• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [19/01/09] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobisback

International Regular
No-body even minutely interested?
Someone do it, so he can buy Hiller off me and i can buy bigger fish. At least chuck the 2.1m bid on, he shouldnt go for that, but if he does, he is a steal, chuck him on 1 batting net for a season and sell for 3.5+

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Someone do it, so he can buy Hiller off me and i can buy bigger fish. At least chuck the 2.1m bid on, he shouldnt go for that, but if he does, he is a steal, chuck him on 1 batting net for a season and sell for 3.5+
Perfect for a Div V team imo, absolutely gunned it in Div V for me.

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Cruising in my game, which I wasn't expecting tbh. The other guy's players have fairly poor pfl but are still generally much better players than mine.

The Heath CC: 348/1 (50) Kepler 165*, Mclean 100*, Caldwell 81

Coatham Sloggers: 69/3 (13)

All 3 wickets have gone to Turner.

Dead Badger

State 12th Man
Woo; another OD victory, taking my record this season to P7 W5 L2. It's a very close league - the way other results are going it looks like there'll be four, possibly five teams equal on points at the top, including mine.

And that's the end of the match. Beard XI won by 8 wickets.
Baseball is rubbish 154-10 Pead 4-21, Gill 3-26, Oleary 2-20
Beard XI 155-2 Platt 88*, Janes 54*

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Another Friday, another defeat. Not quite yet, but the fat lady's all warmed up and ready to go.

That's about it for my OD season -- rooted to the bottom with an absolutely epic NRR. Looks like I'll only be playing reserves now, augmented by any 1st teamers that happen to be on sublime PFL. Down to Div III I go.

PY

International Coach
May bid on Stroud once I've had my weekly financial update.

Be honest, has he just popped to superb? Not too big a deal but would be about 5% more likely to bid if he has any further training.

andyc

Very pleased with myself, beat what is really the only other team that would challenge me for the number one spot this season today.

Magical Ponies 283 (49.3)
Canning 103 (100), Terry 90 (107), Kilkenny 29 (21)

Beechboro Titans 222 (44.5)
Fernando 5/51 (7.5), Potgieter 4/47 (10), Erasmus 1/28 (7)

Magical Ponies Beechboro Titans
Top Order: wonderful wonderful
Middle Order: superb strong
Lower Order: woeful woeful
Seam Bowling: exquisite masterful
Spin Bowling: superb proficient
Fielding: feeble competent
MOTM: Fernando

Looks like my GFI paid off, am very happy with that. Can't believe Fernando took a 5-fer though, even if it was a collapse in the last 10.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
41st over, and guess what, the BT-collapse strikes...

1 W W W W .

Rock's shabby 0/33 (6) turns to 4/34 (7). :laugh:

184 to chase on a hard and fast. Job done, I feel.

Last edited:

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
The Heath CC: 348/1 (50) Kepler 165* (153), Mclean 100* (82), Caldwell 81 (66)

Coatham Sloggers: 150 (33.4) Turner 5/56 (10), Westwood 3/29 (6.4)

Reporter's Summary
The Heath CC Coatham Sloggers
Top Order: proficient proficient
Middle Order: feeble feeble
Lower Order: worthless worthless
Seam Bowling: competent feeble
Spin Bowling: mediocre feeble
Fielding: feeble woeful

MOTM: Kepler

Decent ratings on PAN. The batting was excellent on an uneven wicket in humid conditions, albeit against a knackered bowling attack. Kepler's knock takes his OD average for the season up to 342 (3 innings, 2 NO's). Mclean's century was his first for the club in the OD format.

The bowling was arguably even more impressive, with Turner claiming his first 5fer in all forms of the game. Westwood supported well, whilst Lucas and Hamed both went for just 3 an over. Possibly for the first time ever, Woods (5-1-27-0) was the weak link in the bowling.

Great result though, and an excellent warm up or Sunday's crunch match against caves_beachcc.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Lost by 16 runs. A strong-ish spinner took 4/39 from 10 on a hard and fast, including a superb, proficient and a respectable.

