• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [19/01/09] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Looks like I'm heading towards a draw...

Scored 506/9 @ 4.4-ish an over.

Bowled them out for around 270 tea yesterday.

Now they're 353/5 with about 24 overs left in the day...if I can pick up 5 wickets in 4 overs and then score at 6 an over I'm in with a chance! My bowlers haven't exactly excelled in the second innings, taking 5 wickets in 3 sessions so far. The team I'm playing aren't really world-beaters.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
What's your team name Coco? Have you set your batsmen's orders to aggressive for this day?

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What's your team name Coco? Have you set your batsmen's orders to aggressive for this day?
It's Coco's Nuts...

Yeah, the first 5 are all at aggressive, but it doesn't look like I'll be taking those wickets!

They're 160 ahead with about 20 to go. And I'm getting smashed around the park by a guy whose rating is 3000.

I rested a couple of bowlers, maybe I shouldn't have :unsure:

Last edited:

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Liddle and Hardy are doing the business so far for me this morning - two wickets each have left Birchwood CC just 88 runs ahead with 1 wicket left in their second innings. Should wrap this up comfortably for a maximum point win.

oz_fan

International Regular
Came so close to snatching a victory.

Club Bull won the toss and elected to bat.
First Innings of: Club Bull
Total (116.3 overs, 10 wickets) 403
Wills 4-66
Gordon 2-69
Grant 2-53
Stevens 2-54

First Innings of: oz fans XI
Total (83.0 overs, 5 wickets declared.) 508
Mohan 174(166)
Olowe 119(127)
Brooks 81(99)
Dodd* 67(71)

Second Innings of:
Club Bull Total (90.5 overs, 10 wickets) 348
Grant 3-26

Second Innings of: oz fans XI
Total (39.0 overs, 2 wickets) 226
Olowe* 111(116)
Grahame 80(87)

Needed 17 runs to win. Probably needed 3-4 more overs to win.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Top start

End of Over 45 (1 runs). Barrocon: 140-5, runrate=3.11 (1st Inn: 361-10)
Lead by 134 runs. (Dynamo Morpork 367-4 dec)

Three wickets in 9 overs and their No. 7 has a career average of 5. The other batsman in is an 18yo in training and thus struggling with PFL.

Might take 22 points after all. :happy:

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Ended up losing by 10 wickets, despite Sandwith's best efforts -- think he managed 250 not out over two innings, out of 390ish.

Last time I go for a dusty pitch in sunny weather -- batsmen above a certain level, once in, seem absolutely impossible to shift.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Day Three - End of Match

LeBon Rockets 185 (Bardle 57/4, Laws 73/4)
Jamees 999ers 460/3 dec (Snodin 233*(236), Fillery 146(210)
LeBon Rockets 289 (Bardle 58/7)
Jamees 999ers 17/0 (Snodin 10*)

Jamees 999ers win by 10 wickets.

Jamees 999ers 22 points
LeBon Rockets 1 point

Last edited:

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Birchwood CC: 304 (105) Talbot 3/70, Liddle 2/38
The Heath CC: 407/6dec (73) Kepler 133, Gardiner 80, Grant 63
Birchwood CC: 196 (60.5) Liddle 5/70
The Heath CC: 97/6 (20.4) Kepler 46*

The Heath CC win by 4 wickets (22 points)

Bit close for comfort in the end, glad I wasn't around to watch it. My bowlers did a great job of cleaning up the tail this morning, but I'd set my batsmen to attacking just incase the bowlers had laboured a bit and we needed to score quick runs to win. As it was, my guys had plenty of time to win, threw their wickets away, and it's only because of prof/prof Kepler that we managed to chase down the total.

Apart from a slightly shoddy ending, I'm really pleased with the way the game has turned out. It's been very competitive, my tactics have worked and I managed to get all three days worth of income along with a victory with maximum bonus points. :cool:

nibbs

International Captain
can i just say with girlfriends and bt or ht, i sometimes plan stuff around transfer deadlines. yeah, that gets her pretty ****ty...

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Ended up drawing my match. Bowled them out again in a day but not for a low amount whihc I had hoped. Weerappuli took a massive PFL hit and won't be playing for a couple of weeks.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Hard fought eight wicket win.

Think I'm pretty much consigning myself to relegation in one-day, which I can probably live with. The fitness status in the first eleven: 6 energetic, 1 invigorated (allrounder), 3 lively (all bowlers), 1 sublime (the one who didn't bat today).

At this rate, I might consider splashing some cash on a superb bowler. Can you get one of those at 2 million?

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Playing the number one team in my league today at home. Will be hoping to make 200 and maybe take a wicket or two.

Dead Badger

State 12th Man
Failed to spin out my match to three days, so spent Thursday reading about the Great England Transfer Controversy, wherein some idiot who wanted to quit decided to sell his entire team, and buy the most expensive players he could with the proceeds, then fire them. The transfers were subsequently reversed and the players reinstated, leaving the two sellers (Jon_Boy and Pob) somewhat shafted - particularly the former, because he'd spent the proceeds and is now staring at bankruptcy through no fault of his own.

Naturally, there's now a parade of idiots lining up to blame the sellers for the whole farrago. It's quite entertaining, if you like to watch trainwrecks in progress. Was quite surprised to discover that GMs frequently alter the amounts of transfers they think are unreasonable, however. Seems like a pretty dubious practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.