• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [19/01/09] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Jaffna Jets v the stevros army: Jets win by an innings and 136 runs

First Innings of: the stevros army 108 All Out
Jarrett 67(93), Willetts 4/18(10.1), Matharu 3/17(11)

First Innings of: Jaffna Jets 295 All Out
Muralitharan 135*(164), Quintin 33(45), Matharu 30(82)

Second Innings of: the stevros army 51 All Out
Jeithoon 5/10(8), Muralitharan 4/5(3.3)

Pretty much secures 2nd spot.

oz_fan

International Regular
Doing fairly well in my match and am hoping for a last day victory.

nails noobies won the toss and elected to bat.
First Innings of: nails noobies
Total (119.4 overs, 10 wickets) 465
Coletta 130(190)
Tranter 4-64
Carroll 2-89
Gordon 2-89

First Innings of: oz fans XI
Total (76.0 overs, 10 wickets) 461
Grahame 117(111)
Mohan 93(101)
Remaketse 47(33)

Second Innings of: nails noobies
Total (24.0 overs, 3 wickets) 97
Tranter 2-14
Gordon 1-28

Hoping to dismiss the oppossition midway through the second session and then score quick runs to chase a target.

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Start of the 2nd morning and after yesterday's performance, we are in a slightly precarious position. Weather forecast was for partially cloudy weather, but we now have partially cloudy and humid conditions, which could make batting particularly difficult this morning. If we lose our remaining wickets quickly, we're in trouble, but if we can equal their score of 262 and maybe build up a bit of a lead, we should be set up for a great finish.

End of Over 38 (4 runs). The Heath CC: 165-5, runrate=4.34
Trail by 97 runs. (Weedon Warriors 262-10)
Naysmith 9-0-48-1
Talbot* 8 (11 balls)
Bartlett 20 (40 balls)

Last Wicket: Gibson b. Binns 28 (FOW: 148/5)

Olwe

School Boy/Girl Captain
just about to declair, doing very well against a good team whcih is better then mine
(on paper),
End of Over 118 (10 runs). Fishs XI: 695-3, runrate=5.89
Lay 25-0-155-0
Abbott* 44 (38 balls)
Naysmith 177 (177 balls)

Last Wicket: Padayachie st. Rifler b. Blewett 90 (FOW: 609/3)

gives us a day and a half to bowl them out and for them to follow on unless they bat like they did last time (ended up as a close victory for my team.) both batted well and bowled not very well. as i am resting my three young futer playes (my best three players) and if we win this match we will have to play really badley (under 10pts per game) to not be premotted :happy:

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
End of Over 53 (7 runs). The Heath CC: 253-5, runrate=4.77
Trail by 9 runs. (Weedon Warriors 262-10)
Coppinger 16-0-73-1
Bartlett* 70 (95 balls)
Talbot 41 (46 balls)

Last Wicket: Gibson b. Binns 28 (FOW: 148/5)

Couldn't really have asked for a better response from Bartlett and Talbot this morning - they've scored at a good run rate against Coppinger and Naysmith. Both are tired, and yet both still took wickets in their first spells yesterday, so I'm really pleased. McMenamin is on now so I imagine wickets will start to fall, but it would be great to at least reach 300 odd.

Edit: How bizarre? McMenamin bowled one over which went for 2 runs, and has come off again?! Not complaining, but the other manager must be spitting pins, he's by far their most dangerous bowler.

Last edited:

cameeel

International Captain
Code:
[U]Kipper XI v Finnigan XI - Day 2[/U]
[B]
Kipper XI:[/B] 8dec-452

Byfield 171*

Sam 4-68

[B]Finnigan XI:[/B] 1-491

Tota 254*

Chambers 1-112

[B]Status:[/B] Finnigan XI lead by 39 runs
Deadset, my bowling attack is absolutely appalling, and as there aren't any bots in my FC league almost all my results end up being draws because the other team makes 500+ every innings.

