• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [19/01/09] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

PY

International Coach
Dave Taylor - 21 yo, BT Rating=53,785
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, sublime fitness.
An attacking player with feeble leadership skills and mediocre experience.
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: woeful
Batting: sensational Concentration: remarkable
Bowling: worthless Consistency: worthless
Fielding: woeful

Greg Ferrell - 21 yo, BT Rating=46,081
RH Batsman, RM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, energetic fitness.
A steady player with abysmal leadership skills and mediocre experience.
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: woeful
Batting: worthless Concentration: worthless
Bowling: exceptional Consistency: remarkable
Fielding: worthless

He's still my worst bowler but I'm going to keep training him up so shouldn't be for much longer. First sensational bat is Taylor, probably carry on training for a couple of seasons to the masterful area.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Jimmy Knowles - 20 yo, BT Rating=38,979
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, energetic fitness.
An attacking player with mediocre leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: abysmal
Bowling: exceptional Consistency: superb
Fielding: abysmal

Bobisback

International Regular
Jimmy Knowles - 20 yo, BT Rating=38,979
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, energetic fitness.
An attacking player with mediocre leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Batting: worthless Concentration: abysmal
Bowling: exceptional Consistency: superb
Makes me miss Sicelo :(

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
22. Prsanna Jeithoon - 22 yo, BT Rating=101,090
LH Batsman, LFM Bowler, superb batting form, feeble bowling form, invigorated fitness.
A defensive player with woeful leadership skills and mediocre experience.
Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: abysmal Concentration: respectable
Bowling: miraculous Consistency: exquisite
Fielding: proficient

Back over 100k as well.

Form in this game is real joke. Nothing wrong with form going up and down, but the real issue is that it drops up and down a couple levels at a time. One week they are superb, three weeks later they are worthless.

Dead Badger

State 12th Man
Training updates taking aaaaaaages.

::twiddles thumbs::

Yaaay!

3. Colin Janes - 22 yo, BT Rating=51,326
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, sublime fitness.
A cautious player with proficient leadership skills and feeble experience.
Stamina: strong Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: exceptional Concentration: remarkable
Bowling: worthless Consistency: abysmal

10. Darren Piercy - 19 yo, BT Rating=26,072
RH Batsman, LH Spin Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, invigorated fitness.
A cautious player with worthless leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: worthless
Bowling: remarkable Consistency: strong

Mostly good news on the form front, too. Worth waiting for, all told.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Marvin Warnock - 21 yo, BT Rating=92,637
LH Batsman, LH Spin Bowler, superb batting form, strong bowling form, energetic fitness.
A steady player with proficient leadership skills and mediocre experience.
Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: sensational Concentration: sensational
Bowling: worthless Consistency: proficient
Fielding: strong

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Only pop:

9. Dessie Whybrew - 18 yo, BT Rating=16,658
RH Batsman, RF Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, energetic fitness.
An attacking player with worthless leadership skills and worthless experience.
Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: respectable
Batting: strong Concentration: respectable
Bowling: worthless Consistency: woeful

Annoyingly my 17yo allrounder didn't pop in bowling, should be at least 90% of the way there by now. Becoming less and less likely that I'll be able to sell him for a premium. Might have to sell Whybrew as well, with a bit of luck I'll be able to get around 6m for the deuce which will be just about enough to buy a decent no. 7 bat.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
FFS now battrick is being incredibly poor as far as navigation is concernd. I mean half an hour to put 4 matches on multiview :ranting:

headhunter

International Vice-Captain
End of Over 35 (1 runs). Hardly Athletic CC: 65-2, runrate=1.86
Caldwell 8-0-21-0
Ramsey* 21 (103 balls)
Wiltshire 28 (69 balls)
Last Wicket: Lymbury c & b. Ross 5 (FOW: 11/2)

First time ever putting near first XI in FC. Appears to be paying off.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Played a bot today. Bowled them out for 32 and my 2nd XI (with two decent bats and a decent bolwer to make sure of things) are currently 590/1. The two decent bats aren't in yet.

Dead Badger

State 12th Man
Did my usual trick of resting Bromby, then forgetting to set the wicketkeeper to someone who isn't so rubbish they'd get picked for England. Doesn't seem to have hurt much, though; they're 27-5 in reply to 400-odd, and Boardley took a stumping, even.

headhunter

International Vice-Captain
End of Day 1

Hardly Athletic CC 170/10 (91.1)
Ross 20-11-17-4

BEST Indies 62/1 (18.0)
Khotso 31* off 54

Very happy with the way things are shaping up.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
End of Day 1

Swamibapa Leeds CC
100 all out
Steyn 35(44)

and 87/1
Clunnie 39* (59)

lead by 78 runs against

Lewes Priocy CC
109 all out
Cherry 17-8-35-4

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Gary Murdoch - 18 yo, BT Rating=17,415
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, superb batting form, proficient bowling form, sublime fitness.
A cautious player with competent leadership skills and worthless experience.
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: woeful
Bowling: superb Consistency: strong
Fielding: feeble

Mark Pearce (839995)
RH Batsman, RM Bowler, strong batting form, strong bowling form, energetic fitness.
A defensive player with proficient leadership skills and mediocre experience.
Batting: worthless Concentration: mediocre
Bowling:exceptional Consistency: sensational
Fielding: competent

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
FC Matches
We are unfortunately currently experiencing problems very similar to the ones we saw during the aborted week 1 FC games this season.

We have now stopped the engine from processing any further games until we can determine what is happening and why.

We hope to be able to avoid having to take the same action as was taken in week 1, but certainly expect some delays to your games today. Please bear with us whilst we make these investigations and apologies for the inconvenience.
8-)

I'm getting to the point where I'm seriously considering jacking BT in. I don't have the time for it that I had when I was a student and everything seems to be going wrong/going slow these days.

Dead Badger

State 12th Man
Yeah, it's getting a bit frustrating. Jargon and raptornex certainly seem to know what they're doing, but judging from the recent post on the dev blog (regarding the log-out problems) it may be that the system is just too badly-written to be rescued without a full rewrite. The system Allan wrote to track session data just sounds ludicrous.

Probably won't quit, though. Don't think I can bring myself to watch my beloved long-term trainees go bot or be sold.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, it's getting a bit frustrating. Jargon and raptornex certainly seem to know what they're doing, but judging from the recent post on the dev blog (regarding the log-out problems) it may be that the system is just too badly-written to be rescued without a full rewrite. The system Allan wrote to track session data just sounds ludicrous.

Probably won't quit, though. Don't think I can bring myself to watch my beloved long-term trainees go bot or be sold.
Been inexplicably logged out thrice this morning...

Dead Badger

State 12th Man
Oh, it's quite explicable: rather than use cookies and suchlike to track user sessions, Allan has a permanently-running process on the server which stores everyone's session information in memory. When too many people log on at once, this process consumes all the memory and CPU time, and has to be restarted. This logs everyone out.

At the moment, poor old raptornex is trying to bully this ludicrous system into behaving for the time being, but every time he changes a setting he has to restart the process, which logs everyone out. So that's why you're getting logged out so much.

If you think this system sounds like something that might have been written by gibbons, you would be right.

Edit: the above is actually a bit simplistic; there are reasons for doing it the way Allan did it, but not particularly good ones, and not ones that really apply here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.