My remarkable can't get more than 0/33 (6) when bowling at their similar guys...

*/Scaly*

wootton wanderers 183 ao
Devonish 56, Hector 49*, French 45; Rock (spin) 4/34, Cort (spin) 3/16, Tuck (seam) 1/50, Scott (seam) 1/52

Dynamo Morpork 167 ao
Maidens 49, Crouch 35, James 26, Herbert 23, Porter 10, Virk 2; Kirk (spin) 4/39, Dowe (fast) 2/31, Hamed (medium) 2/33, Harrinarine 2/41

Dynamo Morpork wootton wanderers
Top Order: exceptional strong
Middle Order: strong competent
Lower Order: abysmal worthless
Seam Bowling: quality strong
Spin Bowling: remarkable respectable
Fielding: mediocre woeful

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited:

oz_fan

International Regular
Had a good win yesterday in my OD game.

SEeagles won the toss and elected to bat.
First Innings of: SEeagles
Total (17.5 overs, 10 wickets) 60
Stevens 4-15
Gordon 4-36
Grant 2-4

First Innings of: oz fans XI
Total (8.0 overs, 0 wickets) 61
Olowe*44(29)

Reporter's Summary
oz fans XI SEeagles
Top Order: competent abysmal
Middle Order: feeble abysmal
Lower Order: worthless worthless
Seam Bowling: feeble abysmal
Spin Bowling: mediocre abysmal
Fielding: woeful woeful
Got a decent 20/20 group but my PFL's are quite bad at the moment.

Just bought this guy for $25,000.

Derek Northrop (1776960)

RH Batsman, RF Bowler, competent batting form, mediocre bowling form, lively fitness.
A destructive player with respectable leadership skills and abysmal experience.

Plays For: oz fans XI
Nationality: England
Battrick Rating: 4,085
Wages: £476 p/w

Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: mediocre Concentration: competent
Bowling: worthless Consistency: worthless
Fielding: worthless

Son Of Coco

Lost by 6 runs...forgot to set my team orders, but would have played more 2nd stringers anyway and lost by more. Lo and behold, 20/20 games today...I wanted to rest more players.

Johnners

May bid on Stroud once I've had my weekly financial update.

Be honest, has he just popped to superb? Not too big a deal but would be about 5% more likely to bid if he has any further training.
I think he may have had a week or 2 past superb, so nothing substantial. I stopped training him a few seasons ago (Don't ask why, regretting I did it :().

EDIT: Nah, just looking in the Archives, looks like I stopped him at superb unfortunately.

Last edited:

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
decent win against forumerly second place in my league. Islam with 6-32 as they were bowled out for 248, 50's for Mcewan, AKD and Howell. Aim is just to avoid a playoff, don't want to go up again. FC league is pretty much tied up already, in 7 games i've dropped one bowling point and thats cos the team i was playing declared 7 down for about 150 to stop me getting the last point.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
End of Over 15: 71-3, runrate=4.73
Tenius 4-1-8-1
Elmes* 33 (42 balls)
Dittmer 3 (12 balls)

Last Wicket: Tynan c. Samuel b. Tenius 29 (FOW: 65/3)

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
OD table at the half-way stage:
Code:
League: I.1

[B]Team 	          Pld 	Won 	Tie 	Lost 	Points 	Net RR[/B]
1. 	Asterix XI 	  7 	7 	0 	0 	28 	14.07
2. 	Borderliners 	  7 	6 	0 	1 	24 	10.73
3. 	Doobie Bombers 	  7 	5 	0 	2 	20 	3.06
4. 	NorCricket United 7 	4 	0 	3 	16 	5.72
Playing Borderliners in the next round, should determine if I'm going to win the league comfortably or if I have to fight for it. FC league is more or less wrapped up, should make the Cup final, and the BT20 format should make it a more manageable proposition this season. Hoping to win three titles at least.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Can't see the scorecard of my match. Dire. Know that we lost though. On reflection, could've won it easily even with my 2nd XI as they're a Div V side and their best player has a BT rating of 7k. We batted first with a reverse order and were 0-16 after 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.