• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [19/01/09] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
End of Over 50 (3 runs). TeamJabbaL: 152-2, runrate=3.04
Holmes 16-1-58-1
Lamb* 27 (37 balls)
Slaytor 55 (145 balls)
Last Wicket: Rosenior Run Out 58 (FOW: 108/2)

The home crowd at Tawonga is currently asleep thanks to Slaytor.

Thats it, tonight when I edit team orders, half my batting lineup is going on very defensive just to frustrate this team.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
All out for 110 batting first, Moloto scoring 44 of them.

Hope someone starts a bidding war with you for Bates, Mitchell (y)

NZTailender

End of Over 62 (3 runs). TeamJabbaL: 194-4, runrate=3.13
Weerappuli 13-5-22-1
Lamb* 53 (72 balls)
Sainsbury 0 (1 balls)
Last Wicket: Nomvete lbw b. Weerappuli 0 (FOW: 194/4)

Things are starting to happen now.

Bobisback

International Regular
Beaumont?
Id want more than 1.6 million for Beaumont :p

Right now i have 1.9m in the bank. I was very close to spending it on a high-prof bat strong conc guy last night, but people told me i was an idiot so i didnt. Then last night i was about to go to bed, and i thought i would check the player ads thread. Saw a 18yr old superb FM, exactly what i wanted. So Evelyn back on the market, already got a bid on him.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
End of Over 31 (9 runs). Central Districts: 199-0, runrate=6.42
Lead by 139 runs. (jesmond 60-10)
Andrews 5-0-32-0
Dylan* 115 (93 balls)
Keane 80 (95 balls)

NZTailender

End of Over 92 (Maiden, 4b). TeamJabbaL: 308-5, runrate=3.35
Weerappuli 20-8-30-2
Lamb* 101 (157 balls)
Beechers 48 (70 balls)
Last Wicket: Sainsbury c. Siyabonga b. Weerappuli 4 (FOW: 217/5)

FFS.

Meanwhile, Pullers is gun.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
End of Over 60 (5 runs, 4lb). Bye: 189-5, runrate=3.15
Lead by 49 runs. (Magical Ponies 140-10)
Potgieter 18-4-61-2
Fisher* 25 (46 balls)
Odonnell 38 (47 balls)
Last Wicket: Kearns b. Potgieter 64 (FOW: 133/5)

****. Forgot to set orders, meaning I'm playing full strength. ****.

EARLOBE

State 12th Man
I'm an idiot. I didn't set a declare total and I'm playing away against a bot. Should finish it early tomorrow morning though.

pasag

RTDAS
Bowled summerbay out for 37 first innings, then made 7/503 dec with Elmes making 178 (off 146 balls). Should be all over soon although I hope I remembered to change the setting to enforce the follow on.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
End of Over 57 (8 runs). The Cougars: 378-0, runrate=6.63
Lead by 261 runs. (caves_beachcc 117-10)
Kamara 14-0-86-0
Willetts* 205 (168 balls)
Bodkin 165 (178 balls)

i am in trouble here. will try and draw but there is plenty of time left!

NZTailender

End of the first day, and we still haven't bowled them out. Feeling like a right mug right now.

Meanwhile, Pullers is a machine:
Weerappuli 29-15-33-4

pasag

RTDAS
Took two wickets before the close of play, should have this wrapped up before lunch tomorrow with an innings + 300 run victory on day 2.

oz_fan

International Regular
Not off to a great start. Bolwing first the other side is 390-7 at the close of play. Hopefully I can hase down the runs before the end of tomorrow to give me a remote chance of winning.

Last edited:

Dead Badger

State 12th Man
Set a flat pitch in the hope of spinning out a home FC game to three days. Don't think it's going to work unless I bat for most of them:

End of Over 10 (3 runs). swycc: 8-3, runrate=0.80
Pead 5-2-6-2
Tau* 5 (11 balls)
Andre 3 (25 balls)

New stadium upgrade means I should be raking in a bit more even off two days, though, so that's nice.

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Decent-ish start against a team with some good players who mostly have fairly low pfl's.

End of Over 18 (7 runs). Birchwood CC: 60-3, runrate=3.33
Westwood 9-1-33-0
Courts* 30 (47 balls)
Metcalf 1 (2 balls)

Both openers were run out, their two best batsmen are in now, not much to come after this. It'd be nice to bowl them out for around 150.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Day One

Brackenhurst - 820/0 off 110 overs
Abbey 436* (357)
Burnip 329* (313)

Planning to declare on 1100, for the thrill of a batsman scoring 500 and the team going over 1000, and maybe getting my number three in form and then bowl them out within the day.

trevor_vayro

U19 Vice-Captain
In a similar position to the Badgmeister! Playing at home, I picked my side to be competitive against the oppo's 1st XI, only to find that they've bought in a shed-load of Med and Comp misfits. They're currently 21/5 after 22 overs, which believe it or not, actually represents quite a fight back. I've only set my declaration target to 450, which I have a nasty feeling I'll overhaul today, meaning that a third day would be out of the question, and even a second would be under threat. Oh well, just think of the PFL saved!

Later, Trev

Status
Not open for further replies.