• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [19/01/09] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Some bots have okay players, around the 7000k mark who do alright. As a whole, they're pretty crap and my second XI full of competents wiped them up.

Dead Badger

State 12th Man
Heh; my opponent BT-mailed me out of the blue to say he's got no idea how this has happened either. "Bare-faced robbery" he described it as, which is a bit generous, but hey. :)

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bowled the opponents out for bugger all. Need more competition, but also better players.

oz_fan

International Regular
Looking like I'm going to get a victory in my match. Good result considering their big first innings total. Great second innings bowling from Gordon and Tranter.

End of Over 19 (5 runs). oz fans XI: 118-0, runrate=6.21 (1st Inn: 461-10)
Trail by 87 runs. (nails noobies 465-10 & 201-10)
Walcott 1-0-5-0
Olowe* 68 (60 balls)
Grahame 46 (56 balls)

Last edited:

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Always satisfying to beat an older team, innit? And he's been playing over a year and a half longer than you. :)
Yep! I'm pretty stoked. Got to take these last few wickets before the party starts though.

I have a bot tomorrow, so we should breeze through that. I'll give Kepler and Woods a run out though, just to be sure.

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
End of Over 63 (5 runs). Weedon Warriors: 211-7, runrate=3.35 (1st Inn: 262-10)
Trail by 34 runs. (The Heath CC 507-7 dec)
Liddle 14-3-42-1
Wharton* 40 (52 balls)
Henderson 58 (94 balls)

Last Wicket: Hume lbw b. Talbot 8 (FOW: 147/7)

:@

Anything I can do, they can do as well. These guys are fighters, looks like I might have to bat again. Very annoying.

Dead Badger

State 12th Man
Second innings even worse than the first; all out for 138, to lose by an innings and 128 chuffing runs. Ratings:

Code:
		Beard XI	hambledon Old Boys
Top Order:	strong		proficient
Middle Order:	mediocre	competent
Lower Order:	worthless	abysmal
Seam Bowling:	respectable	respectable
Spin Bowling:	feeble		useless
Fielding:	woeful		feeble
Riddle me that, Batman.

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Second innings even worse than the first; all out for 138, to lose by an innings and 128 chuffing runs. Ratings:

Code:
Riddle me that, Batman.
Rubbish. Sounds like the other guy was as surprised as you though? I guess it's just one of the quirks that go hand and hand with Battrick?

As for my game:

The players are off the field for lunch.

End of Over 69 (Maiden). Weedon Warriors: 229-8, runrate=3.32 (1st Inn: 262-10)
Trail by 16 runs. (The Heath CC 507-7 dec)
Hennessy 12-3-27-3
Wharton* 50 (67 balls)
Coppinger 0 (0 balls)

Last Wicket: Henderson b. Hennessy 66 (FOW: 229/8)

68.6 W Hennessy to Henderson
Ball pitched in the rough, moves back and makes a mess of the batsman's stumps. He totally misjudged that delivery.

Hennessy finally breaks their 8th wicket stand with the last ball before lunch. Touch and go as to whether we'll have to bat again. I have to go into Uni now, which is a bit of a bore. C'est la vie.

Bobisback

International Regular

Code:
Riddle me that, Batman.
Apart from the one level of top order he is better then you every else. Could have gone either way, not worthy of an innings loss though.

Dead Badger

State 12th Man
Well quite - I think even with my players at full fitness he would've been the slim favourite, but it's the sheer scale of the whupping that has me scratching my head. I didn't want to double-promote anyway, so no great loss, it's just a bit weird is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.