• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [19/01/09] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobisback

International Regular
End of Over 38: 140-9, runrate=3.68, reqrunrate=1.00 (151-10)
Shafilshuna 9-0-24-2
Sturdy* 47 (66 balls)
Rawstorne 10 (32 balls)
Last Wicket: Walton lbw b. Watts 2 (FOW: 110/9)

Tozzer in trouble, if he loses, im so going to lol.

PY

International Coach
Don't know whether to raise a query about this on sledging because it's getting a little annoying.

My ratings just don't seem to add up properly. I'm still getting useless lower order which I didn't think was actually possible if you have players with fitness of invig upto sublime, I'm getting a superb spin rating when I have two remarkable-superb spinners with sublime/energetic PFL and my batting levels have each dropped one from what they were.

Thought it was PFL but my whole team is pretty much fully fit and yet the ratings are still crap.

Bobisback

International Regular
Don't know whether to raise a query about this on sledging because it's getting a little annoying.

My ratings just don't seem to add up properly. I'm still getting useless lower order which I didn't think was actually possible if you have players with fitness of invig upto sublime, I'm getting a superb spin rating when I have two remarkable-superb spinners with sublime/energetic PFL and my batting levels have each dropped one from what they were.

Thought it was PFL but my whole team is pretty much fully fit and yet the ratings are still crap.
Eh, my TIE ratings were all out of wack, but when i started to PAN and GFI things started to even out. Check out the differences.

Code:
		TIE		PAN		GFI
Top Order: 	strong		quality		remarkable
Middle Order: 	mediocre	competent	proficient
Lower Order: 	worthless	worthless	abysmal
Seam Bowling: 	proficient	strong		superb
Spin Bowling: 	remarkable	exceptional	exquisite
Fielding: 	worthless 	abysmal		woeful
So if you're TIE'n every game, that could be why.

headhunter

International Vice-Captain
Game against top of the league today was always going to be tough.

BEST Indies 117/10 (30.6)
Fordham 65 off 65

lions of london 120/3 (26.2)
Ross 5-0-18-2

PY

International Coach
Eh, my TIE ratings were all out of wack, but when i started to PAN and GFI things started to even out. Check out the differences.

Code:
		TIE		PAN		GFI
Top Order: 	strong		quality		remarkable
Middle Order: 	mediocre	competent	proficient
Lower Order: 	worthless	worthless	abysmal
Seam Bowling: 	proficient	strong		superb
Spin Bowling: 	remarkable	exceptional	exquisite
Fielding: 	worthless 	abysmal		woeful
So if you're TIE'n every game, that could be why.
Hmm I have TIE'd every game thus far this season, that might explain it. Didn't you have the useless lower order thing too?

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
:blink:

Dynamo Morpork 384/3 (50 overs)
M Virk 150* (127), S Porter 107* (68), S Herbert 84 (74); M Ince 2/87

Admittedly I'm facing a team of PFL-thumped allrounders on a H&F, but it's still only five away from the club record (set in the cup many moons ago)

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
The Heath CC: 359/3 (50) Kepler 173 (136), Caldwell 109 (116)

We Hate ManU: 327/5 (50) Talbot 2/72 (10), Woods 2/89 (10)

The Heath CC win by 32 runs

Talbot and Woods both got slapped in the last 10 but took key wickets to take us to our 5th consecutive win in our OD league. That leaves us 4 points behind 1st and 2nd, level on points with 3rd and 12 points clear of everyone else :)

Edit: Oh, and GFI ratings...

Reporter's Summary
We hate ManU The Heath CC
Top Order: mediocre competent
Middle Order: feeble mediocre
Lower Order: worthless abysmal
Seam Bowling: woeful competent
Spin Bowling: useless mediocre
Fielding: mediocre feeble

MOTM: Kepler

Kepler now has 3 centuries from 3 OD innings this season, along with 2 centuries and 3 half centuries in 6 FC innings. He's fast becoming a Heath CC legend.

Last edited:

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member

Last time i checked both you and Dwyer where basically throwing your FC league. I think you will find that team morale, PFLs and TIE probably explain this. Not sure about the useless lower order. But that might explain the drops in batting and spinning.

PY

International Coach
PFL - My entire team had fitness of invigorated or above and most of them were sublime.
Team morale - Over the moon.

TIE could explain it, not sure if it should explain it though. Just a puzzle really. My batting ratings have actually got worse this season even though I'm training three batsmen at the moment.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Very happy with the win, as it was a must win game for me. Dwyer closely followed this match too both with the scorecard and with the sledging board.

