• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [19/01/09] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Seneviratne's not getting nets anymore, Swart's getting 1 bowl 1 field. I'd prefer to train for the skills gain of my side as opposed to training for profit (though you can argue training for profit does improve the skills of your side).

I might just sit on it for a season and upgrade Swart at the end of the season (he should be about the exact same as Seneviratne now by then)

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I wouldn't bother with the fielding net, I'd give both of them just the one bowling net (although they both need more stamina). The fielding net will add little value, fielding is barely valued on the transfer market in players like yours and the extra level of consistency will only add a few peanuts to the price you'll get. They'd both pop in bowling inside a season, Seneviratne taking around 16-17 weeks if you're starting from bottom of the level. An extra level of bowling primary will get you over a million extra if you sell.

Oh and I just bowled out my BT20 opposition out for 46. Their batting looks a bit different but they still had their 25k wage guys at 2 & 3 - they got wonderful/respectable batting last game.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I guess if I'm going to sell Swart at the end of the season I may as well use his other net to take Seneviratne up to Wonderful. I know they both need stamina, everyone needs stamina in my side actually. None above comp, none below med. I've got an easy FC league anyway so not many of them will play.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Anyone know the exact amount of weeks a player should pop in secondaries on a keeping, fielding and primary net. I should have two nets free in five weeks. But im not sure if i should keep for fitness training or give them to my spinners to get their secondaries around superb (both are at quality/respectable and quality/medicore ATM).

If i keep them as stamina nets i should get most of my side to respectable stamina by the end of the season. I've been told they pop every 4 weeks, but if its closer to 5 weeks i might keep the nets as stamina nets.

Scaly piscine

Stamina pops every 6 weeks on one net, occasionally you'll get a pop on 5 weeks. Secondary pops depend on the age, at 20 you'll get about 1 concentration pop every 13 weeks on one batting say, but if you had a fielding net too then you'd get 2 concentration pops (and 1 consistency pop) every 13 weeks, if you had a wicket-keeping net on top of that you'd get 3 concentration pops (and 2 consistency pops) every 13 weeks.

So it simply adds like that.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Stamina pops every 6 weeks on one net, occasionally you'll get a pop on 5 weeks. Secondary pops depend on the age, at 20 you'll get about 1 concentration pop every 13 weeks on one batting say, but if you had a fielding net too then you'd get 2 concentration pops (and 1 consistency pop) every 13 weeks, if you had a wicket-keeping net on top of that you'd get 3 concentration pops (and 2 consistency pops) every 13 weeks.

So it simply adds like that.
Makes sence i guess.

Out of interest how would that affect an all rounder on a batting and bowling net, in regards to secondary pops. Would that mean they pop every 3 weeks then?

Might just try it out for a while as i guess the whole thing training thing is just trail and error.

Scaly piscine

It means they'd get 1 pop every 13 (or whatever) weeks on both concentration and consistency. It would be 2 pops every 13 on both if you gave them a fielding net as well, 3 pops every 13 on both if you gave them an wicket-keeping net on top of all that.

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Just got bowled out for 97 in the BT20...and then won by 26 runs! That's Total Cricket taken care of...who will I get in the QFs?

Probably Scaly.

Scaly piscine

Hmm me and Withington have nice draws in the BT20. Was hoping Phil and Pob would draw each other but they haven't.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
You should beat them both really, they're sitting on about 30 and 15 million respectively.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Oi, someone bid on Osman already. Current bid 3.8m, ends in 45 mins. Better value than a 17yo respectable anyway.

trevor_vayro

U19 Vice-Captain
Help Please, brain frying!

My IV FC league is much easier than my III OD league, but seeing as BT has run on OD for the last seven seasons, I see OD as by far the more prestigious competition. In OD I'll be scrapping for a playoff, with the average ratings something like Rem/Sup/Abs - Qual/Prof/Feeb, whereas in FC, if I played my best team most matches, then I'd win it easily., average being about Strong/Comp/Abs - Strong/Comp/Feeb. What I intend to do is play my best team in OD, and scrap for points, whilst playing the reserves and two or three Strong/Sups from the 1st CI in FC. I hope to be able to rotate the 1st XI players on FC duty, depending on their fitness. . Against the best FC teams I'll play a weaker team, and go V.Def on everything, with the outside hope of getting a draw, whilst I might chuck in better players for the games I have a better chance of winning easily, in the hope that I'll wrap them up in a day or two, and save PFL.

Also have a training dilemma. Tried to pull a Back-up WK, to play in FC, in order to lessen the burden on Noon, but ended up getting what is potentially a very valuable/useful batsman.

