• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [19/01/09] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Usual BT-bollocks, if my bowling attack comes up against someone who are quite crap enough I can pretty much guarantee there'll hardly be any wickets falling in BT20.

End of Over 7: 53-1, runrate=7.57
Patel 2-0-16-1
Ganfield* 22 (17 balls)
Greenacre 16 (11 balls)

Last Wicket: Dennis c. Armstrong b. Patel 15 (FOW: 31/1)

Oh good now my spinners are getting hammered. Piss off.

Scaly piscine

End of Over 13: 121-2, runrate=9.31
Dillon 3-0-26-1
Reid* 1 (3 balls)
Greenacre 43 (26 balls)

Last Wicket: Ganfield b. Dillon 57 (FOW: 110/2)

A second wicket in the 13th over and 11 runs.

Scaly piscine

YP:

Aaron Dickman (1556786)

LH Batsman, LF Bowler, respectable batting form, respectable bowling form, changeable
A cautious player with worthless leadership skills and abysmal experience.

Plays For: Scaly Piscine CC
Nationality: England
Battrick Rating: 5,123
Wages: £715 p/w

Stamina (8): mediocre Wicket Keeping: mediocre
Batting (11): mediocre Concentration (3): abysmal
Bowling (11): competent Consistency (2): mediocre
Fielding: worthless

Listed for 200k

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
YP:

Aaron Dickman (1556786)

LH Batsman, LF Bowler, respectable batting form, respectable bowling form, changeable
A cautious player with worthless leadership skills and abysmal experience.

Plays For: Scaly Piscine CC
Nationality: England
Battrick Rating: 5,123
Wages: £715 p/w

Stamina (8): mediocre Wicket Keeping: mediocre
Batting (11): mediocre Concentration (3): abysmal
Bowling (11): competent Consistency (2): mediocre

Listed for 200k

Hmmm, might have a bid at some point - I'm looking for a L/RF bowling trainee, but will have to see how bidding goes. He might go out of my price range. I also only have 3 nets available so wouldn't be able to make much of his batting either.

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
YP pulled...and fired. Rubbish.

Just joined my BT20 game...

---

Looks like my lot made 182/4...criminally underused Sandwith, thinking
that their bowlers would take more wickets.

Opposition were cruising along, but a few quick wickets seem to have
really slowed them down -- 153/3 from 17 overs.

Make that 162-3 from 18.

10.5 an over required, with one proper batsmen (BTR>65k) and a real
numpty (BTR<3k) in. Unfortunately, the former is on strike.

---

Penultimate over goes 1 2 4 1 1 2 ...that's 10 runs from an absolute numpty!

Ten required to win it, six balls left, plenty of wickets in hand and
a decent batsman facing.

I'm not looking good here...

---

Gibb to bowl the last over...what can he come up with?

The good batsman takes a single...good...WICKET! WICKET! WICKET! HATTRICK!

Still, ten required from the last two balls...single! DOT BALL!

WITHINGTON WIN!

:) :) :)

Scaly piscine

Hmmm, might have a bid at some point - I'm looking for a L/RF bowling trainee, but will have to see how bidding goes. He might go out of my price range. I also only have 3 nets available so wouldn't be able to make much of his batting either.
I strongly suspect they are high competent and low everything else. The wage is too high for there not to be good primary sublevels, but the BTR is too low for it to be the two mediocre primary sublevels that are contributing much of the wage.

andyc

Ouch. Just went through my leagues in detail, it'll be tough. OD has no real easy beats, and if FC weren't around I could probably pull off fourth again. FC at least has one easy win, but the rest are all pretty tough, so I'm really undecided as to what to focus on. One of the teams in my OD league is also in my FC league though, should be interesting.

What's everyone here doing? Focusing on just one form, or going for both of them?

Scaly piscine

6th away draw for me in the BT20 (out of 6, after being away for most of the last BT20 competition because of a bug), but looks an easy game this time.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Pulled a true allrounder, inasmuch as he does everything more or less equally poorly. Bidding up to 25k though.

Roland Seaby (1556963)

RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, respectable batting form, respectable bowling form, fresh
A defensive player with abysmal leadership skills and worthless experience.

Plays For: Asterix XI
Nationality: West Indies
Battrick Rating: 6,148
Wages: £1,035 p/w
Stamina: feeble Wicket Keeping: competent
Batting: competent Concentration: abysmal
Bowling: mediocre Consistency: abysmal
Fielding: mediocre

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I'll be concentrating on OD, plan on going to IV after this season. I'll probably finish mid-table in FC, I could win it without a problem if I played full strength but I'll just cruise with some meds, should still finish 3rd.

Bobisback

International Regular
Going for OD glory, will start getting my Stamina levels up, and slowly build an FC squad. But as of now, Ill be lucky to finish 7th in FC.

Dead Badger

State 12th Man
Well, my first ever full-ITS pull. I wanted a spin-bowling trainee, and that's exactly what I got:

Darren Piercy (1557104)

RH Batsman, LH Spin Bowler, respectable batting form, respectable bowling form, fresh
A cautious player with worthless leadership skills and worthless experience.

Battrick Rating: 4,660
Wages: £662 p/w

Stamina (11): mediocre Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: worthless
Bowling (12): competent Consistency (12): competent

I'm guessing he's at best mid to low competent bowl with those wages?

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Haven't really had any luck at all at the beginning of this season - both my leagues are going to be pretty tough, with no bots or new sides there for the beating. No chance in my Cup game either so I'll be TIEing and playing lots of reserves on Sunday in readiness for the first meaningful games of the season next week.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Usual BT-bollocks, if my bowling attack comes up against someone who are quite crap enough I can pretty much guarantee there'll hardly be any wickets falling in BT20.

End of Over 7: 53-1, runrate=7.57
Patel 2-0-16-1
Ganfield* 22 (17 balls)
Greenacre 16 (11 balls)

Last Wicket: Dennis c. Armstrong b. Patel 15 (FOW: 31/1)

Oh good now my spinners are getting hammered. Piss off.
Hahaha, I swear, Scaly, no one could get shafted that often. Your tactics must be on par with Andy Cameron's.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Awesome cup match that I should win comfortably on PAN.

WIll be concentrating on a Top 5 OD finish. FC we'll take as it comes.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
People who have posted on their youth pulls - what level is your Academy at? About to make mine in a few hours, Academy level is Superb. :cool:

Dead Badger

State 12th Man
Mine's superb - repaired it all the way from worthless. Will have to wait and see how my next two pulls come out to see if it was really worth it, but it was fun at least.

Annoyingly strong first-round opponent in the cup. Should beat him, but combined with my nightmare early season in the OD league (playing first and third right off the bat), it's a tough old season opening ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.