• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [19/01/09] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
End of Over 4: 11-3, runrate=2.75
Makooi 2-0-6-1
Kepler* 5 (12 balls)
Kemp 0 (0 balls)

Last Wicket: Knight b. Makooi 0 (FOW: 11/3)

No danger of me unexpectedly winning this playoff! Good news.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Put these three on the market -

43. Karl Angus - 17 yo, BT Rating=6,971
RH Batsman, RF Bowler, strong batting form, strong bowling form, energetic fitness.
A destructive player with worthless leadership skills and worthless experience.
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: proficient Concentration: woeful
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: woeful
Fielding: competent

41. Dave Nelson - 17 yo, BT Rating=6,471
LH Batsman, LH Spin Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, sublime fitness.
An attacking player with proficient leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Batting: feeble Concentration: respectable
Bowling: mediocre Consistency: woeful
Fielding: abysmal

40. Matthew Nott - 24 yo, BT Rating=5,100
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, proficient batting form, superb bowling form, sublime fitness.
A cautious player with woeful leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Batting: respectable Concentration: competent
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: abysmal
Fielding: woeful

headhunter

International Vice-Captain
Got what I wanted out of my play-off today.

Killer Of Giants 370/3 (50.0)
Darby 10-0-72-2

BEST Indies 292/8 (50.0)
Grewcook 75 off 72

Top Order: superb woeful
Middle Order: wonderful abysmal
Lower Order: worthless worthless
Seam Bowling: feeble woeful
Spin Bowling: woeful abysmal
Fielding: woeful abysmal

Dire how close it was with these rating.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Play-off, promotion to division II:

Dynamo Morpork 282 for six (50)
S Herbert 96, S Porter 90, M Maidens 40; Chase 2/55

Indy 208 all out (45.4)
Hilton 102; B Rock 3/26 (7.4), D Tuck 3/43 (8)

Dynamo Morpork won by 74 runs

Ratings:
Indy Dynamo Morpork
Top Order: masterful sensational
Middle Order: competent quality
Lower Order: woeful woeful
Seam Bowling: sensational wonderful
Spin Bowling: quality exceptional
Fielding: competent mediocre

Comes to 174 in Batstats, I believe.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Bought this guy for 11m. Probably paid too much but i had alot of money and needed an all rounder

Matthew Hunter - 23 yo, BT Rating=84,024
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, energetic fitness.
A steady player with mediocre leadership skills and mediocre experience.
Stamina: proficient Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: strong Concentration: exceptional
Bowling: wonderful Consistency: remarkable
Fielding: respectable

He really strengthens my bowling with my bowling order now consisting of: Exquisite, Wonderful, Wonderful, Quality and Respectable.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
He really strengthens my bowling with my bowling order now consisting of: Exquisite, Wonderful, Wonderful, Quality and Respectable.
My bowling consists of Masterful, Wonderful, Wonderful, Remarkable and Quality. Should just sell all your players again, and start all over again IMO. :p

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
This game is fun until f00lins shows up.

Masterful, Sensational (well, he's very very close to it), Remarkable, Strong, nada. atm. Both the Masterful and the Remarkable are Elite+++ secondaries. Will have two bowling trainees (including the strong) next season. Hyde will be getting smashed by nets while the other guy gets 1 bowling 1 field.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
My bowling consists of Masterful, Wonderful, Wonderful, Remarkable and Quality. Should just sell all your players again, and start all over again IMO. :p
I never sold all my players. I Sold Allen for 17m and it allowed me to rebuild my team in a more diverse manner rather than being centralised around an allrounder.

Besides. I have two National players :p

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
This game is fun until f00lins shows up.

Masterful, Sensational (well, he's very very close to it), Remarkable, Strong, nada. atm. Both the Masterful and the Remarkable are Elite+++ secondaries. Will have two bowling trainees (including the strong) next season. Hyde will be getting smashed by nets while the other guy gets 1 bowling 1 field.
Love you too.

Secondaries are killing me in terms of wages though.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Listed Savage for 500k if anyone is interested.

Kevin Savage (884266)

RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, sublime fitness.
A cautious player with competent leadership skills and mediocre experience.

Plays For: Opening Balance
Nationality: Australia
Battrick Rating: 11,132
Wages: £1,357 p/w
Batting: worthless Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: proficient Consistency: proficient
Fielding: worthless

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Out of BT20 Cup to a newly appointed D1 side. I beat them in the real cup, but needed to GFI to have any chance. They won with 8 balls left, so I probably needed another 20 runs.

And that's the end of the match. Unabrow Rangers won by 9 wickets.
Jaffna Jets 187-8
Unabrow Rangers 190-1

Hodge 4-0-37-0 - Hodge on debut, decent considering the side we played.

PY

International Coach
Bowling attack by end of season will be = masterful, exquisite, exceptional, exceptional, remarkable-elite++.

Warmed up for my GFI on Monday with a PAN score of 163 this morning, all-rounder is knackered though so shall be resting him tomorrow against Morkles.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Bowling attack by end of season will be = masterful, exquisite, exceptional, exceptional, remarkable-elite++.

Warmed up for my GFI on Monday with a PAN score of 163 this morning, all-rounder is knackered though so shall be resting him tomorrow against Mørkles.
Have nothing to play for in fourteen days after that friendly, so will be full strength.

nibbs

International Captain
Well then. Promotion secured after in what turned out to be an easier match than what I had anticipated. I enter into a new div II this time around. I've got one of the better squads. The big concern at the moment is whether or not I'll be able to handle Downer, and to a lesser extent, Clegg's wages. In all likelihood, Downer will have to go which is a real shame, just. Pretty sure I won't lose too much money on him if I do have to sell

Just need to the youth system to cooperate with me next season and produce the batsmen that I'm looking for and maybe things will be okay.

PY

International Coach
Have nothing to play for in fourteen days after that friendly, so will be full strength.
Sod. :p

I'm not that bothered about the BT20 thing, more that I want to try get a new BatStat ranking because I've not been allowed to improve all season due to morale, it's back up to animated now after last few games but playing a pretty decent side on Monday so will be last chance saloon for a GFI.

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Got thrashed by 10 wickets in my playoff, despite Kepler's unbeaten 67* giving him four 50's and four 100's in eight innings this season in OD.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
York City Sloggers Scaly Piscine CC
Top Order: quality wonderful
Middle Order: proficient superb
Lower Order: abysmal abysmal
Seam Bowling: strong masterful
Spin Bowling: mediocre exceptional
Fielding: woeful mediocre

Uneven pitch, partially cloudy and humid.

I won by 4 runs, took all of 2 wickets. Just in case anyone missed it FTP > BT in the same way Manchester United > Octogenarian Zimmerframers XI.

Status
Not open for further replies.