• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [19/01/09] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Unlucky there Cammo - good ratings though. I just had a crushing, ten-wicket GFI win over my biggest competition in my league, which I was able to enjoy thanks to Altoz. Bowled them out for 114 - Ralph took 6/19, Mcmillan 2/25 - then chased it within 21 overs, 0/115, with Gray 59* and Bhutia 51*.

But most of all, I'm amazed at my ratings. The best I have ever got, by an absolute mile. This is also with Mullis, Mulholland, Ralph & Mcmillan still struggling a bit with PFL:

Anchormen
Top Order: exceptional
Middle Order: strong
Lower Order: abysmal
Seam Bowling: remarkable
Spin Bowling: miraculous
Fielding: mediocre

:D

Thanks again to Altoz.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
End of Over 17: 61-8, runrate=3.59, reqrunrate=3.91 (189-10)
Peacock 4-1-12-0
Siyabonga* 28 (28 balls)
Murphy 4 (18 balls)
Last Wicket: Bennie Run Out 4 (FOW: 45/8)

Didn't play Gleeso or Knowles (or Mills. Forget which) this game. If we had, we might've rolled them for 89 again and been a slim chance of winning. Ugh.

Bobisback

International Regular
Won by 9 wickets, Hiller yet to be dismissed in the league.

Hiller's run this season in the league:
DNB, 93*(85), 23*(20), 82*(110), DNB, 53*(56), 73*(70), 43*(45)

Four Pillars and Poor Fillers
Top Order: strong
Middle Order: mediocre
Lower Order: worthless
Seam Bowling: proficient
Spin Bowling: wonderful
Fielding: worthless

Meh TIE ratings

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
End of Over 18: 84-4, runrate=4.67, reqrunrate=10.06 (405-2)
Stonebridge 4-0-14-1
Croxon* 10 (15 balls)
Carty 36 (43 balls)

Last Wicket: Tebello b. Stonebridge 0 (FOW: 67/4)

Our batting was gun as.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Won by 9 wickets and sold Dolan a Strong 18 yr old allrounder for 5.7 m. Now have 9.9 m in the bank :cool: Any ideas on what i should do with it? Based on my team of course.

cameeel

International Captain
Nifty Ninjas v Kipper XI

Kipper XI: 2-319

Dove 113*
Khulelaphi 111

Mahmood 1-43

Nifty Ninjas: 8-316

Hyams 148
Rogerson 98*

Chambers 5-44

Result: Kipper XI win by 3 runs

MotM: Chambers (5-44)

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Darn it, cloudy and windy for today's game which will probably stop me from getting in as big a crowd as I might have done otherwise. Playing close rivals today who have strong batting but knackered bowling, and we're on an uneven pitch. I think I'm going to bowl first if I win the toss and go for damage limitation, and hope Kepler and Caldwell can chase down their total. I'll be confident chasing down anything under 250. Should be a great game though...

Dead Badger

State 12th Man
My OD season's crunch match today, against the guy who came down from IV. Win, and I'm looking set fair for autopromotion. Lose, and I need to win next week to ensure a play-off. Facing a long-but-unspectacular batting lineup and a threatening spinner, have set defensive orders on a flat pitch. A bit nervous - beat this team handily last time out despite a dusty pitch, but I have no real idea how that happened. Should be some excitement though.

On a GFI, henceforth to be referred to as a "G to the Fizzle" in a shout out to my homies who didn't make it. Peace.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
had a good win today!
rested a few key players which was good, the result looks like a bot but they do have a manager so wierd stuff..

caves_beachcc won the toss and elected to bat.
First Innings of: caves_beachcc (play as normal)
Schofield c. Fondse b. Kwan 102(93)
Skipper 178*(140)
Longthorn (+) 100*(68)

First Innings of: Vick's X1
Total (8.4 overs, 10 wickets) 22
Deacon 5 - 11 of 4.4 overs
Farmer 5 - 11 of 4 overs
takes me to outright 3rd...
League: V.56

