• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [19/01/09] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, I would have reservations about taking it anywhere beyond exceptional/sensational ish. Too expensive at that point.

Hooper

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Anyone up for a Friendly this week?

Im not a complete noob, but not a gun - I have only been playing for about 4 months.

Give me a challenge:

St Michele CC

or look for my username:

Hooper

Cheers:)

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, I would say get him to wonderful. You may as well. Doesn't cost that much.
I'd probably take keeping to exceptional maximum. Don't know why, just seems like a good stopping place to me. It's where I'll stop my future keeping trainee.

Anyway, one pop, but I'm pretty stoked with it.

Code:
Jim Keane - 19 yo, BT Rating=27,669
RH Batsman, LM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, energetic
A steady player with respectable leadership skills and woeful experience.
Stamina: 	competent 	Wicket Keeping: 	worthless
Batting: 	[B]wonderful[/B] 	Concentration: 	proficient
Bowling: 	worthless 	Consistency: 	worthless
Fielding: 	abysmal
He's on a fielding net now as well, so he should pop again in conc and fielding before the end of the season, and by the end of next season he'll be sensational-remarkable.
Yeah, I would have reservations about taking it anywhere beyond exceptional/sensational ish. Too expensive at that point.

I guess taking him to exceptional wouldn't be that bad, depending on how soon he pops to remarkable (should be about 2 weeks), he should be exceptional by the end of next season, or at worst in the first few weeks of the season following. By that time, his secondaries will be gun tstl, and I will have probably ended his 2 batting nets as he should be wondeful batting by then.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Why stop him at wonderful? Make him an absolute gun - get him to sensational batting/exceptional w/k. That way, he will be effective in the higher leagues as your team promotes.

Bobisback

International Regular
Im taking my keeper to Remarkable, then stopping him. He will be a gun bat eventually though.

Code:
Gordon Beaumont - 19 yo, BT Rating=41,670
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, respectable batting form, respectable bowling form, energetic
A cautious player with mediocre leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: 	mediocre 	Wicket Keeping: superb
Batting: 	quality 	Concentration: 	[B]remarkable[/B]
Bowling: 	worthless 	Consistency: 	proficient
Fielding: 	worthless

Eric Poke - 21 yo, BT Rating=40,028
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, energetic
A steady player with feeble leadership skills and competent experience.
Stamina: 	respectable 	Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: 	worthless 	Concentration: 	abysmal
Bowling: 	[B]wonderful [/B]	Consistency: 	remarkable
Fielding: 	abysmal
Decent pops, Poke is now done.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
But if he's going to have a successful team, he will need some batsmen around that level. I don't see why it shouldn't be Moloto, considering he has the added advantage of awesome secondaries already, and he will be at that level sooner than anyone else Clapo has, therefore helping him more in both the short- and long-term. Around sensational is when the wages really start to jump, so they're not going to be too huge, even less so if he stops him at exceptional.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
But if he's going to have a successful team, he will need some batsmen around that level. I don't see why it shouldn't be Moloto, considering he has the added advantage of awesome secondaries already, and he will be at that level sooner than anyone else Clapo has, therefore helping him more in both the short- and long-term. Around sensational is when the wages really start to jump, so they're not going to be too huge, even less so if he stops him at exceptional.
I wasn't saying he shouldn't, I personally agree with you, I just assume that's what Crapham was thinking.

Johnners

Why stop him at wonderful? Make him an absolute gun - get him to sensational batting/exceptional w/k. That way, he will be effective in the higher leagues as your team promotes.
Wages may well be an issue, and it may also depend on wether or not i've found an allrounder who needs the batting net. I guess if that's the case though, I could leave Moloto with 1 batting net, and give the AR (If I get one) his other batting & 'keeping net (or even change the 'keeper net to batting as well).

Thats a whole season away though, and a lot may happen by then.

Johnners

Moloto won't be my only batsmen at that level, Harris (should pop to remarkable in 4-5 weeks) will actually be a better batsmen. But I see your point, and given what you said re: wages, I may as well go to exceptional/sensational.

Liam Harris - 18 yo, BT Rating=23,009
LH Batsman, LFM Bowler, strong batting form, superb bowling form, lively
A defensive player with woeful leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: quality Concentration: proficient
Bowling: woeful Consistency: abysmal
Fielding: mediocre

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Interesting to see players stop being trained at wonderful. I know Lucas, Sishayi and Murali wont be stopped there and Jeithoon already higher.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Nicolas Dhindsa - 18 yo, BT Rating=16,088
LH Batsman, LH Spin Bowler, strong batting form, superb bowling form, energetic
An attacking player with woeful leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: quality Concentration: respectable
Bowling: worthless Consistency: worthless
Fielding: worthless

My highest rated batsman now.

Bobisback

International Regular
Interesting to see players stop being trained at wonderful. I know Lucas, Sishayi and Murali wont be stopped there and Jeithoon already higher.
Im only stopping them as i need to train another middle order bat, I would love to train them another level, but my batting is seriously lacking.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Code:
Prsanna Jeithoon - 20 yo, BT Rating=64,455  
LH Batsman, LFM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, invigorated 
A defensive player with woeful leadership skills and feeble experience. 
Stamina: strong Wicket Keeping: worthless 
Batting: abysmal Concentration: competent 
Bowling: sensational Consistency: [B]remarkable [/B]
Fielding: competent
Sishayi pissing me off been 18 weeks since he popped to quality, should be remarkable by now.

EDIT: Updated team stats and Doug Clayton just become our first batsmen to score 5,000 runs for the club in ODs. And Jeithoon took his 150th wicket in the SF win over Jamee. :D

Last edited:

PY

International Coach
Greg Ferrell - 19 yo, BT Rating=22,265
RH Batsman, RM Bowler, woeful batting form, strong bowling form, energetic
A steady player with abysmal leadership skills and feeble experience.
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: woeful
Batting: worthless Concentration: worthless
Bowling: remarkable Consistency: superb

Harry Matthews - 20 yo, BT Rating=29,450
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, competent batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
An attacking player with superb leadership skills and woeful experience.
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: worthless
Bowling: remarkable Consistency: quality

Dave Taylor - 19 yo, BT Rating=26,703
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, woeful batting form, superb bowling form, energetic
An attacking player with feeble leadership skills and woeful experience.
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: woeful
Batting: wonderful Concentration: superb
Bowling: worthless Consistency: worthless
Fielding: woeful

My worst bowler is now remarkable-superb. :)

PY

International Coach
Only going to get better too as I'm training all five of 'em.

One shall be sold soon to bring in a decent all-rounder who I can train up to gun-ness.

Just need a batting line-up worthy of the name now. :laugh:

new_age_ar

First Class Debutant
Code:
Nishantha Warnakulasuriya - 17 yo, BT Rating=13,324  
LH Batsman, LH Spin Bowler, mediocre batting form, superb bowling form, drained 
An attacking player with feeble leadership skills and worthless experience. 
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: woeful 
Batting: [B]strong[/B] Concentration: mediocre 
Bowling: proficient Consistency: woeful 
Fielding: woeful
Hopefully he pops in bowling next week. I think his about 2 weeks off where I want him to be though. Oh well hopefully when his fielding and keeping nets kick in he will look better.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.