• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [19/01/09] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Singh (resp/resp/prof) sold for 1.5mil. Am £900,000 ahead, but without half a team.

Regardless, can keep playing BT. :)

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
1.5m is an absurd price though, you should be able to buy better or equivalent replacements even with 900k.

PY

International Coach
There's an exceptional-wonderful bowler going for 4.6m at the moment with bidding ending in just over an hour. :huh:

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
ffs another YP dud, full ITS

Bill Boffy (1564506)

RH Batsman, RM Bowler, respectable batting form, respectable bowling form, fresh
A cautious player with feeble leadership skills and abysmal experience.

Plays For: Opening Balance
Nationality: Australia
Battrick Rating: 2,182
Wages: £358 p/w
Stamina: feeble Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: worthless
Bowling: mediocre Consistency: mediocre
Fielding: woeful

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Dud YP.

Code:
Jimmy Halliday (1564606)

LH Batsman, LF Bowler, respectable batting form, respectable bowling form, fresh
A steady player with woeful leadership skills and abysmal experience.

Plays For: 	Central Districts
Nationality: 	Australia
Battrick Rating: 	3,409
Wages: 	£412 p/w
Stamina: 	mediocre 	Wicket Keeping: 	worthless
Batting: 	worthless 	Concentration: 	worthless
Bowling: 	mediocre 	Consistency: 	competent
Fielding: 	worthless
Will play some FC.

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Bought this guy last night for £75,000:

Danny Turner - 17 yo, BT Rating=7,054
RH Batsman, RF Bowler, respectable batting form, respectable bowling form, lively
A cautious player with mediocre leadership skills and worthless experience.

Stamina: woeful Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: worthless
Bowling: mediocre Consistency: respectable
Fielding: respectable

With three nets spare, I'm planning to put him on 2 bowling and 1 stam - does that sound right? Might have paid slightly over the odds for him but I need an out-and-out fast bowler in my team for variety, and his high consistency and fielding means that I can double net his bowling, rather than give him 1 bowling, 1 fielding.

If I go with 1 stam, 2 bowling, am I right in thinking that he'll be around resp/prof with comp stamina by the end of the season?

Last edited:

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Maybe. Dunno why people really care about wages that much, even if you end up with absurd wages the worst case scenario is that you sell your high wage players to someone stupider (see Bulldogs CC).

EARLOBE

State 12th Man
These are all listed for $500k if anybody is interested.

Rodney Beaumont (1112424)

RH Batsman, RM Bowler, superb batting form, strong bowling form, energetic
An attacking player with woeful leadership skills and woeful experience.

Plays For: Male Models
Nationality: England
Battrick Rating: 12,186
Wages: £1,495 p/w
Stamina: feeble Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: proficient Concentration: strong
Bowling: worthless Consistency: worthless
Fielding: mediocre

Nivrutti Abdul kadir (1085879)

RH Batsman, RM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, invigorated
An attacking player with proficient leadership skills and woeful experience.

Nationality: India
Battrick Rating: 9,117
Wages: £1,269 p/w
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: proficient Concentration: respectable
Bowling: worthless Consistency: abysmal
Fielding: feeble

Mark Dhanda (1311636)

RH Batsman, LFM Bowler, feeble batting form, superb bowling form, lively
A destructive player with worthless leadership skills and worthless experience.

Nationality: England
Battrick Rating: 7,829
Wages: £1,027 p/w
Stamina: feeble Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: respectable Concentration: proficient
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: worthless
Fielding: woeful

Scaly piscine

Just knew it, Armstrong out now. Why even bother having a top order when Battrick makes sure it's all gone in no time against bowlers that aren't helped by conditions?

Johnners

Yes, i know about the Luddites, but you're clearly missing the point. If I had something to say everytime you had a whinge in a post I'd have triple the post count I do now.

Scaly piscine

Yes, i know about the Luddites, but you're clearly missing the point. If I had something to say everytime you had a whinge in a post I'd have triple the post count I do now.
Whingeing about Twenty20 in a Twenty20 World Championships thread isn't relevant because there are already designated threads for whingeing about it, it's like if someone joined CW just to say how crap cricket was it'd be somewhat idiotic. My whingeing is clearly different to that.

Anyways:

End of Over 20: 185-5, runrate=9.25
Spring 4-0-38-2
Lanewalla* 1 (1 balls)
Packer 51 (38 balls)

Last Wicket: Spencer c. Akram b. Spring 0 (FOW: 178/5)

Preece scoring 114 off 66 was obviously the star performer - he was part of another double wicket in the last over. Didn't do much damage when the better bowlers came back at the end unfortunately. I hope I can defend that but I probably won't.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Haha, Scaly will be livid.

Ladbroke Rovers require 21 runs from 5 deliveries to win:

19.2 6 Summers to Hildred
Takes on the hook and it sails high, high over the head of a backward square leg for six.
19.3 2 Summers to Hildred
Intelligent cricket. Just a chip over mid wicket and the batsmen can gather a couple of runs comfortably.
19.4 6 Summers to Hildred
Summers bowls a half-tracker, and appropriately Hildred dispatches it into outer space, anything less would've been an insult to the quality of the delivery.
19.5 4 Summers to Hildred
A bouncer from Summers, but Hildred is onto it smartly, and pulls it away for four of the best.
19.6 6 Summers to Hildred
Even if you couldn't read lips, you were left with no doubt that Summers wasn't happy that Hildred advanced down the pitch and middled it straight back over Summers's head for six!

Scaly piscine

Haha, Scaly will be livid.

Ladbroke Rovers require 21 runs from 5 deliveries to win:

19.2 6 Summers to Hildred
Takes on the hook and it sails high, high over the head of a backward square leg for six.
19.3 2 Summers to Hildred
Intelligent cricket. Just a chip over mid wicket and the batsmen can gather a couple of runs comfortably.
19.4 6 Summers to Hildred
Summers bowls a half-tracker, and appropriately Hildred dispatches it into outer space, anything less would've been an insult to the quality of the delivery.
19.5 4 Summers to Hildred
A bouncer from Summers, but Hildred is onto it smartly, and pulls it away for four of the best.
19.6 6 Summers to Hildred
Even if you couldn't read lips, you were left with no doubt that Summers wasn't happy that Hildred advanced down the pitch and middled it straight back over Summers's head for six!

Yep, it's a ****ing joke. Allan will be getting **** all from me after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.