• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [19/01/09] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dead Badger

State 12th Man
It's made the whole game more challenging and intricate, and there is far more scope for surprise victories.
Tell me about it - my main competitor for top OD spot this season has just completely misjudged what should've been a relatively easy match, and in the process left the league wide open for me. I just have to avoid following suit now. :)

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Fantastic win today - 3rd in a row and I'm holding my own in Div V. I'm now 3rd in my FC league and 5th in my OD league. My members are joyous, which is good news with my stadium in the process of being expanded.

The Heath CC: 331/2 (50) Kepler 138 (129), Grant 112 (113), Caldwell 63* (54)
Fambridge: 294/5 (50) Westwood 2/52 (10), Woods 1/38 (10)

The Heath CC win by 38 runs.

I decided to push Kepler up to open today, in the hope of making the most of their weaker seamers and it really paid off, as he scored his maiden OD century in an opening partnership of 198 with Grant, who is finding his feet after a shaky start in Div V. Caldwell came in to play his first OD innings (DNB in last week's 10 wicket win) and hit 63*, sharing in a partnership of 102 with Kepler.

For the first time ever, I set Woods to bowl through, and although he didn't take many wickets, he got one of their stars out when in full flow and went for less than 4 an over. Westwood also bowled well - he took a bit of a pasting in the death overs but his first spell of 7-1-19-2 left Fambridge with too much to do. GFI seems to be working brilliantly for me at the moment - Kepler has just dropped down to lively but should be back to sublime in time for next Friday, when we have another big game.

Got a competent rating for the first time as well - Grant, Kepler and Caldwell were awesome today.

The Heath CC Fambridge
Top Order: competent mediocre
Middle Order: mediocre feeble
Lower Order: abysmal abysmal
Seam Bowling: mediocre woeful
Spin Bowling: feeble feeble
Fielding: feeble feeble

MOTM: Kepler

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Comfortable win yesterday v Morpork's FC rivals:

The Bosstones 143 (29.4)
Whitehorne 5-6 (5), Downer 3-36 (9.4)

Asterix XI 144/2 (29.5)
Cuss 74* (82), Ashton 58* (72)

Could've been worse as they were scoring at 6 an over for much of their first innings, three batsmen got starts but none of them reached 50. Kealaboga (respectable/feeble) dismissed their best batsman.

PFLs are horrendous atm, none of my good players are higher than lively and a couple are as low as moderate.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Won yesterday, despite resting Bardle.

Grovehill Plodders 195 (Kealey 35/3, Haishen 52/3, Aldred 21/2, Laws 21/2)
Jamees 999ers 196/2 (Warnock 103*, Kealey 58*)

£228665 in gate receipts.

Jamees 999ers Grovehill Plodders
Top Order: superb respectable
Middle Order: respectable feeble
Lower Order: abysmal worthless
Seam Bowling: proficient respectable
Spin Bowling: feeble mediocre
Fielding: feeble woeful

MOTM: Warnock

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
Won yesterday, despite resting Bardle.

Grovehill Plodders 195 (Kealey 35/3, Haishen 52/3, Aldred 21/2, Laws 21/2)
Jamees 999ers 196/2 (Warnock 103*, Kealey 58*)

£228665 in gate receipts.

Jamees 999ers Grovehill Plodders
Top Order: superb respectable
Middle Order: respectable feeble
Lower Order: abysmal worthless
Seam Bowling: proficient respectable
Spin Bowling: feeble mediocre
Fielding: feeble woeful

MOTM: Warnock
how the hell do you get so much money in gate receiopts. i get 40,000 and i am happy lol. how big is your stadium!

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Pulled a Med/Comp/Resp bowler who'll walk straight into my first team and three nets. First decent pull.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Stephen Webster (1606460)

RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, respectable batting form, respectable bowling form, fresh
An attacking player with superb leadership skills and abysmal experience.

Plays For: Magical Ponies
Nationality: Australia
Battrick Rating: 785
Wages: £320 p/w
Stamina: worthless Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: mediocre Concentration: worthless
Bowling: worthless Consistency: worthless
Fielding: worthless

Knew it would happen as soon as I stopped using ITS. Bugger.

PY

International Coach
Pretty happy with this chap, 12 batting, 12 concentration and 11 stamina and he's v v v close to popping in batting too with that wage:

Satish Rampaul (1607934)

RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, respectable batting form, respectable bowling form, fresh
A defensive player with strong leadership skills and worthless experience.

Plays For: Boggles
Nationality: India
Battrick Rating: 4,812
Wages: £672 p/w

Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: competent Concentration: competent
Bowling: worthless Consistency: worthless
Fielding: woeful

headhunter

International Vice-Captain
Malinga the Slinga 151/10 (32.0)
Caldwell 9-2-28-6

BEST Indies 152/2 (31.5)
Fordham 58 off 76
Oakes 46 off 45

A leading preformance by the captain Caldwell taking his 1st competitive 5+ wicket haul.To restrict the opponents to 151.Fordham and Oakes together easily reach the target.
Players will be looking now to next fridays game which could see who finishes 3rd/4th.

nibbs

International Captain
well, we blew it. went down by 3 runs. drops us to 3rd, and although the season is only early i feel we can probably only afford one more slip up, damit

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Have listed Horsfield, bidding ends at 23.00 tonight. He'd make a good squad-filler for FC, or would be a good strike bowler in England Div VI

17. Scott Horsfield - 22 yo, BT Rating=2,623
LH Batsman, LFM Bowler, feeble batting form, worthless bowling form, sublime
A destructive player with abysmal leadership skills and worthless experience.
Stamina: feeble Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: abysmal Concentration: abysmal
Bowling: respectable Consistency: feeble

new_age_ar

First Class Debutant
Have listed Horsfield, bidding ends at 23.00 tonight. He'd make a good squad-filler for FC, or would be a good strike bowler in England Div VI

17. Scott Horsfield - 22 yo, BT Rating=2,623
LH Batsman, LFM Bowler, feeble batting form, worthless bowling form, sublime
A destructive player with abysmal leadership skills and worthless experience.
Stamina: feeble Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: abysmal Concentration: abysmal
Bowling: respectable Consistency: feeble
Or a good strike bowler for Sri Lanka Div IV. Man i can't believe how crap my respectables are going in Div III SL. Lucky i got some money to spend soon, so i can buy some decent proficient bowlers.

Haven't won a FC game to date, drawn two and lost two. 3 wins and 1 loss in ODs so far. FC league is pretty hard for me, mainly due having one decent bowler. The batsmen are holding their own though. OD league has one good side and two decent sides. I've played both decent sides and lost on and won one game. I'm getting by in ODs without a bowling attack due to my batsmen being able to hit 350 plus totals.

EARLOBE

State 12th Man
Joe Motson (1609495)

RH Batsman, LH Spin Bowler, respectable batting form, respectable bowling form, fresh
A cautious player with worthless leadership skills and abysmal experience.

Plays For: Male Models
Nationality: Australia
Battrick Rating: 670
Wages: £271 p/w
Stamina: worthless Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: feeble Concentration: woeful
Bowling: woeful Consistency: worthless
Fielding: worthless

Listed for £0. I've finally upgraded my academy to superb.

Status
Not open for further replies.