: wonderful Concentration: superb
Bowling: feeble Consistency: respectable
Fielding: woeful

Last edited:

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
That is all it is. I was innocently asking about a player for a friend and was jumped on. How it was interpereted I cannot be held accountable for, I could have worded it better, but i'm not the sort of person who says/types things thinking of how others may view it. I didn't realise people were so in to it - to me it is just a game and if I don't play, I don't play, but will always stand up for myself, even against a few people who think it right to gang up on a newbie without the full facts (I don't include you here, you've made me feel welcome)

As long as I get my membership refunded and any friend who I know in Battrick who wants to leave, gets a similar refund of their's, it really doesn't matter. I got into this through other boards and have many friends playing. I've told a few of my problems here and I was told to say many things a lady shouldn't, but I won't because I don't want too.

As I say, as long as I get my membership refund, as well as the others who will leave if I go (I got most of them into it!) then that's fine (Most have memberships). FC means it's going to be almost impossible to play every day anyway. I'd sooner play and log in when possible, but it really doesn't run my world or that of my friends - some log in once a week/10 days, some most days.

There is no other issue.
If there's no other issue I'm not sure how you're going to get a refund, as this forum isn't affiliated with Battrick. The BT refund policy indicates that you can only get a refund if you ask for one within three days anyway (don't know how recently you purchased yours).

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
I didn't realise people were so in to it - to me it is just a game and if I don't play, I don't play, but will always stand up for myself, even against a few people who think it right to gang up on a newbie without the full facts
That's fair enough. There are plenty of people who play BT pretty casually...but you won't find them on _this_ messageboard!

As long as I get my membership refunded and any friend who I know in Battrick who wants to leave, gets a similar refund of their's, it really doesn't matter. I got into this through other boards and have many friends playing. I've told a few of my problems here and I was told to say many things a lady shouldn't, but I won't because I don't want too.
I really do think this is a storm in a teacup -- sure, there's been a slur on your character, but that's nothing that couldn't have been avoided with alternative phrasing on your part, and less of a knee-jerk reaction from some people around here. Put it down as a one-off and a misunderstanding.

I can't log into BT at work, and have only limited web access at home -- I may end up not bothering much about FC and concentrating on OD. If you can't log in much, I suggest you do the same.

As far as the membership refund goes, well, this board is nothing to do with Battrick itself -- it's not sanctioned by the Battrick powers that be, and it's not supported by them. As such, I seriously doubt you'd get a refund based on an unsatisfactory experience on here.

I don't know the BT refund policy, to be honest. If you're meant to get a pro-rata refund upon leaving the game, fair enough. If not, I doubt you'll get anywhere unless you had a genuine grudge within the game, as opposed to on an unaffiliated site like this one.

What I'm really saying is, don't let this taint your experience of what is growing into a pretty fine game (Scaly's recent BT20 experiences notwithstanding). This board is nothing to do with those people who run Battrick, and very little do with the vast majority of the BT community.

Hope you have a better season, next season!
Thanks! So do I 8-)

panesarpower

Cricket Spectator
That's fair enough. There are plenty of people who play BT pretty casually...but you won't find them on _this_ messageboard!

I really do think this is a storm in a teacup -- sure, there's been a slur on your character, but that's nothing that couldn't have been avoided with alternative phrasing on your part, and less of a knee-jerk reaction from some people around here. Put it down as a one-off and a misunderstanding.

I can't log into BT at work, and have only limited web access at home -- I may end up not bothering much about FC and concentrating on OD. If you can't log in much, I suggest you do the same.

As far as the membership refund goes, well, this board is nothing to do with Battrick itself -- it's not sanctioned by the Battrick powers that be, and it's not supported by them. As such, I seriously doubt you'd get a refund based on an unsatisfactory experience on here.

I don't know the BT refund policy, to be honest. If you're meant to get a pro-rata refund upon leaving the game, fair enough. If not, I doubt you'll get anywhere unless you had a genuine grudge within the game, as opposed to on an unaffiliated site like this one.

