• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [19/01/09] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Rafi Bashir - 18 yo, BT Rating=38,611
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, proficient batting form, strong bowling form, lively fitness.
A destructive player with strong leadership skills and worthless experience.
Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: feeble
Batting: quality Concentration: proficient
Bowling: superb Consistency: proficient
Fielding: mediocre

Nice
Ha! Some monster poppage there! I've never seen a quadruple-pop before.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
11. Bryan Bond - 20 yo, BT Rating=51,940
LH Batsman, LM Bowler, proficient batting form, superb bowling form, lively fitness.
A defensive player with worthless leadership skills and woeful experience.
Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: quality Concentration: proficient
Bowling: wonderful Consistency: strong
Fielding: competent

Hmmmm....

Johnners

Pops :)

Seymour Bosnich - 19 yo, BT Rating=36,599
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, invigorated fitness.
A destructive player with respectable leadership skills and feeble experience.
Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: mediocre Concentration: competent
Bowling: wonderful Consistency: strong
Fielding: proficient

Hakim Daud - 17 yo, BT Rating=4,689
RH Batsman, RF Bowler, feeble batting form, worthless bowling form, sublime fitness.
A steady player with feeble leadership skills and worthless experience.
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: proficient Concentration: competent
Bowling: worthless Consistency: worthless
Fielding: worthless

Stefan Kiely - 18 yo, BT Rating=19,523
LH Batsman, LM Bowler, superb batting form, strong bowling form, lively fitness.
A steady player with abysmal leadership skills and feeble experience.
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: feeble
Bowling: superb Consistency: strong
Fielding: abysmal

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Just got this line in my commentary:

42.1 . Mulholland to Brendell
Agha Raisani has been spotted in the stands - the celebrities are out in force today. The headlines will probably not be about the cricket tomorrow as he has a young lady on each arm.

Not so funny on it's own, but when you consider that Agha Raisani actually plays in my OD league and we beat his side only 2 weeks ago, it is chuckleworthy.

Also doing well in the game, playing Unhappy Meals, Div 2 side in both FC and OD, won the I.1 title in Season 3 too:

End of Over 44 (Maiden). Unhappy Meals: 137-8, runrate=3.11
Mullis 12-7-16-3
Toulson* 0 (3 balls)
Blackburn 0 (8 balls)
Last Wicket: Brendell c. Mcmillan b. Mulholland 0 (FOW: 137/8)

Dead Badger

State 12th Man
This is why I effing hate FC. A qual/comp bowling lineup has absolutely rattled through my rem/strong batting, a strong (at most) bowler skittling my best three bats. In reply, their qual/med batting lineup is 58-0 against Oleary and Pead, sensational and exceptional bowlers respectively. It is (with apologies to Scaly) a load of crap. Janes now has a season average of 35, over enough games for that to mean something. He's a sensational bat in div IV, and is currently averaging 150 in div III OD. What the flaming piss is going on?

Massively multiplayer online cricket simulations were better when I was a lad, I swear. There are also some kids on my lawn, and I remember when all this were nowt but fields.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
You gotta roll with the punches.

My main gripe with everyone's complaints about the battrick match engine is that everyone ****ing flips out when **** doesn't go their way (which happens, it's sport, nothing is certain, ever) but they all rejoice and are like "Oh it was so awesome, about time etc" when the wrong result on paper favours them. Massive hypocrisy.

I'm sure you've beaten teams you really shouldn't have, maybe they're finally getting theirs back?

Dead Badger

State 12th Man
To be fair, I think I'm pretty honest about when my own wins are preposterous (witness my entire CW Cup campaign last season, and my faintly bewildering promotion to Div III). I've written off several thrashings as birds coming home to roost, and I really don't mind them.

I'm quite well aware that the game ebbs and flows and all that, luck of the draw blah blah. But I just don't get FC. It's nearly impossible to make your captain act sensibly, and there's very little rhyme or reason to performance. Conditions seem to take over to an absolutely ludicrous extent. With BT collapses you knew where you were - you could see what the match engine was doing, and plan for it, even if it was unrealistic and occasionally annoying. With FC, I just can't see what's going on (either on a cricketing level or a BT-engine level), and I don't think it's because I'm being thick.

Johnners

You gotta roll with the punches.

My main gripe with everyone's complaints about the battrick match engine is that everyone ****ing flips out when **** doesn't go their way (which happens, it's sport, nothing is certain, ever) but they all rejoice and are like "Oh it was so awesome, about time etc" when the wrong result on paper favours them. Massive hypocrisy.

