• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [19/01/09] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Another ten wicket win, pretty sure I'll be able to get away with resting all my key players for every group match except one.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Brackenhurst - 196/4 off 20 overs
Abbey 57 (36)
Read 48* (29)
Burnip 45 (25)
Spicer 2/34 (4)

beat

Darwin Cowboys - 119/10 off 16.5 overs
Johal 40 (30)
Holmes 4/25 (3)
Hindle 2/23 (4)
Smart 2/27 (4)

Good hit-out I guess. Would've liked my openers to have scored some, changed my order around to give some blokes a rest, but most of them ended up in the middle. Selection drama bowling-wise for tomorrow's huge match. Worth staying up for. :)

oz_fan

International Regular
Had another good 10 wicket win today chasing down a decent total.

Bes Mudi Bandits won the toss and elected to bat.
First Innings of: Bes Mudi Bandits
Total (20.0 overs, 5 wickets) 180
Wills 3-25

First Innings of: oz fans XI
Total (18.0 overs, 0 wickets) 181
Graham 110*(57)
Olowe 68*(51)

Reporter's Summary
Bes Mudi Bandits oz fans XI
Top Order: feeble feeble
Middle Order: woeful woeful
Lower Order: worthless worthless
Seam Bowling: woeful woeful
Spin Bowling: feeble feeble
Fielding: feeble woeful

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
FFS lost by two runs against a D III side, looks like i wont be able to rest so many players next season. Just rested too many bowlers. Thats me out of Twenty20. Most annoying thing was that we were on top of the run rate for most of the match until the last 4-5 overs and then we scored at 7 an over, after going at 8 plus for the whole game.

Koh Chang Eels 4/166(20) Sishayi 3/31, Priyantha 2/38

best

Jaffna Jets 1/164(20) Clayton 91*(63), Ellis 59(52)

EARLOBE

State 12th Man
Won my last 2 games by 77 and 30 runs respectively.

Dhanda not out 115 62 13 2
Dhanda not out 112 57 13 5

Hopefully his T20 form can carry on through the season.

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Predictably getting smashed on a TIE against a side that won their Div V last season. Also playing lots of reserves to give my 'stars' a rest - my opponents are going at over 10 an over with no wickets down.

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Won my first three BT20 games at a canter. I've not got much by way of reserves, so it's mostly the 1st XI on TIE. Bowling first where possible, to try and keep the games short -- today's was over within an hour, with my bowlers restricting the opposition to 23ao.

I do have a seriously easy group, though. Just what I needed, after ending the league season with two consecutive GFIs.

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Realised just how much I have left to learn today - I was under the impression that in the same way that a TIE raises your TFL by 1-1.5 levels, GFI reduces it by about the same. I found out today that it pretty much halves it... So that's changed my tactics around a bit. Glad I learnt that now though.

TIE'd and played a bunch of reserves today (some of whom actually did pretty well) and lost, but embarrassingly so:

Urmston: 197/0 (20) Westwood 0/24 (4)
The Heath CC: 126/10 (18.3) Singh 45 (32), Gibson 34 (34)

Should win my game tomorrow - currently sitting in 3rd in my group.

trevor_vayro

U19 Vice-Captain
Cruising through my BT20 group on 3/3. Only have two games for which I need to PAN, the first of which is coming up tomorrow, and will most likely decide our group. DobbersXI are Strong/Resp/Wor - Strong/Prof/Feeb, pretty much the same as me, save for five levels on top order and a level on seam, so I suppose I'd really need to GFI to make 100% certain of winning, but I've figured that if I don't win tomorrow, I'll win all the rest, and with two qualifying out of the group, I'll try and conserve fitness for the knock-out stages

Dead Badger

State 12th Man
A hilariously abbreviated match today lasted all of 44 balls; 41 to bowl my opponents out for a grand total of 7, and three balls in which to chase said target. All of which netted me a nice NRR boost of about +15.

Shedite_Fighters 7/10 (6.5o), Oleary 2-1-3-3, Pead 3-1-4-5
Beard XI 8/1 (0.3o) Janes 8*

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
A hilariously abbreviated match today lasted all of 44 balls; 41 to bowl my opponents out for a grand total of 7, and three balls in which to chase said target. All of which netted me a nice NRR boost of about +15.

Shedite_Fighters 7/10 (6.5o), Oleary 2-1-3-3, Pead 3-1-4-5
Beard XI 8/1 (0.3o) Janes 8*
:laugh: Has to be one of the lowest scores of all time.

Selfish stuff by Janes tho. Should have taken the single second ball. :p

A little harder for me:

randy 107/9 (20) Johnson 33, Henderson 27; Tuck 3-19, Harris 2-8, Lewis 2-23. My two rusty and out-of-form competents were the main causes of the semi-high total, rotten side.

Dynamo Morpork 108/1 (11.2) Crouch 54, James 53*, Cable 1*

Sublime fitness ahead of tomorrow's match. If I win that I can TIE and rest players the rest of the way into the knockouts. Will be tough, but they are slightly more worn-out than my players.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
FFS lost by two runs against a D III side, looks like i wont be able to rest so many players next season. Just rested too many bowlers. Thats me out of Twenty20. Most annoying thing was that we were on top of the run rate for most of the match until the last 4-5 overs and then we scored at 7 an over, after going at 8 plus for the whole game.

Koh Chang Eels 4/166(20) Sishayi 3/31, Priyantha 2/38

best

Jaffna Jets 1/164(20) Clayton 91*(63), Ellis 59(52)
Argh, that hurts mate. :(

Big match for me tonight, if I lose it I can't finish Top 2, which means I'm on GFI, even with my players' fitness suffering. Gonna stay up to watch it. :thumbsup:

headhunter

International Vice-Captain
3/3 in BT20

The Mob CC 115/7 (20)
Caldwell 4-0-16-1

BEST Indies 119/1 (12.0)
Becconsall 62 (38)
Fordham 40 (24)

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
My last BT20 group match will decide which of us will take 2nd place, and we're both reasonably evenly matched....GFI ftw

Status
Not open for further replies.