Code:
Reporter's Summary
	         BGS XI       Alternative XI
Top Order: 	strong 	        proficient
Middle Order: 	proficient 	strong
Lower Order: 	abysmal 	woeful
Seam Bowling: 	superb 	        quality
Spin Bowling: 	useless 	respectable
Fielding: 	feeble  	feeble

Last edited:

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Getting destroyed in my OD game today. Was bowled out for 169 and currently the opposition are 112/2. Tried a phase in a couple of newer guys which never really worked.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Have got an afternoon to waste, so I thought I'd write up a team report type thing on each player.

Robert Bennie
An import from the mighty Central Districts, the right arm fast bowler has been a solid contributor to the Tigers in recent times. Though he's not as quick as some, he does have a nagging line and length which sees him consistently chalk up victims.

OD Career: 61 wickets @ 31.80
FC Career: 17 wickets @ 17.82

Stephen Brayley
One of the few original squad members to still play for the Tigers, Brayley has been toiling away since his first match in the baggy black and yellow. His left arm chinamans have been a steady source of wickets for his captain as he continues to be a first choice player.

OD Career: 46 wickets @ 33.39
FC Career: 10 wickets @ 21.30

Matt Connell
Right arm medium bowler Matt Connell is a new face to the Tawonga team, brought in specifically for Second Eleven duties. On his day, his inswingers can be near unplayable while his stock ball that seams away has trapped a number of proficient batsmen in his time.

OD Career: 27 wickets @ 34.70
FC Career: 1 @ 22.00

Nicolas Dhindsa
This rookie batsman has quickly cemented his spot in the batting line up after a string of superb performances in both the one day and first class arenas. Initially out of his depth as an inexperienced lower order batsman in Division 4, the following season has been a prosperous and promising one for Dhindsa, who is close to becoming the teams premier batsman.

OD Career: 325 runs @ 36.11
FC Career: 543 runs @ 181.00

Pete Drummond
The most recent purchase for the Tigers is an old face for the manager. A player who was in the managers previous team, the Canterbury Crusaders, Drummond has established himself as a fine middle order batsman who can keep wicket. At 30, some might say his best days are behind him but he himself knows he can offer a lot to a team and will fight to stay on in face of stiff competition.

OD Career: 3387 runs @ 53.76
FC Career: 992 runs @ 141.71

Carl Fletcher
Another ring in for the Second Eleven, Carl Fletcher made a massive impact in his only first class match for the Tigers, where he took 8 wickets for just 2.25 runs a piece at an economy of under 1 run an over.
His chances in the first team will solely be down to the fitness of the premier players, but he knows he can stand up when needed.

OD Career: 7 wickets @ 67.86
FC Career: 8 wickets @ 2.25

Nicolas Fordham
Along with Brayley and Siyabonga, Fordham is one of the surviving members of the original Tigers squad and for a long time, their second best batsman.
A steady right hander, Fordham possesses one of the finest drives in cricket. Never one to give up, he saved the Tigers from embarrassment with a fine hundred in a first class match to give them the lead and set up a win. Still a first team regular, Fordham has said he will stay with the Tigers until he retires.

OD Career: 667 runs @ 37.06
FC Career: 660 runs @ 165.00

Mukunda Ghandi
The all round efforts of Mukunda Ghandi have seen his team home on many occasions. As the regular captain of the Tigers, Ghandi has presided over more wins than any of the previous leaders and has often lead from the front when opening the batting to go with his solid glovework behind the stumps.
With the purchase of Pete Drummond, however, Ghandi may see his game time reduced in favour of the more talented keeper-batsman.

OD Career: 1558 runs @ 25.13
FC Career: 321 runs @ 53.50

Neale Gleeson
The incredibly destructive Neale Gleeson has been earmarked for great things ever since his promotion from the youth academy. A right arm leg spinner, Gleeson has probably been the number one architect of Tiger victories in recent times. His cunning leg breaks have trapped many batsman who have been left bamboozled in front of broken stumps. So early in his career, there's nothing that can stop him achieving great deeds. He is a complete rabbit with the bat, though.

OD Career: 36 wickets @ 16.14
FC Career: 27 wickets @ 3.96

Darren Holmes
Darren Holmes's career was all but over when given a lifeline and signed by the Tawonga Tigers. A left arm fast bowler, Holmes had been discarded by his previous team after his average bloated with ineffective bowling. Tigers management saw potential though, and offered him a regular spot with the Second Eleven. He has chipped in with some handy one day performances for the Tigers thus far, and has ousted the likes of Robert Bennie as number 1 reserve.

OD Career: 22 wickets @ 41.18
FC Career: 3 wickets @ 112.33

Jimmy Knowles
Young tearaway fast bowler Jimmy Knowles is fast becoming the premier quick of the Tigers outfit. At 18, he has already achieved a lot and is still hungry for wickets despite getting bucketloads each weekend, his best bowling effort being 6-1 in a first class match. An avid fan of Bon Jovi, a keen cook and an absolutely horrible batsman, Knowles will be in Tiger colours for a long time yet.