Team Pld Won Tie Lost Points Net RR
1. Junior Cullip + 10 Others 8 8 0 0 32 24.71
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2. Capalaba Turks 8 6 0 2 24 4.73
3. caves_beachcc 8 5 0 3 20 10.78
4. try m3 8 4 0 4 16 11.71
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
5. Hodges Hawks 8 4 0 4 16 11.36
6. Stewie XI 8 4 0 4 16 -0.46
7. Vick's X1 8 1 0 7 4 -7.45
8. Blackbutt CC 8 0 0 8 0 -55.39

going ok in one day hopefully i can have a shot at the playoffs

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
My OD season's crunch match today, against the guy who came down from IV. Win, and I'm looking set fair for autopromotion. Lose, and I need to win next week to ensure a play-off. Facing a long-but-unspectacular batting lineup and a threatening spinner, have set defensive orders on a flat pitch. A bit nervous - beat this team handily last time out despite a dusty pitch, but I have no real idea how that happened. Should be some excitement though.

On a GFI, henceforth to be referred to as a "G to the Fizzle" in a shout out to my homies who didn't make it. Peace.
Dude, you're beating the crizzle out of them... 15/5 at the moment. Nice going, fo' shizzle.

Played a match and received £126435 in gate receipts.
Loving my new stadium... Two weeks ago I played my first OD game there and didn't make 100k.

Dead Badger

State 12th Man
Dude, you're beating the crizzle out of them... 15/5 at the moment. Nice going, fo' shizzle.
Word. Hot Jesus! Oleary just made it 17-9! Finishes his first spell with 5-1-7-7 having taken out about 90k BTR of batsmen in 5 overs. Safe to say I did not foresee this match going quite so well.

Stadium upgrades are great, aren't they? Oh hey - did you notice a jump in your FC gates as well? Cos while my old stadium was never sold out before my last upgrade, there was still a noticeable increase in FC money afterwards, and it seemed more than just morale/weather would account for. Was wondering if FC spectators prefer a bigger ground, even if it's not full.

Edit: 19ao. Hell yeah.

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Stadium upgrades are great, aren't they? Oh hey - did you notice a jump in your FC gates as well? Cos while my old stadium was never sold out before my last upgrade, there was still a noticeable increase in FC money afterwards, and it seemed more than just morale/weather would account for. Was wondering if FC spectators prefer a bigger ground, even if it's not full.
Yeah I did, although I was close to maxing out members and sitting and I didn't have any covered seating. My member's confidence has also shot up as well since then. But I think there definitely is an improvement in attendance in FC when you upgrade, even if you weren't maxing out your stand before. I have loads more people coming along and standing at games, for instance.

Meanwhile, Westwood has just taken a spanking in his first over. Would like some wickets please, and if we could stop leaking runs, that would be just peachy.

End of Over 11: 59-0, runrate=5.36
Westwood 1-0-11-0
Powell* 33 (36 balls)
Raven 25 (30 balls)

Olwe

School Boy/Girl Captain
we are bowleing rearly well at the moment, and i need this to keep bowling licke this in the CW cup as well

Welcome to Moffits_Pros CG for the match between Moffits_Pros and Fishs XI.

End of Over 11: 32-2, runrate=2.91
Mathers 1-0-2-1
Cammidge* 8 (14 balls)
Nokwe 0 (2 balls)

Last Wicket: Leacock c. Cave b. Mathers 15 (FOW: 32/2)

Dead Badger

State 12th Man
Meanwhile, Westwood has just taken a spanking in his first over. Would like some wickets please, and if we could stop leaking runs, that would be just peachy.
Ouch, he is taking a bit of stick, but those are some decent batsmen he's up against. You really weren't kidding about your opponent's bowlers, though. They're basically dead. Could end up being a record combined score for a cracked pitch. :)

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Ouch, he is taking a bit of stick, but those are some decent batsmen he's up against. You really weren't kidding about your opponent's bowlers, though. They're basically dead. Could end up being a record combined score for a cracked pitch. :)
Yikes, I'd forgotten how good they actually are... Platt's in next and he's pretty handy as well. Considering Westwood is comp/med, he's actually doing alright. I managed to limit them to 258/2 last time - I'd be well pleased if I could match that. Their bowlers destroyed my top order last time round, but with Kepler and Caldwell in the side this time and their bowlers being dead on their feet, I'm hopeful that we can dominate them.

