• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [19/01/09] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
End of Over 20 (Maiden). Holden: 72-9, runrate=3.60 (1st Inn: 267-10)
Trail by 451 runs. (Victoria Panthers 432-1 dec & 358-1 dec)
Hook 10-6-7-9
Middleton* 36 (59 balls)
Gallagher 0 (2 balls)

Hook-so gun.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I declared 200 runs ahead, with Joe Michael making 206* and Paul Ohalloran 191*. Should bowl them out without having to bat again I'm hoping.

EARLOBE

State 12th Man
I'm a bit sick of this partnership. I didn't get to set my bowling orders this morning so my PFL is going to be messed up for tomorrow's game.

End of Over 52 (2 runs). Willunga: 182-4, runrate=3.50 (1st Inn: 213-10)
Trail by 234 runs. (Male Models 629-7 dec)
Athukorala 8-1-35-0
Warne* 90 (138 balls)
Patterson 37 (105 balls)
Last Wicket: Kerefese c. Daniel b. Hammond 1 (FOW: 62/4)

Bobisback

International Regular
-

113.3 W Xingwana to Soares
Got him! Hit on the toe, plumb in front and Soares may be nursing a broken toe along with his shattered pride.
113.2 . Xingwana to Soares
Flat, quickish ball on off stump, Soares shuffles back, defending from the crease up towards mid off.
113.1 W Xingwana to Baxter
Gone! Baxter can't believe he has been given, and to make matters worse it appears Xingwana is telling Baxter he saw the edge.

Lazy **** Poke, get back on.

Edit:

118.3 W Senior to Bridges m
Gone! Bridges m can't believe he has been given, and to make matters worse it appears Senior is telling Bridges m he saw the edge.

Poke looking at only 15 here tbh.

Last edited:

Bobisback

International Regular
Poke takes 16 for the match, gun effort, not up to my standards though.

End of Over 129 (4 runs). Flexibles: 605-10, runrate=4.69 (1st Inn: 200-10)
Lead by 3 runs. (Four Pillars and Poor Fillers 802-4 dec)
Poke 35-12-59-6
Gallop* 184 (269 balls)

Have to chase 3, predicting first ball 4.

EDIT:
0.3 4 Campbell to Hocking
Textbook cover drive. That's four.
0.2 1 Campbell to Alshaun
Campbell swings it in late and Alshaun manages to flick it away to deep square leg. They run the first run hard, but Gallop is a good enough fielder to keep them down to a single. Good cricket all round.
0.1 . Campbell to Alshaun
Gently played back down the pitch.

3rd ball 4 is good enough.

Last edited:

EARLOBE

State 12th Man
Ugh.. Looks like I'm not going to get a win out of this. My bowling attack is hopeless.

End of Over 88 (1 runs). Willunga: 268-5, runrate=3.05 (1st Inn: 213-10)
Trail by 148 runs. (Male Models 629-7 dec)
Barrass 25-4-74-3
Morne* 22 (90 balls)
Warne 128 (244 balls)
Last Wicket: Patterson c. Malik b. Foulkes 37 (FOW: 195/5)

Bobisback

International Regular
Ugh.. Looks like I'm not going to get a win out of this. My bowling attack is hopeless.

End of Over 88 (1 runs). Willunga: 268-5, runrate=3.05 (1st Inn: 213-10)
Trail by 148 runs. (Male Models 629-7 dec)
Barrass 25-4-74-3
Morne* 22 (90 balls)
Warne 128 (244 balls)
Last Wicket: Patterson c. Malik b. Foulkes 37 (FOW: 195/5)
Batting Warnie.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
The bot made 246 against my two competent bowlers basically, who laboured away for about 30 overs each. Meanwhile, Bennie bowls about 6 and takes 3-6. Gun.

Last edited:

EARLOBE

State 12th Man
My game ended up a draw, he set his whole lineup to very defensive and I just didn't have a good enough attack to get through them.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
i got pumped this fc game.
after having them in trouble on the first morning they come back and beat me by an innings and some.

