• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [19/01/09] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobisback

International Regular
2. Howard Wilkinson - 17 yo, BT Rating=16,797
LH Batsman, LF Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, lively fitness.
A cautious player with feeble leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: proficient Wicket Keeping: feeble
Batting: superb Concentration: respectable
Bowling: worthless Consistency: abysmal
Fielding: abysmal

pop pop pop

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
2. Jake Lucas - 22 yo, BT Rating=59,358
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, superb batting form, proficient bowling form, sublime fitness.
A cautious player with worthless leadership skills and competent experience.
Stamina: strong Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: exceptional Concentration: exceptional
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: abysmal
Fielding: woeful

22. Prsanna Jeithoon - 22 yo, BT Rating=151,925
LH Batsman, LFM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, fresh fitness.
A defensive player with woeful leadership skills and competent experience.
Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: abysmal Concentration: proficient
Bowling: phenomenal Consistency: miraculous
Fielding: strong

13 more weeks...

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
12. Stuart Batty - 19 yo, BT Rating=38,071
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, strong batting form, superb bowling form, energetic fitness.
A destructive player with worthless leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: strong Concentration: strong
Bowling: quality Consistency: superb
Fielding: worthless

Now, here's a question. Batty was Strong/Strong batting at the start of the season.

He's been on a batting net all season, and he hasn't popped. Is something wrong or is this normal??

And is there any way to find what division I'm gonna be in next season anywhere?

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
FINALLY! Fishy pops, and it's a double:

Code:
1. Keith Fish - 21 yo, BT Rating=81,106
LH Batsman, LFM Bowler, strong batting form, feeble bowling form, energetic fitness.
A destructive player with woeful leadership skills and feeble experience.
Stamina:  respectable  Wicket Keeping: exceptional
Batting:  [B]exceptional  [/B]Concentration:  [B]sensational[/B]
Bowling:  worthless    Consistency:    proficient
Fielding: competent
It's been a long time coming.

That should be the end of his training. I was originally intending him to be my second 100k BTR player, but I'm not so sure I could afford his wages. As it is, he'll be in the side 'til he gets his Zimmerframe.

Also a fielding pop on Marshall, who's now Mediocre.

Any idea how long we've got until the start of next season? I might get a bit of a fat camp going on for my bowlers (mostly Proficient stamina) and Fish (respectable), as I'll really need them next season.

nibbs

International Captain
12. Stuart Batty - 19 yo, BT Rating=38,071
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, strong batting form, superb bowling form, energetic fitness.
A destructive player with worthless leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: strong Concentration: strong
Bowling: quality Consistency: superb
Fielding: worthless

14-15 weeks on one net i think. so he must be very close. but, you probably should get some stamina into him. from next season 1 stam, 1 bowl, and if you have a spare net, 1 field. nothing more. get his stamina to minimum of proficient. then you should have a very useful player on your hands

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
14-15 weeks on one net i think. so he must be very close. but, you probably should get some stamina into him. from next season 1 stam, 1 bowl, and if you have a spare net, 1 field. nothing more. get his stamina to minimum of proficient. then you should have a very useful player on your hands
Thanks nibbs. Hoping to get him up to be a very useful bowler, so I may well take your advice on this one.

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Thanks nibbs. Hoping to get him up to be a very useful bowler, so I may well take your advice on this one.
Depending on how many nets you've got free, I'd be inclined to take him up another level of batting, and worry about the fielding/secondaries later -- he's never exactly going to be a Jonty, after all. So 1 stamina, 1 bowling and 1 batting next season, with batting changing to fielding after he hits Quality.

It would take a while though, given that he'd be 20.

Thanks for the calendar, BTW. Fat Camp it is!

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Picked up a new batsman, hopefully will stop me getting bundled out for 87 etc.

3. Kirk Foster - 25 yo, BT Rating=125,353
LH Batsman, LM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, sublime fitness.
A steady player with proficient leadership skills and strong experience.
Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: remarkable Concentration: miraculous
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: exceptional
Fielding: competent

6m, pretty good considering I sold Cuss (wonderful/superb/proficient) for 6.375m. Have a few mil left which I'll probably spend on another trainee seeing as I'm currently destroying Wilde's fitness.

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
6m, pretty good considering I sold Cuss (wonderful/superb/proficient) for 6.375m. Have a few mil left which I'll probably spend on another trainee seeing as I'm currently destroying Wilde's fitness.
Bargain!

Speaking as someone who _really_ doesn't hang around the transfer market much, how much do you think I'd get for these two..?

Marshall -- 18yo defensive bat, BTR 28k+
Feeble stamina
Quality batting (currently Superb, but will have popped)
Remarkable conc (currently Quality)
Mediocre fielding

Hayward -- 31yo defensive bat, BTR 11k
Feeble stamina
Strong batting
Respectable conc
Feeble fielding

I'd be looking at selling as soon as Marshall pops, early next season -- he'll be 19 by then, of course. Is it worth taking him a level of stamina up?

I've realised that I'm going to need to get two bowling trainees ASAP for use in four seasons' time, so want to "exchange" a trainee bat + makeweight + £1-2M for a finished article, probably mid-20s.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Probably get over 5m for Marshall if he had those skills now, as a 19yo presumbly it would go down a bit. Not really worth getting his stamina up a level unless he's close to a pop, won't affect his value much. The other guy will get a few hundred thousand if you're lucky.

Last edited:

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Probably get over 5m for Marshall if he had those skills now, as a 19yo presumbly it would go down a bit. Not really worth getting his stamina up a level unless he's close to a pop, won't affect his value much. The other guy will get a few hundred thousand if you're lucky.
Good to hear that -- I generally lay off stamina training until a player's older, anyway.

Having a look at the market, I'd be lucky to get £500k for Hayward...so may as well not bother as he's a useful lower order bat.

So...probably £4M for Marshall plus £2M in loose change...£6M gets an older Remark/Wonderful I suppose. Or I could keep him and use my three free training slots for skill trading, with a view towards buying a £10M player towards season's end. Tempting...

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Got a bit of cash to throw at someone and I need a back up keeper with respectable primaries. Anybody with an offer?

headhunter

International Vice-Captain
Poor season for us this one. Got sent back to VI in FC and after winning my V league last season, we could only manage to finish 3rd this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.