• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [19/01/09] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Getting smashed in my game. They got a pretty good top order with a miraculous batsmen (must have poor stamina and secondaries though as his isn't in the NT squad) and the other batsmen is remarkable.

Code:
End of Over 52 (3 runs). the stevros army: 263-0, runrate=5.06  
Matharu 11-0-47-0 
Gooneratne* 123 (153 balls) 
Kelaart 134 (164 balls)
A bit annoyed that Jeithoon didn't knock over their remarkable batsmen. They got little depth so I was hoping we could get some early wickets and get into their middle order and tail early. Pretty much hoping they don't declare early and we can push for a draw and its only Day 1.

cameeel

International Captain
Code:
[U]Finnigan's XI v Kipper XI[/U] - Day 1

[B]Kipper XI:[/B] 4-408 (110.0 overs)

Dove 187*
Attwood 76
Byfield 48*

Griffin 2-76
Very good start, will hopefully get a total somewhere in the region of 550

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Started ok, got rolled for 270-ish, but have them at 5-66. A couple of early wickets tomorrow and we'll be on our way. Going to use the Ponting/Waugh method of not enforcing the follow in (if ti applies) as my bowlers didn't manage to bowl the last team out twice in a row...their stamina isn't so good.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Should i upgrade my stadium now or wait until the end of the season? Does it make any difference? Also whats the link to the Stadium Sizer?

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Should i upgrade my stadium now or wait until the end of the season? Does it make any difference? Also whats the link to the Stadium Sizer?
I just upgrade mine depending on the numbers I'm getting to the games. If my members are getting close to the capacity seating I upgrade that etc. Not sure if this is what you're talking about.

Dead Badger

State 12th Man
No, no - 16 is when you're surly and indifferent towards everything. 21 is when you should be enjoying 8-bit era games ironically (e.g. Chuckie Egg). Then comes post-irony, post-surliness, jadedness, second childhood and finally death.

What happens then depends on whether you were Lawful Good or not.

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Aww, thanks man, I think you've just mapped my life out for me!

Either way, I likes my battrick.

Bowling this morning, and have an early wicket. Heck yeah.

End of Over 5 (4 runs). Weedon Warriors: 8-1, runrate=1.60
Woods 3-2-4-0
Clough* 1 (3 balls)
Keeley 4 (16 balls)

Last Wicket: Henderson b. Marrison 2 (FOW: 4/1)

Yeah, boys...

6.4 W Woods to Keeley
The ball bounced really low, hitting Keeley on the toe bang in front. Out to a grubber, how unlucky!

Last edited:

nibbs

International Captain
Haha, thanks! I sometimes wonder if at 21, I'm too enthusiastic about it, but then I realise that I don't care... :cool:
i recall a piece on 60 minutes once about the gaming industry to do with xbox or ps2. the average age of gamers was 29 or something. so at 21 you're pretty young to be gaming

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Half an hour in :

End of Over 9 (2 runs). The Emerald Knights: 23-2, runrate=2.56
Bardle 5-1-8-2
Howard* 1 (5 balls)
Geel 14 (23 balls)

Last Wicket: Way c. Wanless b. Bardle 4 (FOW: 12/2)

Dead Badger

State 12th Man
Oleary and Pead are tying down my opponent's openers on a dusty pitch; this is the strongest batting lineup I've faced all season, and probably the second-strongest I'll see at any point (CW cup excluded). Like to see a couple more wickets this morning before I start thinking about the win, though; if either of these two batsmen makes it past lunch I can see them staying in for a looong time.

End of Over 11 (Maiden). hambledon Old Boys: 20-2, runrate=1.82
Oleary 6-2-14-2
Abikanile* 7 (13 balls)
Mckinley 2 (20 balls)

trevor_vayro

U19 Vice-Captain
In all sorts of **** today, and I can't work out for the life of me why. I had this down as an easy win, yet I find myself 96/4 after 26 overs, with a Sens, a Qual and two Strongs back in the hutch. The bowling attack which has reaped such havoc, admittedly on a Greentop, comprises of three lowish Strong Fs and FMs, and two Resp Ms. None of the players out are even struggling for PFL?

Oh Well, guess we've got to hope for 200 to keep us in the game, then trust that Bewers can do the same on this pitch. If I can help it, I'd like to bat for most of today, so they don't get too much time on the afternoon feather bed, before I have a pop at them in the morning.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Can't help but laugh at this game, both our bowling attacks must suck. Need to score as much as I can before stumps, due to the morning collaspes. The match is on H&F btw.

Code:
End of Over 26 (8 runs). Jaffna Jets: 151-0, runrate=5.81  
Trail by 257 runs. (the stevros army 408-0 dec) 
Rocastle 4-0-22-0 
Clayton* 65 (85 balls) 
Lucas 83 (72 balls)
Also 22 and 23 next month. I stopped working yesterday so I could figure out my training problem for the end of season. So yeah Spitfires_Fan you got nothing. Also my boss told me about her 40 odd husband wanting to a PS3 for his b'day so I don't fell so bad. I don't think most guys ever grow out the want of these types of games.

EDIT: Stumps Day One: Jaffna Jets 0/188 (Lucas 101, Clayton 82), trail by 220

Last edited:

trevor_vayro

U19 Vice-Captain
Recovery of sorts to reach 133/4 at lunch, but still very much Freddy's Chunky Wood's morning. 48* for the fifth wicket between Resp/Sup Cash and Comp/Abs Wynne-Willson has given some hope of staying in the match, but with only Med/Woe Manzini, Feeb/Feeb Bewers, and Woes or worse still to come, I'd be extremely surprised if we were to make more than 250.

Dead Badger

State 12th Man
Ran through my opponent's batting lineup like a dodgy curry. Sweet. At lunch, one wicket left to fall:

End of Over 35 (6 runs). hambledon Old Boys: 79-9, runrate=2.26
Wilde 9-2-28-2
Ramage* 0 (0 balls)
Stockdale 8 (37 balls)

Trev, "never bat in the morning" is swiftly becoming my FC motto, particularly on any of the more challenging pitch types. Seen so many surprise results with stronger teams batting in the morning. I avoid it like the plague, and have been tailoring my declaration targets accordingly.

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
I've got a strange one today -- he seems to be a case study in trying to compete on too many fronts with a small squad. Three BTR 100k (or thereabouts) players, all with rubbish PFL...and then four or five decent players, also with rubbish PFL. We're talking moderate or less here, with a few at lively! Should be easy enough.

So, I'm taking a bit of a risk -- resting both Brooker and Gibb, and putting Stone (numpty batsman in v. poor form) into the batting order, resting Hayward, and leaving Sandwith down the order.

Basically, they've got a pretty good top order who are all only at moderate PFL, or thereabouts -- the rest should fold like a cheap deckchair.

...and they have. Sort of. 121/6 with 64 from their one performing batsman -- he's out now, so it really should be a procession.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Sums my lot up really:

End of Over 60 (Maiden). The Emerald Knights: 218-4, runrate=3.63
Bardle 17-5-25-4
The Rest 43-3-93-0

EDIT:

61.2 W Bardle to Sainsbury
That's a bad ball by Bardle, short and wide but Sainsbury has edged the cut into his own stumps!
61.1 W Bardle to Henderson
The batsmen clearly underestimated Fitzpatrick's agility there as he knocked down the bails with a fantastic pickup and throw.

Status
Not open for further replies.