OD Career: 17 wickets @ 34.59
FC Career: 18 wickets @ 12.06

Dennis Lever
Dennis is another player brought in purely as a backup to the first choice players. Since arriving, though, he has impressed with his textbook technique and outlandish sense of humour. He will struggle for first team honours though, as there is a fair backlog already ahead of him.

OD Career: 227 runs @ 45.40
FC Career: 601 runs @ 150.25

Bobby Mcmahon
One of the first transfers into the Tigers, Mcmahon has carried more drinks in recent times than anyone else. A tough as nails batsman, he will never excite anyone with stylish stroke play but will grind out runs for the team as needed. He lists Steve Waugh and Rahul Dravid as his heroes, and enjoys mixing ****tails for his teammates.

OD Career: 1198 runs @ 37.44
FC Career: 8 runs for not out

Ed Mills
The number 1 seam bowler for the Tigers and product of the youth academy, Ed Mills counts a mean slower ball as part of his armoury, something which he works hard on every week at training. Disliked by many opposition batsmen for his ability to chat up a storm, Mills can destroy line ups in the space of an over to give his team the edge.
He has competition for the right to be number 1 though, as Knowles continues to develop in leaps and bounds.

OD Career: 52 wickets @ 16.94
FC Career: 22 wickets @ 5.95

Tom Murphy
One of the more senior players in the squad, Murphy hasn't quite made a claim for top honours as much as he'd like with mediocre performances in one day and first class arenas. It looks as though he will be relegated to Second Eleven duties from now on, despite being one of the nippier bowlers in the nets.

OD Career: 68 wickets @ 28.47
FC Career: 6 wickets @ 47.00

Colin Rhodes
The oldest face in the squad and back up wicket keeper. Rhodes has been able to keep his foot in the door as far as first team selection goes, despite being one of the least attractive batsmen in the league.
A tenacious ability to occupy the crease, he lead the side through a dark period in the sides history when they were repeatedly thumped in Division 4. He never gave up though, and was rewarded with a place in the starting XI for the new season. He took like a duck to water in first class cricket, scoring the teams highest individual score of 547.

OD Career: 1128 runs @ 34.18
FC Career: 795 runs @ 99.38

Matthew Siyabonga
"Bongers" has been the premier batsman since Greg Thomas took over the team. One of the original 3 players still playing, Siyabonga has timing like noone else. A clean hitter of the ball who can accelerate or accumulate superbly depending on the situation. His training days are over however, and he has since settled down as the anchor of the team innings, knowing that one day, he will be surpassed. He was the only player to come through the Division 4 tribulations with his average intact.

OD Career: 1870 runs @ 81.30
FC Career: 750 runs @ 150.00

Barry Stannage
Barry Stannage is a strong off side player who has been drafted in to open the batting for the Tawonga Tigers. He enjoys seeing off the new ball, mainly to the boundary, and has a knack for picking which way the ball will swing.

OD Career: 1948 runs @ 33.59
FC Career: 479 runs @ 159.67

Martin Thomson
Brought in to open the batting, Thomson has since been able to form a strong partnership with Stannage to get the Tigers off to a good start. he has a certain weakness against spin, though, and has since been getting out after starting well against the seamers.

OD Career: 502 runs @ 45.64
FC Career: 395 @ 49.38

Colin Van der bergh
Let's face it, Van der bergh is in the team because he has a cool name. He can hardly bat, barely field and lets not even touch on his pie bowling. He has a place, though, making up numbers for friendlies or when the first teamers are tired.

OD Career: 54 runs @ 7.71
FC Career: 35 runs @ 35.00

Wahid Weerappuli
"Pullers" as he is affectionately known, is the sole all-rounder in the Tigers outfit. He has an ability to fight at the crease with the bat, and toil away, unwavering, with the ball.
His ability is better than his record suggests, and has been one of the best signings the Tigers have ever made at just $21k. Another player who will be in the team for the long run, there is only one Wahid "Pullers" Weerappuli.

OD Career: 457 runs @ 26.88, 52 wickets @ 27.98
FC Career: 459 runs @ 153.00, 17 wickets @ 12.65

Matthew Wilberforce
The youngest member of the squad, "The Enforcer" is quickly learning the ropes at Tiger training. Already proficient, he will one day do great things for the team.

OD Career: 1 run @ 1
FC Career: 27 runs @ 27

Last edited:

Bobisback

International Regular
Last time i checked both you and Dwyer where basically throwing your FC league. I think you will find that team morale, PFLs and TIE probably explain this. Not sure about the useless lower order. But that might explain the drops in batting and spinning.
Even if we're both throwing out FC games we're both still in our respective cups, so that keeps the morale up. And no FC means high PFLs.

Talking about cups, set my pitch to H&F and am GFI'n the best team in the world. Just for lols

Status
Not open for further replies.