What I'm really saying is, don't let this taint your experience of what is growing into a pretty fine game (Scaly's recent BT20 experiences notwithstanding). This board is nothing to do with those people who run Battrick, and very little do with the vast majority of the BT community.

Thanks! So do I 8-)
I didn't realise people were that into it. I am well out of my depth, I don't want to dedicate my life to it, as when it's gone, I still want to have other things left in my life! Like my partner and kids! :laugh:

I'm not sure some will see it as a mis-understanding. One or two seem rather negative about alot of things - it's a messageboard, you'll always get these sorts of characters, as you do in life. I won't change my ways though, although if I ever return here, i'll remember this experience. To be honest though, once I had posted, it wouldn't have mattered what I had said, someone would have twisted to whatever fit their needs at the time.

Well, i'll give FC and OD a go, but if I can't log in, such is life. Like I say, I have a life away from battrick and it's meant for a bit of fun only. I've missed games/orders in the past and I will again. Some of my friends forgot and remembered about 3 weeks later. We all do what we can. I noticed one person from here has been logged in for 6 hours - 6 hours!!!

With membership refunds, I was reading up on them, and if your team is locked, you get a refund. I'm not locked, but if I am, will get that refund as well as some pals. Not worried about a few £, but in this life you grab all you can. I don't expect to be locked, I did inform battrick at the very beginning of knowing others in the game and got a reply from 2 people (Joe and Matt COM -Earl CG) appreciating me telling them and making a note of it all.

I agree battrick is turning into a decent game. I'll never take it as seriously as some, but it's a nice thing to do for a few minutes a day and as today is a day off, i'm trying to work out what to do in FC!

I have no idea about Scaly's 20/20 Experiences, so that's gone over my head :)

No need to reply to this as I won't pick it up, thanks for all the advice etc and best of luck with your team

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
This is all a bit bizzare tbh. PP (is it allright to call you that, it's quicker than writing the whole thing out), I don't think anyone meant to be ***ist by calling you "he", it was just a geniune misunderstanding. I don't think that people were trying to find faults in you, it was just read in a way by them that was different to how you intended it. I hope that you'll be able to take part in our community in the future.

Rest of us, PP's not had the greatest of welcomes (not intentionally, but it sort of tumbled out of control) so can we just draw a line under this issue, and get back to talking about how underprepared we are for FC tomorrow :p

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Heh. Jamee, I think she's gone, never to return. Pity -- seems that she's led quite a group of people over to BT, which is always good.

PY

International Coach
Desperately need advice on how much I should sell this guy for?

I put him on the list at 4m but forgot that I had him on a net which popped him in bowling and cons but this obviously doesn't show on the TL so people may not bid for him when they normally would. Got the funds to purchase him back if 4m isn't enough.

Hamid Craddock - 21 yo, BT Rating=22,088
RH Batsman, RM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, energetic
An attacking player with worthless leadership skills and woeful experience.
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: woeful
Bowling: quality Consistency: superb
Fielding: woeful

trevor_vayro

U19 Vice-Captain
Gone for a half-way house with my FC team. Haven't rested as many as I'd have liked, but have managed to leave out my best three batsmen, including my WK, and my best two bowlers.

1.*. Patel, Strong/Resp Bat (Sup/Comp Lead) (V.def)
2. Mohammed. Strong/Feeb Bat (V.Def)
3.B3) Jeffery. Strong/Prof Bat (Norm), Strong/Strong LHS (Norm)
4. Akhtar. Strong/Comp Bat (Norm)
5.B4. Cash. Resp/Sup Bat (V.Def), Strong/Prof LHS (Def)
6. Staton. Resp/Woe Bat (V.Def)
7. Wynne-Willson. Comp/Abs Bat (V.def)
8.B2. Edworthy Woe/Med Bat (V.Def), Resp/Med RFM (V.Def)
9.+. Harrad, Med WK
10.B1. Carlton. Sup/Resp LFM, (V.att)
11.B5. Bent. Resp/Feeb RFM (V.Def)

DCL: 320
Follow-on: Yes

Their normal ratings are Strong/Med/Abs - Prof/Resp/Feeb, which would more than likely beat the side I've got out. But presumably they're having to adapt to fighting on three fronts too, so it remains to be seen how much strength in depth they possess.