Edit: Expensive over but Talbot gets the breakthrough

22.6 2 Talbot to Platt
Played back past Talbot with the full face of the bat. Two runs.
22.5 W Talbot to Raven
And that's out! Absolutley no foot movement from Raven as he tries to cut a short wide ball but only succeeds in cannoning the ball into his stumps. Talbot is delighted!
22.4 . Talbot to Raven
Talbot stops that brilliantly with great reactions. Shame he stopped it with his knee. Ouch that has to hurt!
22.3 1 Talbot to Powell
Shapes away from the batsman, who plays it to leg for a single.
22.2 4 Talbot to Powell
Shot! One of the best as Talbot drops it in a bit too short and Powell rocks back on the crease, eyeing it very quickly, pulling powerfully through vacant mid wicket.
22.1 4 Talbot to Powell
That’ll push the run rate on. Cracking shot.

Last edited:

Dead Badger

State 12th Man
Talbot strikes again; one more and you're into some distinctly average batting...

My match is done and dusted before midday; could blow me down with a feather. Can't wait to see the ratings, but it was over so quickly the scoreboard isn't coming up. :ph34r:

And that's the end of the match. Beard XI won by 9 wickets.
Fair enough 19-10
Beard XI 23-1

Oleary with a spectacular 5-1-7-7 for his best-ever OD return. Liebenberg top scoring with, um, 11. Bromby had the decency to get out early doors to give the oppo a consolation wicket, but otherwise that was so smooth either I've completely mis-assessed my opponent, or GFI really stands for Go F***ing Insane (on they asses).

Edit: Nice.

Code:
		Beard XI	Fair enough
Top Order:	strong		proficient
Middle Order:	respectable	feeble
Lower Order:	abysmal		worthless
Seam Bowling:	strong		respectable
Spin Bowling:	respectable	sensational
Fielding:	feeble		feeble

Last edited:

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Myself being in equal 2nd place am up against team in 4th place this week and i find myself in a spot of bother.

End of Over 27: 121-4, runrate=4.48
Mcgivern 7-1-14-0
Edgehill* 28 (52 balls)
King 25 (52 balls)
Last Wicket: Dangasela Run Out 0 (FOW: 68/4)

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Talbot does really well for me in Div V actually, considering he's a comp/abys bat and med/comp bowler. I'm hoping that the stage might be set for him and Woods to come back in the last 10 overs and blow their tail away. Platt and McKay are hitting out a bit now though - 19 from the last 2 overs.

End of Over 29: 155-2, runrate=5.34
Talbot 5-0-28-2
Platt* 15 (9 balls)
Mckay 16 (20 balls)

Last Wicket: Powell lbw b. Talbot 72 (FOW: 128/2)

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Woods gets a much needed wicket to leave Coatham Sloggers on 252/3 in the 43rd over. Hopefully this will be the start of a collapse...

Edit: And sure enough he gets one with the last ball of the over. Two new batsmen at the crease.

Edit: C'MON WOODSY!

44.3 W Woods to Bone
Bone's belted that one, but he wasn't in control and so it didn't come off the middle of the bat. It's going to be either a six or a wicket. Gibson steadies himself... OUT! Safe hands young man, you can carry the beers later!

44.1 W Woods to Baird
Baird throws the bat at a slightly wide one, but manages only to clump it vertically. Gardiner waves his colleagues out of the way and claims the easiest of catches.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.