First Innings of: TimeLords
Total (135.0 overs, 7 wickets declared.) 608 (and had em 3 - 22)

First Innings of: caves_beachcc
Total (48.3 overs, 10 wickets) 157

Second Innings of: caves_beachcc
Total (66.5 overs, 10 wickets) 209

Dead Badger

State 12th Man
Still making somewhat heavy weather of getting through my opponent's batting on another sunny day. Oleary, as usual, makes the breakthrough but his spell's about to end. I should be able to score at about 5 an over against his attack, but I'd like to be batting again by at least tea. Would be slightly miffed to see this peter out to a draw.

End of Over 43 (2 runs). KFC Select XI: 144-2, runrate=3.35 (1st Inn: 329-10)
Trail by 34 runs. (Beard XI 507-2 dec)
Oleary 18-3-47-2
Bunn* 73 (135 balls)
Shoe 3 (9 balls)

Edit: Huge one-two punch from Marriott and Wilde, breaking the back of my opponent's middle order in the space of four balls. Unexpected but great.

End of Over 46 (Maiden). KFC Select XI: 155-4, runrate=3.37 (1st Inn: 329-10)
Trail by 23 runs. (Beard XI 507-2 dec)
Wilde 5-1-10-1
Bunn* 75 (138 balls)
Du plessis 0 (5 balls)

Also, that's odd: I changed some of my bowling aggression settings overnight, and my bowlers' spells for this innings seem to have reset; Pead and Oleary both came back for 9 over spells after only 5 overs' rest, now I look at the commentary. That's a bit weird.

Last edited:

trevor_vayro

U19 Vice-Captain
My game is meandering towards a draw, and if I'm honest, they now have more of a chance of pulling off a surprise win than I do. At Lunch Ruatha are 307/4, leading by 249. Bewers and carlton had a good spell first up, but it all went to rat**** nearing the break.

Off for a pint, to see if that does the trick, Trev

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Well bugger me backwards!

This match looked oh-so-easy when I was cruising along at 300/3, having bowled Weston's Whackers out for just 95. But their bowlers fought back, sparking a collapse -- all out for 321.

No matter, I thought -- they probably won't even make up the deficit with their second innings.

Wrong! My lack of firepower (and a very poor performance from John) meant that they made it to 316, leaving me a target of 91 for the win, on a wearing pitch in bowler-friendly conditions.

The chase started badly, with Perry out for a diamond duck. Sandwith and McGregor pulled it together, until the latter was caught out -- 32/2, and Reed came striding in...only to make 10 and get out, trying too hard against a relative numpty -- the only wicket in either of my innings not to go to their two top bowlers.

57/3, and the game was evenly poised. But then, WICKET! WICKET! 64/5 -- just Sandwith and the tail left.

WICKET! WICKET! 66/7, and it's looking all but over.

Then, absolutely incredible stuff, as Sandwith drags out 15 for the last wicket, after a collapse from from 57/3 to 76/9.

A 1-wicket win. Bloody hell.

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Congrats Mahindinho.

I'm surprised you live to tell the tale. :D
Heh :)

Two very strange (and alliterative) battles between Withington Wonderers and Weston's Whackers this season:

1. At home, I manage to pull a win from absolutely nowhere!
Them: 219ao
Me: 79ao
Them: 48ao
Me: 191/7

2. Away, I almost manage to conjure defeat out of certain victory!
Them: 95ao
Me: 321ao
Them: 316ao
Me: 91/9

4 Ws in the team names, and plenty more in the commentary!

I've had so many close finishes this season -- I'm in talks with the St. John Ambulance over a kit sponsorship deal :ph34r:

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
End of Over 37 (1 runs). Everton_Aggro: 96-7, runrate=2.59 (1st Inn: 238-10)
Trail by 166 runs. (yorkshire sixhitters 129-10 & 371-10)
Bridges m 2-0-3-2
Catt* 54 (113 balls)
Johnson 0 (1 balls)
Last Wicket: Malawarachchi c. Armstrong b. Bridges m 0 (FOW: 96/7)

And the sixhitters drag another vicrory from the jaws of defeat in FC, looks like we are gonna win only our second Home victory in Fc cricket this season

Status
Not open for further replies.