Two Skill pops, an experience pop, and a BTR landmark:

Matthew Akhtar (1282894)
LH Batsman, LH Spin Bowler, strong batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
A destructive player with worthless leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Plays For: Cymru Gurgitaters
Nationality: England
Battrick Rating: 9,036 (+331)
Wages: £2,046 p/w
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: strong Concentration: *competent*
Bowling: worthless Consistency: worthless
Fielding: abysmal

Gene Bewers (326242)
LH Batsman, LM Bowler, competent batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
A cautious player with strong leadership skills and feeble experience.
Nationality: Australia
Dual Nationality: England
Battrick Rating: 32,527 (-849)
Wages: £12,703 p/w
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: feeble Concentration: feeble
Bowling: remarkable Consistency: *quality*
Fielding: mediocre

Neale Patel (314162)
RH Batsman, RM Bowler, strong batting form, respectable bowling form, sublime
A steady player with superb leadership skills and *competent* experience.
Nationality: Australia
Dual Nationality: England
Battrick Rating: 13,484 (-328)
Wages: £2,183 p/w
Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: woeful
Batting: strong Concentration: respectable
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: mediocre
Fielding: competent

Joe Noon (444923)
RH Batsman, RM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
A steady player with respectable leadership skills and mediocre experience.
Nationality: England
Battrick Rating: *62,140* (+2506)
Wages: £13,509 p/w
Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: quality
Batting: superb Concentration: exceptional
Bowling: worthless Consistency: respectable
Fielding: worthless

Made it comfortably through the first Cup round, with more or less a second string side. Next up is a Feeb all-round side, which will mean I'll have to play one or two of the better players, but should still be able to rest the stars.

How's everyone else playing FC? Later, Trev

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
How's everyone else playing FC?
I originally thought I'd focus all my energies on my OD league, as I don't want to go back down to Div VI again, and just use this season simply for experimenting with FC. Have realised though that there are going to be lots of weeks this season where I don't stand a chance in the OD game, and so I will be giving my stars the chance to play FC some weeks and OD at other times. Hopefully I will be able to survive in my OD league but it might be a bit touch and go - there are no walkovers in my league at all.

This week, I'm up against another side that has promoted from Div VI in my OD game, but they've been playing for much longer than I have and are a lot stronger, so I'm gonna TIE in that game and aim to win my FC game, hopefully giving my morale an early-season boost. All 3 of my main stars are going to play tomorrow I think. Looking forward to it now...

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
my fc career just took off

my players are still in one day mode

End of Over 5 (2 runs). caves_beachcc: 31-0, runrate=6.20
Julian 1-0-2-0
Skipper* 22 (18 balls)
Schofield 7 (13 balls)

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
The bowling orders thing in FC kind of sucks. My best bowler is a spinner, but I can't make him "1st priority" so he bowls the most overs without also having him open the bowling. No idea if that actually makes any difference in BT, but it doesn't seem right.

Hasn't hurt though, the team I'm playing are 4/10 after 9 overs.

edit: The team I'm playing seem pretty good, too. They're in div 4 this season, just got demoted from div 3, and yet they're getting hammered by me. Second stringers, I guess.

Last edited:

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
End of Over 10 (3 runs). caves_beachcc: 58-0, runrate=5.80
Cunningham 5-0-22-0
Schofield* 20 (27 balls)
Skipper 31 (35 balls)

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Actually, after closer inspection, they aren't playing a second string team. Most of the batsmen that are out so far have a higher BT rating than anyone in my team, and they are currently 5/10. Seriously weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.