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
The players are off the field for lunch.

End of Over 72 (11 runs). The Heath CC: 340-6, runrate=4.72
Lead by 78 runs. (Weedon Warriors 262-10)
Naysmith 19-0-112-1
Marrison* 46 (44 balls)
Bartlett 103 (153 balls)

Last Wicket: Talbot c. Wharton b. Clough 47 (FOW: 267/6)

Brilliant session for us - 179 runs scored for the loss of one wicket puts this firmly in our hands. Talbot was unfortunate to fall just short of his half century but Marrison has come in with a point to prove after being transfer listed and has smashed the bowling around in what could be his final match for The Heath CC.

Meanwhile, Bartlett has nudged and nurdled his way to what is undoubtedly his most valuable innings for the club so far. With Hennessy yet to come, we'll be looking to bat on this afternoon and continued to assert our superiority over Weedon Warriors.

Dead Badger

State 12th Man
Definitely playing for a draw in my match, having finally bowled them out for 429. Lost two early wickets though, but only one of them was a decent bat. Weirdly mismatched bowling I'm facing; at one end, 5-2-5-1, at the other, 5-0-37-1.

End of Over 11 (5 runs). Beard XI: 48-2, runrate=4.36
Trail by 381 runs. (hambledon Old Boys 429-10)
Travis 6-0-42-1
Janes* 22 (28 balls)
Alshaun 12 (21 balls)
Last Wicket: Platt lbw b. Stockdale 13 (FOW: 15/2)

Edit: Crap, this could turn nasty. Janes is gone, leaving Bromby as the last decent bat with the opening bowlers not even seen off yet. 50-3, trailing by lots. Bah!

Last edited:

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
I won!

Bowled them out just after lunch for something inconsequential. Hirst just missed out on a 10fer, while Hardy mopped up the tail to get 5 wickets for the innings.

A total of 5 overs from John, 21.3 for Hirst and 19 for Brooker means that my lot should be fighting fit for Friday. I'm not sure whether I want to throw Friday's match or not -- it's against Sherwood with his two internationals and one other BTR 140k player......we've had some pretty good games in the past, and I reckon I might be able to take him down. But then, I think that every time.

Next week's FC match is against Inter Yerma...if I beat him, I'll have a decent stab at the title...provided he slips up in his current game...he's 142/1, chasing 333/10...it might be too much in the time available.

And then I've got The Tykes in OD...a match that I _really_ want to win!

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
400 up - Bartlett gone for a superb 126 but Marrison could be on for his maiden century.

End of Over 86 (Maiden). The Heath CC: 403-7, runrate=4.69
Lead by 141 runs. (Weedon Warriors 262-10)
Mcmenamin 18-3-41-3
Hennessy* 4 (3 balls)
Marrison 81 (92 balls)

Last Wicket: Bartlett c. Wharton b. Mcmenamin 126 (FOW: 392/7)

Dead Badger

State 12th Man
This is all going to **** here. Just bad luck really, but still annoying.

End of Over 37 (1 runs). Beard XI: 118-6, runrate=3.19
Trail by 311 runs. (hambledon Old Boys 429-10)
Webster 1-0-1-0
Bromby* 48 (78 balls)
Liddle 1 (17 balls)
Last Wicket: Oleary c. Philip b. Knowles 0 (FOW: 115/6)

At this rate I'll be forced to follow on. You'd hope it wouldn't go this badly two innings in a row since we're pretty evenly matched, but this is still slightly worrying.

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
At this rate I'll be forced to follow on. You'd hope it wouldn't go this badly two innings in a row since we're pretty evenly matched, but this is still slightly worrying.
Ouch, 8 down now :mellow:

End of Over 107 (7 runs). The Heath CC: 480-7, runrate=4.49
Lead by 218 runs. (Weedon Warriors 262-10)
Naysmith 25-0-153-1
Hennessy* 45 (69 balls)
Marrison 113 (154 balls)

Last Wicket: Bartlett c. Wharton b. Mcmenamin 126 (FOW: 392/7)

Things are looking rosy for us - Marrison gets transfer listed and promptly scores a century. We're set to declare at 500 so hopefully we can get there without giving them another bowling point. Never thought we'd get anywhere near the declaration target when we set out this morning though.

