• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [19/01/09] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakester1288

International Regular
Hey guys, just signed up for this last night, about to have a go in a minute. Anyone have any good ideas that could help me or explain it?

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
FTP threads aren't that active these days. The gloss has somewhat gone of that game.

Jeithoon gun, only problem is his fitness is ****ed playing two GFI matches per week. He still not good enough to make the CW Battrick XI, even with Summers gone.

PY

International Coach
FTP thread it seems.

People are sick of the BT bull****, can hardly blame them but It doesn't bother me that much.
Ditto, I'm not that bothered by the stuff ups. Just keep playing it and see where I get. Only shame is that it's popularity has fallen on here so not sure the cup is going to be as fun this time around.

Dead Badger

State 12th Man
Not so sure it's the ongoing bugs - I just think by this point we're all pretty used to the game and there's not a great deal new to say. Most people have developed their first round or two of gun players, so there's not much novelty left save for the occasional massive transfer (Coburn, anyone?). I'm seriously considering quitting if I manage to promote to III this season.

What we need is for someone to do something stupid to liven things up, like cow corner's "All Batsmen XI" experiment. Volunteers? :)

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I think everyone has realised no one cares about score updates posted in threads. If we want to check out how your team is going, we'll look it up in game. No real need to post other than pops, or asking advice and that sort of thing.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Sold Cuss (6.375m) and Barton (9.05m). Wasn't keen on selling Cuss, but had to be done eventually as he's 28 now and only going to deteriorate in value. Same goes for Barton at 27, though the main reason for selling him was that I want someone more attacking (Barton is defensive). Pretty happy with the price I got for Cuss, was hoping for a little bit more for Barton but considering I bought him for 7.4m earlier this season I'm not unhappy.

Cup win was a fitting farewell for the club's first star batsman, even if he only made seven runs. His record, for posterity:

Code:
[B]Batting 	M 	I 	R 	n.o. 	Ave 	SR 	HS 	C 	st 	50s 	100s[/B]
Career 	       184    	170 	10238 	60 	93.07 	93.07 	202* 	29 	0 	48 	34
Will be on the lookout for players over the next couple of weeks. Was actually tilting at Jamee's allrounder (Kealey), but didn't get bids in time. Another bowler is the first priority; planning to sell my 17yo allrounder when he pops to strong bat and bowl and buy a gun batsman then. Howland will resume bowling duties in the meantime, not as good as Barton but does a serviceable job as a proficient/phenomenal.

pasag

RTDAS
I think everyone has realised no one cares about score updates posted in threads. If we want to check out how your team is going, we'll look it up in game. No real need to post other than pops, or asking advice and that sort of thing.
The players are off the field for the break between innings.

End of Over 50: 304-3, runrate=6.08
Dumisani 10-0-62-1
Elmes* 160 (143 balls)
Wilson 23 (16 balls)
Last Wicket: Garcia c. Lonergan b. Jordan 59 (FOW: 252/3)

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Got rolled for 230-something, Keane made a hundred but soaked up 140-odd balls. Pretty dissapointing though I've started pretty well with the ball.

End of Over 6: 18-5, runrate=3.00, reqrunrate=5.09 (241-10)
Conn 3-1-6-2
Hole* 2 (4 balls)
Wright-phillips 0 (0 balls)
Last Wicket: Scarlett Run Out 0 (FOW: 18/5)

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Getting rolled by Aust. Nats manager Jenny aws. As soon as Harris was dismissed it was over, basically.

End of Over 25: 92-5, runrate=3.68, reqrunrate=3.84 (187-10)
Gallop 3-0-20-0
Yousif* 22 (35 balls)
Meyer 23 (42 balls)

Last Wicket: Kanelo lbw b. Steadhart 28 (FOW: 49/5)

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ended up losing by 40 odd runs. Would've been worse had it not been for 30s from Meyer & Yousif. Basically, her bowling >>>> my bowling.

Dead Badger

State 12th Man
Chasing 246 in a top-of-the-table clash that could (could) see me well set for the title. Going slowly in reply, but am happy to just see off his openers, one of whom in particular gives me the willies. Could be a very interesting one in 30-odd overs' time...

End of Over 7: 21-0, runrate=3.00, reqrunrate=5.26 (246-10)
Ball 4-0-12-0
Liebenberg* 16 (21 balls)
Bromby 5 (21 balls)

Edit: won with overs and wickets to spare in the end. That sends me 12 points clear at the top of the table, still unbeaten in OD. None of the rest of the games are gimmes, but that was definitely the toughest opponent today.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.