• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [19/01/09] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Weedon Warriors: 262
The Heath CC: 507/7dec
Weedon Warriors: 236 (71.2) Talbot 4/66, Hennessy 3/28

The Heath CC win by an innings and 9 runs (22 points)

:cool:

headhunter

International Vice-Captain
Cheap Wickets CC 580/10 (147.2) & 208/10 (58.0)

BEST Indies 210/10 (78.0) & 182/3 (46.0)

Match drawn. 2nd draw of the season. Still no way near getting off the bottom of the league.

Got a should win OD game tomorrow so could be a good week all-round.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Getting owned in my league match.

End of Over 17: 43-3, runrate=2.53
Willetts 2-0-14-0
Browne* 19 (20 balls)
Hamlin 6 (23 balls)

My main batsman just doesn't score runs anymore and I'll have to sell him. So frustrating. Has not been a good season for me, after this will be coming seventh in my OD League with not much hope of advancement.

nibbs

International Captain
sad day for whenuapai. former west indian international tel lee was today sold for £9,000,000. his final spell of bowling for the club was a stunning 9/24 which insured victory inside one day. an excellent performer for the club since the start of season 5, lee will be missed by all. the reasoning for lee's departure is mostly because of his inability to come to the fore in the big games, when the club needed him to take wickets. although he still was able to dominate weaker lineups, it was felt that at the age of 26 the club would be served better by someone younger.

i'm turning my attention now to pakistani international sharif wasim. the 21yo is exquisite/wonderful. i can bid up to about £14.5mil so i'm hopeful of securing his signature tomorrow morning in time for the one day match later in the day. so yeh, i've got dibs on him.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Batting first in the match that will most likely decide who finishes 2nd in our league. Extremely pleased with our start, as we'll need a big total with the oppositions strenght being their top order...

End of Over 31: 160-0, runrate=5.16
Rea 9-0-49-0
Stroud* 76 (103 balls)
Harris 70 (86 balls)

Bobisback

International Regular
Code:
End of Over 35: 133-5, runrate=3.80
Byles	8-0-44-0
Longrigg*	8 (10 balls)
Moleketi	57 (105 balls)
Last Wicket: Deakin c. Beaumont b. Sicelo 13 (FOW: 117/5)
Should be another easy win, but this team could easily get an upset.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Beautiful counter-attack from the two players I respect most.

Brackenhurst -
End of Over 36: 147-3, runrate=4.08
Botha 8-2-15-1
Browne* 70 (79 balls)
Hamlin 50 (78 balls)

Last Wicket: Hindle b. Crockett 11 (FOW: 24/3)

Hamlin is batting very sensibly, and Browne overtook his previous high score of 52*. Best captain ever.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
End of Over 40: 246-3, runrate=6.15
Delap 10-0-71-0
Dylan* 107 (99 balls)
De beer 70 (84 balls)

Will Dylan's 5th ton for the season top his highest score for the season of 109? Let's wait and see.

EDIT:

End of Over 41: 255-3, runrate=6.22
Wharrad 6-0-36-2
Dylan* 114 (103 balls)
De beer 72 (86 balls)

(Y)

EDIT2:

41.1 W Jennings to Dylan
Slower ball from Jennings and Dylan gets a leading edge. Brilliant one handed effort from Jennings and he's held on. Well done!

gagfc's

Last edited:

cricketboy29

International Regular
Got a question, in a match that I'm pretty sure to win, what would enhance my NRR more, batting first, getting a huge score and bowling them out cheaply or vice versa?

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Browne is ridiculous. What a player. Has to be up there on the "player-most-valuable-to-a-CW-BT-side" list.

End of Over 44: 203-3, runrate=4.61
Wick 7-0-51-0
Browne* 103 (109 balls)
Hamlin 73 (96 balls)

Doubles his previous high score, scoring his maiden ton, taking the team from a thrashing to a decent total, all in good time.

Last edited:

Bobisback

International Regular
Code:
End of Over 45: 165-10, runrate=3.67
Poke	7-1-17-5
Wilkerson*	2 (6 balls)
If i dont chase this, changes will be made!

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
End of Over 50: 274-3, runrate=5.48
Tedstone 10-0-69-0
Moloto* 5 (5 balls)
Appleyard 26 (25 balls)

Last Wicket: Ludlow b. Alfred 35 (FOW: 264/3)

Happy with that batting first, now just to dismiss his 3 & 4 (averaging 80 & 100 this season) cheaply...

cameeel

International Captain
Code:
End of Over 50: 308-5, runrate=6.16
Saich	10-1-65-2
Crowe*	75 (68 balls)
Byfield	108 (87 balls)
Pleased with that total, but i'm far from confident given the form of my bowling attack

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
End of Over 3: 11-2, runrate=3.67, reqrunrate=4.96 (243-6)
Verhoeven 2-0-4-0
Lund* 0 (0 balls)
Hangana 3 (8 balls)

Incredible start for us. There is no way we should be on top in this match. We nailed a run-out and then Lake clean bowled one of their best bats.

GAME ON!

EDIT:
3.4 W Lake to Hangana
Got him! He's got to go. That was as plumb as the plumbiest of plumbs. Lake trapped him right in front of the stumps. No hesitation from the umpire.

Haha, go you good thing!!

Bobisback

International Regular
Code:
End of Over 9: 46-1, runrate=5.11, reqrunrate=2.93 (165-10)
Tate	5-0-21-1
Hocking*	19 (20 balls)
Hiller	4 (1 balls)
Last Wicket: Alshaun c. Gomersall b. Tate 21 (FOW: 42/1)
Like usual Alshaun falls, will Hiller keep his unbeaten run going? Stay tuned.

EDIT:

9.3 W Mitchell to Hiller
That ball nipped back in off the seam and has done Hiller through the gate.

Oh crap.

Will i keep my unbeaten run going? Probably not. Another wicket and this game is over.

EDIT2:

Good to see Hocking doesnt care about me winning or not, just going for it.

10.4 4 Wilkerson to Hocking
Big slog sweep from Hocking, Moleketi is under it, but he can't reach it. It bounces just inside the rope. 4 runs.
10.3 4 Wilkerson to Hocking
Cracking shot for four by Hocking, E-akbar had barely moved by the time the ball slammed into the fence.
10.2 4 Wilkerson to Hocking
Foot to the pitch of the ball, angles the bat and runs it down behind square for a well conceived four.

Last edited:

nibbs

International Captain
i think its easier batting first. bowl them out cheaply then chase it down really fast. then again, score 350+ and bowl them out cheaply. works the same way really, the key i think is to roll your opponent for as fewer runs as possible

Status
Not open for further replies.