Dead Badger

State 12th Man
All out for 163, my second-lowest innings of the season. Not best pleased. Following on now, and the lads have managed four whole overs without losing a wicket. Progress!

Edit: Augh! Janes goes for another bugger-all score. Why can't my (awesome, cautious, defensive-ordered) batsmen bat for toffee on this pitch, when his distinctly average middle and lower order patted the ball around like Boycotts for a day and a bit? It fills me with grrrrr.

Last edited:

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
End of Over 70 (1 runs). yorkshire sixhitters: 322-5, runrate=4.60
Trail by 49 runs. (Tartan Tyrants 371-10)
Ohanlon 21-3-63-2
Bridges m* 10 (12 balls)
Armstrong 2 (6 balls)
Last Wicket: Steyn lbw b. Ohanlon 34 (FOW: 309/5)

Very much deadlocked my game. Hopefully we will get all the batting points and find some way forcing a win out of all this

Dead Badger

State 12th Man
Blow this for a game of soldiers; I have absolutely no idea what's going on here. Platt goes for sweet **** all, and it's Bromby or nowt. Again. Still down by 193 runs and I'm looking at an innings defeat.

Hopefully this is karma pre-emptively taking payment for Liverpool's 9-0 victory to be played out tonight.

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Weedon Warriors: 262 (72.5) Hennessy 4/34
The Heath CC: 507/7dec (113) Marrison 132*, Bartlett 126, Gardiner 61, Hennessy 53*
Weedon Warriors: 101/5 (34) Talbot 2/21, Hennessy 2/25

With yesterday's performance being one of the least impressive of the season, today's display was right up at the other end of the spectrum. Resuming on a distinctly unstable 161/5 after a poor display by the top and middle order yesterday afternoon, century stands for the 6th wicket (119), 7th wicket (125) and 8th wicket (115*) partnerships powered The Heath CC up to a dominant 507/7 declared. With almost all of the evening session remaining, it was the turn of the Weedon Warriors top order to crumble, with van der Merwe (26) and Lak****ha (16) unable to repeat their first innings heroics. The Heath CC will hope to polish the tail off quickly tomorrow morning, without giving their top order batsmen a chance to atone for their mediocre performance on Tuesday evening.

headhunter

International Vice-Captain
3 wickets more than you usually take. Your opponent's name seems apt.
:laugh: So true

Cheap Wickets CC 580/10 (147.2)
BEST Indies 204/7 (72.0)

And with that batting performance comes my first ever bonus batting points.
Dunno if I'll be able to keep batting to avoid the follow-on. Would be happy to drag a draw from this one.

Last edited:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Game against the number four on the table over in two days, obviously had some luck with the early dismissals (though Keigher's average did go further down in the second dig)

Dynamo Morpork 402 for one declared

Blue Hoops CC 172 all out (60.1)
W Jeffrey 108*; D Tuck 7/32 (16.1), G Harris 3/37 (13)

Blue Hoops CC 301 all out (80.1, f/o)
W Jeffrey 148, C Keigher 110; D Tuck 4/55 (23.1), C Meadows 2/39 (10)

Dynamo Morpork 72 for nought (9.5)
J Crouch 48*, D James 26*

Dynamo Morpork won by ten wickets

Tuck has 47 wickets @ 15.85 now, and Crouch's average hsa gone up from 48.70 to 75.30.

However, the runners-up in the league are closing in on a 20-point win (368-1d & 109-8 losing to 375 all out) so I'll only have an eight-point cushion when I'm playing them in two weeks. With only us two in it right now, I think it might be a tactic to play for the draw.

Status
Not open for further replies.