Joey Staton (1562000)
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, respectable batting form, respectable bowling form, fresh
A defensive player with mediocre leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Plays For: Cymru Gurgitaters
Nationality: England
Battrick Rating: 4,495
Wages: £854 p/w
Stamina: mediocre(10) Wicket Keeping: feeble(10)
Batting: respectable(10) Concentration: woeful(5)
Bowling: worthless Consistency: worthless
Fielding: feeble

Option A is to sell for around £2m, and use the funds to buy one or two FC trundlers. Though I quite like the idea of training him into the missing link in my top six. My current trainees are:

Matthew Akhtar (1282894) (2x Batting)
LH Batsman, LH Spin Bowler, strong batting form, superb bowling form, energetic
A destructive player with worthless leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Battrick Rating: 8,705 (+310)
Wages: £2,046 p/w
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: strong Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: worthless Consistency: worthless
Fielding: abysmal

Gene Bewers (326242) (1x Bowling)
LH Batsman, LM Bowler, proficient batting form, superb bowling form, energetic
A cautious player with strong leadership skills and feeble experience.
Nationality: Australia
Dual Nationality: England
Battrick Rating: 33,376 (-356)
Wages: £12,703 p/w
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: feeble Concentration: feeble
Bowling: remarkable Consistency: superb
Fielding: mediocre

Doug Greening (334385) (2x Batting)
RH Batsman, RF Bowler, proficient batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
A steady player with feeble leadership skills and mediocre experience.
Battrick Rating: 46,360 (+1607)
Wages: £25,799 p/w
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: feeble
Batting: exceptional Concentration: superb
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: feeble
Fielding: proficient

Bill Jeffery (329353) (1x Bowling)
LH Batsman, LH Spin Bowler, woeful batting form, proficient bowling form, energetic
A steady player with worthless leadership skills and respectable experience.
Nationality: Australia
Battrick Rating: 26,771 (-498)
Wages: £6,547 p/w
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: feeble
Batting: strong Concentration: proficient
Bowling: strong Consistency: strong
Fielding: respectable

Joe Noon (444923) (1x Bat, 1x WK)
RH Batsman, RM Bowler, superb batting form, strong bowling form, sublime
A steady player with respectable leadership skills and mediocre experience.
Battrick Rating: 59,634 (+2730)
Wages: £13,509 p/w
Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: quality
Batting: superb Concentration: exceptional
Bowling: worthless Consistency: respectable
Fielding: worthless

Alton Staveley (374819) (1x Batting)
LH Batsman, LM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, energetic
A cautious player with mediocre leadership skills and competent experience.
Battrick Rating: 34,014 (+441)
Wages: £11,655 p/w
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: remarkable Concentration: quality
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: mediocre
Fielding: feeble

Jon Wilde (939069) (1x Bowling)
RH Batsman, RM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
A cautious player with proficient leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Nationality: New Zealand
Battrick Rating: 19,132 (+266)
Wages: £6,356 p/w
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: feeble Concentration: feeble
Bowling: quality Consistency: respectable
Fielding: abysmal

Reckon the sensible thing to do would be to pull Jeffery's net immediately, and give Staton 1x Batting. Then, once Staveley pops to Wond Bat, another five or six weeks, pull his net and give Staton a WK or Fielding, with a view to switching it to a second batting net as soon as he's hit, say comp Conc.

TEAM STATS:
Stam: 62 =5.64 (Med)
Batting: 72 =10.29 (Sup)
Conc: 58 =8.29 (Prof)
Bowling: 51 =10.2 (Sup)
Cons: 41 =8.2 (Prof)
Fielding: 61 =5.55 )Med)

@Mahindinho, Aquantra CC are in my OD league this season. At their best, they have similar batting ratings to me, Wond/Resp, but their bowling is much better, Rem/Sup. I'm hoping to do them on a H+F in our league match. But somewhat ominously for you, they appear to be resting quite a lot of players for the BT20, as their batting is about two levels down, and their bowling is dog dirt.

Later, Trev

Johnners

Code:
34. Graham Apted £16,000,000 (opening price)
Plays for: Sky Blues 	Stamina: 	superb 	W/Keeping: 	worthless
Age: 24 years old 	Batting: 	proficient 	Concentration: 	exquisite
BT Rating: 188,719 	Bowling: 	miraculous 	Consistency: 	miraculous
Deadline: 22/09/2007 15:35 	Fielding: 	proficient
Thought about making a bid, but decided he wouldn't be good enough.

Also, i will have a free Stamina net in 2 or so weeks, and i'm thinking about buying this guy. (current bid 700k, how high should i go?)

Code:
RH Batsman, RF Bowler, competent batting form, strong bowling form, moderate
A cautious player with woeful leadership skills and abysmal experience.

Plays For: 	Evans' foxes
Nationality: 	England
Battrick Rating: 	12,068
Wages: 	£1,961 p/w
Stamina: 	abysmal 	Wicket Keeping: 	feeble
Batting: 	proficient 	Concentration: 	respectable
Bowling: 	competent 	Consistency: 	respectable
Fielding: 	worthless
He's a better than my current no.7, and would definetly give me a bit more flexibility should i need to rest someone against the easybeats in my FC & OD leagues.

Thoughts?

Edit: Team Name changed as well to 'Opening Balance'

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.