• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [19/01/09] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dead Badger

State 12th Man
Heh, fair enough.

My match petered out to a draw. Cheers to Mahindinho for the overnight declaration idea though, at least made a game out of it. And I've got a better idea of how to beat him in three weeks' time.

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
I know I said I'd never speak of this again, but just realised that I've done the dirty on my side - we lost by 702 runs - not by an innings and runs. A far more respectable result.

Playing a bot tomorrow but have decided that considering the depressing nature of this week's FC game, I'd like to bat first and make some hay. So I'm batting if I win the toss and have promoted Bartlett to opener in an attempt to get his top score beyond his current best of 66.

It's the grand opening of the new improved ground tomorrow as well, so it'll suck for the fans if they're back home by 11.30.

Finally, I handed in the 2nd of two essays today and have no work to do tomorrow, so I need something to entertain me.

Do bots always lose the toss when it's their call? Or is that an urban legend that I've just created?

Olwe

School Boy/Girl Captain

Do bots always lose the toss when it's their call? Or is that an urban legend that I've just created?

So far the bots have done very well at calling in OD's the toss against me (they have called three and one two) but it is annoying!

tomorrow i am playing the team who are 2ed who are a bot team with two non-bots in my leauge (not-including my team)

amd thank you for the advise on the players and training, i will get them trained up and i hope they will help my team stay up in div V in both OD and FC!

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
So far the bots have done very well at calling in OD's the toss against me (they have called three and one two) but it is annoying!

tomorrow i am playing the team who are 2ed who are a bot team with two non-bots in my leauge (not-including my team)

amd thank you for the advise on the players and training, i will get them trained up and i hope they will help my team stay up in div V in both OD and FC!
Darn! This is actually the first time I've ever played a bot, seems there were far less of them around last season. Anyway, hope they call it wrong tomorrow, I'm in the mood for some record breakin'

Best of luck with your new players and training - I'll keep an eye out for your team! And keep us posted on here as well of course.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
End of Over 9: 55-0, runrate=6.11
Wilson 5-0-32-0
Schofield* 32 (35 balls)
Skipper 23 (19 balls)

caves beach batting!

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Playing the top OD team wiith four reserves and on TIE. We're going at near seven-an-over. Worst mistake yet? Probably.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Brackenhurst -
End of Over 25: 149-3, runrate=5.96
Julian 6-0-23-0
Burnip* 100 (82 balls)
Browne 21 (33 balls)

Absolutely ridiculous. Very, very sure we're on TIE. Still, I have pretty much no batting left after these two, so they'll need to stay in. So, so stoked with Burnip. Ordering a pizza, garlic bread and coke on his behalf. Should be here in 30-40 minutes.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Code:
And that's the end of the match. Central Districts won by 10 wickets.
Kocstars	34-10
Central Districts	36-0
Chased it in 3.4 overs. Keane making 25* from 11 balls, whereas Dylan made a much more tame 11* from 11 balls.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Captain Ty Browne with his maiden 50! Been stranded in the 40's not-out enough, finally gets there.

EDIT: Done and done. Who knows what might've been on PAN or GFI, but Burnip and Browne were tops.

Brackenhurst -
End of Over 43: 210-10, runrate=4.88
San 6-0-31-1
Browne* 52 (70 balls)

Last edited:

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
End of Over 47: 262-4, runrate=5.57
Fletcher 9-0-71-1
Tyler* 42 (35 balls)
Jongikhaya 16 (7 balls)

Last Wicket: Antonius b. Fletcher 19 (FOW: 234/4)

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
End of Over 50: 292-5, runrate=5.84
Wilson 10-0-78-0
Jongikhaya* 22 (13 balls)
Keith 15 (7 balls)

Last Wicket: Tyler Hit Wicket b. Fletcher 50 (FOW: 273/5)

Bobisback

International Regular
Playing 2nd, before this match we were both undefeated, after this match only I will be undefeated :)

Code:
End of Over 16: 92-2, runrate=5.75, reqrunrate=0.09 (94-10)
Tulley	3-0-14-0
Hiller*	51 (53 balls)
Beaumont	25 (31 balls)
Last Wicket: Hocking c. Tandy b. Adams 5 (FOW: 36/2)
Looks like next season will be full of defeats in III.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
End of Over 50: 223-9, runrate=4.46
Brayley 10-0-53-1
Watt* 5 (3 balls)
Barry 21 (19 balls)
Last Wicket: Chambers c. Ghandi b. Brayley 36 (FOW: 218/9)

Playing on TIE. Gleeson with 5-19 and Pullers with 2-16. Competent Fletcher got stick with 0-70.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
New bowler Greene getting his first ever bowl now. Anything with less than 6-an-over and I'll be happy.

EDIT: 0/34 off his 5. Promise to work with though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.