• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [19/01/09] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
End of Over 23: 103-1, runrate=4.48
Caulfield 2-0-9-0
Darryl* 32 (78 balls)
Bertos 65 (59 balls)

Doing well against a Div 2 side who seem to be playing a full strength team.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Good competitive friendly that won't be helping our fitness, but it's good to watch all the same. Racking up the runs at home, and I'll need to with my hopeless bowling attack, resting four players.

End of Over 32: 206-2, runrate=6.44
Sagren 6-0-39-0
Bardle* 81 (97 balls)
Hamlin 86 (71 balls)

Bardle gunning it which is great. First real runs he's made, and he's making them at 3, which is a problem spot for my batsmen. Hopefully he'll make it his own. :)

mikeW

End of Over 44: 209-5, runrate=4.75
Caulfield 7-0-46-1
Mills* 21 (18 balls)
Barry 8 (10 balls)

Very happy with this effort.

pasag

RTDAS
A rare failure from Elmes chasing an awkward score against Thomas's side. Hope my batsmen can keep it together after such a good effort from the bowlers restricting them to 177.

End of Over 13: 53-2, runrate=4.08, reqrunrate=3.38 (177-10)
Murphy 7-0-20-2
Walsh* 21 (27 balls)
Mccoy 0 (2 balls)
Last Wicket: Elmes c. Lever b. Murphy 17 (FOW: 53/2)

mikeW

End of Over 14: 62-3, runrate=4.43, reqrunrate=4.44 (221-10)
Hook 7-0-31-1
Benjamin* 10 (14 balls)
Spiers 1 (2 balls)

Will still lose but to do so well against a div 2 side is very pleasing

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Hmm decision time. All my players bar Jeithoon (invigorated) and Muralitharan (energtic). Should i go full strength minus those two and hope Unabrow Rangers rest players. Or should i hold off for FC match on Tuesday. 10 minutes to make a decision.

EDIT: Their ratings exceptional/respectable batting and quality/strong bowling

Bobisback

International Regular
Hmm decision time. All my players bar Jeithoon (invigorated) and Muralitharan (energtic). Should i go full strength minus those two and hope Unabrow Rangers rest players. Or should i hold off for FC match on Tuesday. 10 minutes to make a decision.

EDIT: Their ratings exceptional/respectable batting and quality/strong bowling
Rest them if you dont think you can win. Play them if you think it will give you a shot.

mikeW

End of Over 22: 101-3, runrate=4.59, reqrunrate=4.32 (221-10)
Wilkshire 1-0-6-0
Spiers* 21 (25 balls)
Benjamin 28 (39 balls

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Rest them if you dont think you can win. Play them if you think it will give you a shot.
Turns out all their players are sublime with a couple energetic and one 18yo trainee who is fresh. Not really worth, they have been resting a lot of players during the other cup matches and FC games. So you never know, but the impact thre matches per week on PFLs is not really worth it.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Games in India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka haven't started. I guess i have to wait till England games start before I can see how much money I earned off this game. FFS im so over this crap, everything fine in the Australian matches and then we get shafted and then it is all good before England matches start.

Bobisback

International Regular
Drawn Emu Plains next round of the cup, and he will rest players to be about the same as me, im fairly sure anyway. Time for another full strength TIE.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
End of Over 18: 99-2, runrate=5.50
Flitney 4-0-13-0
Mohjuddin* 32 (30 balls)
Beesley 16 (37 balls)

Last Wicket: Jongikhaya c. Baines b. Rogerson 32 (FOW: 48/2)

rested alot of players, we both did so its a 2nd xi game.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
End of Over 29: 153-3, runrate=5.28
Mcewan 8-0-34-0
Mohjuddin* 46 (62 balls)
Hildred 35 (31 balls)

Last Wicket: Beesley c. Baines b. Flitney 16 (FOW: 106/3)

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Brackenhurst - 311/3 off 50 overs
Hamlin 141* (118)
Bardle 91 (127)
Read 38* (31)
Steyn 33 (24)

defeated

Top End Wombats - 203/10 off 45 overs
Walters 90 (119)
Jeremy 47 (71)
Wolleaston 37 (45)
Hindle 4/26 (7)
Holmes 3/20 (10)
Copeland 3/38 (8)

Top quality win resting four players. Hamlin was tops as always and Bardle was immense coming in at 3. Hit his stamina wall, but so glad he showed potential. Bowling was excellent, Copeland looks to be a very good reserve bowler. Fielding was top-notch aswell. Got some insane matches coming up the next few weeks, all losses no doubt. Hopefully we can pull together. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.