I'm sure you've beaten teams you really shouldn't have, maybe they're finally getting theirs back?
http://www.battrick.org/nl/matchInfo.asp?matchID=2797320

:cool: :cool:

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
I've actually been pretty impressed with the FC match engine. When you think about it, there are very few real-life games (FC and OD) that go to plan or fail to throw up some surprises, so realistically you should be expecting a few curve balls throughout the season. What I am finding, now that I am in competitive leagues and with a more rounded squad, that rather than my top order all hitting 150 and my two opening bowlers taking 5-for, is that it's a more even spread and scorecards are looking more and more realistic.

Credit where credit is due.

I also woke up to find that we'd suffered something of a collapse, from 2/174 to now be 7/225. Aside from Shaw (72) and Gray (110*), everyone else has failed quite spectacularly. Whitehouse was serviceable with 18, but then Bhutia went for a golden duck, Mcmillan was run out for a second-ball duck, Dugdale could only manage 5 and the rest of my team can't bat. Alas...

End of Over 71 (7 runs). Anchormen: 225-7, runrate=3.17
Lead by 78 runs. (Unhappy Meals 147-10)
Brendell 20-4-70-1
Appleyard* 2 (3 balls)
Gray 110 (188 balls)
Last Wicket: Dyke b. Beebi 7 (FOW: 217/7)

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
End of Over 82 (2 runs). Anchormen: 251-10, runrate=3.06
Lead by 104 runs. (Unhappy Meals 147-10)
Beebi 17-4-42-4
Mulholland* 1 (3 balls)

Gah! Gray falls 1 partner short of carrying his bat.

Very funny innings... openers put on about 150 and from there it was all downhill. Shaw made 70-80 odd and Gray made 130 - beyond that, I think only Whitehouse (18) made double figures. lol

Need to bowl well here. A 100 run lead is very handy but I think the first innings saw a few things go my way. Dyke didn't take any wickets though so maybe he is due... needs some fairly soon to get his form up.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Why on earth did they feel they had to change servers right in the middle of FC matches and not on Saturday when hardly anything is happenning?:wacko:

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Oh FFS - 5 minutes from the time it's meant to open again and they push it back 4 hours.

"setting up the new machine combination and optimising"... hahaha. Ok, so you overestimated how capable you are.

Meh... nothing to be that angry about but I want to know how I did :(

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Oh FFS - 5 minutes from the time it's meant to open again and they push it back 4 hours.

"setting up the new machine combination and optimising"... hahaha. Ok, so you overestimated how capable you are.

Meh... nothing to be that angry about but I want to know how I did :(
Here I was thinking it would be just a matter of seeing how uickly my gun pacemen polished off a bot

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
End of Over 11 (6 runs). Anchormen: 35-2, runrate=3.18 (1st Inn: 251-10)
Trail by 137 runs. (Unhappy Meals 147-10 & 276-10)
Toulson 6-2-17-1
Whitehouse* 3 (4 balls)
Gray 17 (26 balls)
Last Wicket: Bhutia lbw b. Inamullah 15 (FOW: 29/2)

Getting a bit worried... Shaw went for a second-ball duck in the first over and Bhutia just feel after looking fairly solid. Only Gray and Mcmillan left as the accomplished batsman.

I didn't see the full scorecard but we had them 8/228 - and I'm not sure what they were 7-for, but the #9 batsman (wages 327, BTR 2,200) made 15... could've blown it with some terrible bowling at the tail. Mulholland took another 5-for - 10 wickets in the game for him! Macca took 3/54 to add to his two from the first innings, Mullis 1/46 (off 24 overs) and I'm not sure what Dyke did. No wickets though.

Johnners

Love Harris & Moloto so much

End of Over 42: 242-3, runrate=5.76, reqrunrate=7.25 (299-10)
Reeks 6-0-37-0
Harris* 129 (122 balls)
Moloto 57 (72 balls)
Last Wicket: Appleyard c. Vernon b. Moodley 3 (FOW: 108/3)

to

End of Over 46: 284-3, runrate=6.17, reqrunrate=4.00 (299-10)
Reeks 8-0-57-0
Harris* 145 (133 balls)
Moloto 83 (85 balls)
Last Wicket: Appleyard c. Vernon b. Moodley 3 (FOW: 108/3)

Thought I was going to lose to these blokes again, which would have pissed me off, bowlers have been so crap for me again this season. The other team should never have scored 299 on a seaming wicket.

HeathDavisSpeed

To Trev:

Hey Trev,

Just defeated Va Va Voom yesterday. I lost to them first time around due to the 2 bowlers they have. Tried the tactic of setting all my batsmen to defensive so that they could "see off" his 200k rated opening pair. Once they negotiated them, batting was easy. As he's only got one batsman of note, there's not much need to chase down a big total against him, it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.