• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [19/01/09] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

PY

International Coach
I had opposite to chaminda_00 (forum names pls ;)) with me knocking over their two gun bats for 40s in the 1st innings and bowling them out for 124, following on they racked up 525 with them 352/1 at one stage but their #3 with wages of 83k managed to blitz a double ton and scored heavily with the tail when no-one else got into double figures.

So I'm chasing 340 to win on the last day after having a lead of 220 with 1st innings completed. Just not cricket IMO!

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
And that's it for the days play. Join us again tomorrow for more ball by ball coverage

End of Over 35 (2 runs). Weedon Warriors: 94-3, runrate=2.69 (1st Inn: 217-10)
Trail by 97 runs. (The Heath CC 408-2 dec)
Talbot 3-0-7-0
Henderson* 51 (99 balls)
Theobald 19 (38 balls)

Last Wicket: Lak****ha b. Liddle 0 (FOW: 50/3)

Really pleased with the batting performance today - Caldwell scored his maiden century (152*) and became the first player from The Heath to pass 150 in FC cricket. Grant continued his resurgence in form with 126 and Gardiner hit an unbeaten 67 to help lift The Heath to maximum batting points. The most pleasing thing is that up until now, Weedon Warriors have claimed maximum bowling points in all of their games, including the team currently occupying 1st spot, but they didn't even manage to get 1 bowling point against us.

As for their second innings, I was expecting some level of resistance, and Henderson played a good knock. If we can take an early wicket tomorrow, it should become two as the next guy in is drained and can probably barely make it to the wicket. I might set Woods to very attacking and unleash him on them first thing tomorrow morning. It'd be nice to finish this without having to bat again, but I'm confident that even if they manage to overtake our total, we should chase them down without too much trouble.

headhunter

International Vice-Captain
End of Day:
BEST Indies 92/10 (53.4) & 30/0 (18.0)

Cheap Wickets CC 582/10 (147.4)

Last's out fairly comfortably for a 3rd days gate receipts.(thanks in large to the other team not dec)

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
End of Over 56 (Maiden). WorldClass: 116-8, runrate=2.07 (1st Inn: 165-10)
Trail by 104 runs. (Tawonga Tigers 385-10)
Knowles 20-9-23-2
Larkman* 0 (7 balls)
Stewart 0 (7 balls)
Last Wicket: Lucas lbw b. Knowles 30 (FOW: 116/8)

Taken quite a few wickets this morning. Certainly a big difference between normal and very attacking. Should set that aggression more often.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Game over. Won by an innings and 100 runs. All thanks to Fordham and these two bowlers.

Mills 20-13-25-5
Knowles 21-10-23-2

Can't wait for tomorrows one dayer :)

pasag

RTDAS
Seems to be down. Was looking forward to an exciting finish to my game.

Code:
error '80070070' 

/nl/matchInfoFC.asp, line 625

Last edited:

Bobisback

International Regular
Seems to be down. Was looking forward to an exciting finish to my game.

Code:
error '80070070' 

/nl/matchInfoFC.asp, line 625
Gotta love Battrick.

Got more money from gates today then i did in the last two. Happy it went to the 3rd day.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
It's working for me.

My mate is in the best match. Is chasing 229 in 73 overs and is 45/2 after 16.

Bobisback

International Regular
Im fairly sure that error message only comes up if your game is finished. Havent read sledging to confirm, but i think it has happened like this before.

PY

International Coach
My game appears to have not started again on the 3rd day which happened last week too, just shows the scorecard at the close of play last night.

pasag

RTDAS
Lost by six wickets. Went from 3-150 overnight in the second innings to 223 all out. Their side chased down the 249 required for victory pretty easily.

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Great start:

35.5 W Woods to Daniell
Bartlett dives spectacularly. Not sure if it was necessary but it was effective. Daniell is gone!
35.4 . Woods to Daniell
Full ball outside off stump, pushes it away straight to cover in defence.
35.3 . Woods to Daniell
The batsman weaves out of the way of a bouncer and it's straight through to Bartlett.
35.2 . Woods to Daniell
Wide of off, stroked out to the fielder at point.
35.1 W Woods to Henderson
A mix up between the batsmen results in the sacrificial lamb being stranded as Bartlett whips off the bails.
Woods is on very attacking, hopefully he'll run through the rest of the side. 4 wickets to go.

Dead Badger

State 12th Man
Augh! Janes and Bromby go in the same over, leaving me 72 runs to get with one recognised batsman to come. All down to Platt now. Rrrgh, this match is all over the shop.

End of Over 33 (3 runs). Beard XI: 116-3, runrate=3.52 (1st Inn: 170-10)
Trail by 71 runs. (hambledon Old Boys 93-10 & 264-10)
Travis 10-2-32-0
Platt* 32 (66 balls)
Alshaun 0 (2 balls)

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Loving Woods when set to very attacking

43.5 W Woods to Coppinger
Oh that's magnificent! Cat-like reactions from first slip to take that catch. They'll be replaying that one a few times in the studio.
43.4 . Woods to Coppinger
Stroked back down the pitch.
43.3 W Woods to Theobald
The keeper couldn't reach that one, but first slip certainly did.

That's 6 wickets down this morning, 4 of them to Woods and 1 more to take.

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
And that's it! The last 7 wickets fall for 20 runs in 10.2 overs.

Weedon Warriors: 217/10 (76.5) Hennessy 4/31 (17.5), Talbot 2/20 (8), Woods 2/48 (18)

The Heath CC: 408/2 (108) Caldwell 152* (234), Grant 126 (215), Gardiner 67* (103)

Weedon Warriors: 114/10 (45.2) Woods 5/28 (13.2), Liddle 2/27 (9)

The Heath CC win by an innings and 77 runs

Dead Badger

State 12th Man
Proper squeaky bum time here, as the last two supporting batsmen fall. It's down to Platt to eke out 37 runs with the tail, all set to very defensive. Need someone to pull one of those hilarious 72-ball ducks out of the bag if we're going to make it, I think...

End of Over 47 (4 runs). Beard XI: 151-5, runrate=3.21 (1st Inn: 170-10)
Trail by 36 runs. (hambledon Old Boys 93-10 & 264-10)
Dunning 1-0-4-1
Platt* 49 (113 balls)
Oleary 0 (3 balls)

30 runs with four left...
28 with three, and I'm stuffed...

And Platt goes, and shortly thereafter that's it. Lost by 25 bleeding runs. I wouldn't mind if there were some sort of pattern to when it switched between wicket-fest and drought, but I just can't see it.

Oh well, this one could've gone either way anyway, I s'pose. Guess I'll concentrate on OD, then, where the chances of promotion are looking pretty high this season.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.