• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [19/01/09] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Just confirming that the 2nd innings decleration target is the actual amount of runs you make in the 2nd innings, not the lead you have...

PY

International Coach
Bit annoyed. Total number of days = 2, total number of overs bowled = 234.4?

Lost the game in the 2nd day somehow as the engine carried on running the game even though the 220 overs had been bowled. If I get to keep the revenue generated from the bug then fine but otherwise, is this a common problem?

Other than that, everything is going to plan. 1st XI are almost up to top fitness again now so shouldn't have any problems with my game this weekend.

Last edited:

headhunter

International Vice-Captain
BEST Indies 114/10 (43.5) & 138/10 (47.4)

Rudgelevens 223/10 (75.4) & 31/1 (7.0)

Rudeglevens win by 9 wickets

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
I managed 427/3 on day 1, and declared at 430. It was all going to plan, as I bowled the opposition out for 141 before tea and enforced the follow-on. Unfortunately, they're now 83/0 after 34 overs.

Bugger. My bowlers will be knackered out if they don't break through soon :(

Dead Badger

State 12th Man
Bit annoyed. Total number of days = 2, total number of overs bowled = 234.4?
Some poor bastard in India IV deliberately didn't set a declaration total in order to take his match to a third day, only to see his team bat for 197 overs in a single day. There seem to be some massive problems in BT India. I can't for the life of me imagine why a bug would strike only one country, but it seems to be the case.

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
How's this for bizarre?

The Heath CC: 363/2dec
Jacksons Giants: 193
Jacksons Giants (following on): 282/5 dec
The Heath CC: 19/0

Jacksons Giants were going pretty well in their second innings, but randomly declared with a lead of just 112. Their bowlers are knackered and we're batting on a H+F in sunny weather, so winning will be a formality. Why would they declare like that? :wacko:

nibbs

International Captain
looks like my current match is heading for a draw, unless my batsmen get a move on, and my bowlers then perform something similar to last week. oh well

End of Over 32 (5 runs). Whenuapai CC: 135-1, runrate=4.22
Trail by 333 runs. (Trafalgar Knights 468-10)

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
End of Over 34 (Maiden). *** Pistols: 58-2, runrate=1.71 (1st Inn: 167-10)
Trail by 385 runs. (Tawonga Tigers 610-5 dec)
Mills 17-6-23-2
Barker* 11 (38 balls)
Carden 13 (89 balls)
Last Wicket: Mills c. Ghandi b. Mills 11 (FOW: 40/2)

I think my opposition set themselves to bat very defensively. Expecting the bowling change to make a difference.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
How rediculous is this?

Dessie Robson (1556909)

RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, low
A steady player with worthless leadership skills and worthless experience.

Plays For: Vodka Sandwhich
Nationality: West Indies
Battrick Rating: 18,203
Wages: £1,715 p/w
Processing ...
Stamina: strong Wicket Keeping: respectable
Batting: abysmal Concentration: abysmal
Bowling: strong Consistency: competent
Fielding: abysmal Processing ...

Going for 3.8 m with still another 12 or so hrs left.

Son Of Coco

Wrapped up a second consecutive victory over the previous number 1 team by an innings...511/3 declared vs 110/10 and 135/10.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
End of Over 63 (Maiden). *** Pistols: 109-3, runrate=1.73 (1st Inn: 167-10)
Trail by 334 runs. (Tawonga Tigers 610-5 dec)
Knowles 22-8-37-0
Mason* 12 (37 balls)
Barker 27 (128 balls)
Last Wicket: Carden c. Rhodes b. Brayley 30 (FOW: 91/3)

Frustrating. (n)

Last edited:

andyc

Torn about whether to GFI or PAN my next game. Can anyone tell me what effect GFIing has on your PFLs?

Johnners

Code:
End of Over 41 (7 runs). Aussie Scousers: 172-3, runrate=4.20 (1st Inn: 253-10) 
Trail by 135 runs. (Opening Balance 393-10 & 167-3 dec) 
Walton 3-0-15-0 
Murray* 73 (90 balls) 
Tailor 70 (110 balls)

Last Wicket: Guneratne c. Verhoeven b. Groves 0 (FOW: 17/3)
Could really do with a wicket here. These 2 were always going to be my stumbling block, with wages of 18k & 16k. If i can get 1 of them out, i should be able to clean up the rest of the batting fairly easily. If.....

Code:
End of Over 50 (Maiden). Aussie Scousers: 213-4, runrate=4.26 (1st Inn: 253-10) 
Trail by 94 runs. (Opening Balance 393-10 & 167-3 dec) 
Verhoeven 10-4-23-1 
Murray* 94 (118 balls) 
Mcgregor 0 (3 balls)

Last Wicket: Tailor c. Meyer b. Verhoeven 86 (FOW: 213/4)
Yesss, Verhoeven gets the breakthrough with the 3rd ball of a new spell. I'm back in this :cool:

Last edited:

nibbs

International Captain
hmm

Trafalgar Knights - 468ao & 2/6
Whenuapai CC - 3/454dec.

Well, hopefully Graham and Vermaak can take 8 wickets in good time tomorrow. Given what happened in the first innings I'm somewhat pessimistic.

=================================================================

Oh btw, Lee, Sensational/Quality spinner with Proficient stamina and international experience, is for sale. Asking price £12 million

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Torn about whether to GFI or PAN my next game. Can anyone tell me what effect GFIing has on your PFLs?
I haven't done any specific research on it, but I've GFI'd three games so far this season and I reckon pfl has gone down by somewhere between 1.5 to 2 levels (most of my players have mediocre stamina, a couple are competent). The pfl hits aren't as bad as I thought they would be, which is a relief, because I've had a lot of tight games this season and so far GFI'ing has made the difference. I'll be using it again on Friday.

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
whats gfling?

excuse my dopeness
GFI is short for 'go for it!' making GFI-ing 'go for it-ing!' which grammatically speaking, is deeply unsound. And me an English student as well. I've just started a sentence with 'and'. Shoot me now...

Speaking of GFI-ing, I wish my openers would get off their arses and GFI this morning. Unbelievably turgid stuff after Jacksons Giants erroneous declaration yesterday - I think they've set their bowlers to very defensive in a valiantly pointless attempt to stop me from scoring the 94 runs I needed for victory at the start of the day. That said, Grant has just hit the first boundary of the morning. Bravo. Now get on with it and finish them off before I have to go into Uni.

End of Over 14 (5 runs). The Heath CC: 48-0, runrate=3.43 (1st Inn: 363-2 dec)
Trail by 64 runs. (Jacksons Giants 193-10 & 282-5 dec)
Guppy 7-0-28-0
Bartlett* 20 (35 balls)
Grant 24 (52 balls)

Edit: Bartlett plays out a maiden. Good form.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.