Cricket Player Manager
Page 106 of 585 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116156206 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 8770

Thread: Archived [19/01/09] Battrick

Chicken Champion! Battle Pong Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Badger View Post
    Somewhat embarrassingly, and despite purchasing a prof/resp backup bowler last night for leg-crossingly painful sums of money, this pop still makes Piercy my fifth best bowler.
    He'd be my fifth best bowler too.
    "Under the spreading chestnut tree,
    I sold you and you sold me."

International Vice-Captain 33/3from3.3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by andyc View Post
    Can't believe he still reads the forums after being banned for 6 months. Worst guy.
    God, how weird?
    Maria - Due December

Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    "So this is what it feels like to be on top of a batsmen".
    RIP Fardin Qayummi - 15th April 2006

State 12th Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamc View Post
    He'd be my fifth best bowler too.
    Oh, well then. Friendly some time? I'll 'ave you.

Cricketer Of The Year Robertinho's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by andyc View Post
    Can't believe he still reads the forums after being banned for 6 months. Worst guy.
    Hahaha. As terrible a guy he is, he's done a fair bit of work. The **** BT-mails anyone even contemplating buying a 17yo Pakistani, demanding they put 5 nets on him.

He's definitely got the time and commitment to do it...

But ffs, Pakistan really are up **** creek without a paddle, aren't they...
    "If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - for ever."

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Robertinho View Post
    Hahaha. As terrible a guy he is, he's done a fair bit of work. The **** BT-mails anyone even contemplating buying a 17yo Pakistani, demanding they put 5 nets on him.

He's definitely got the time and commitment to do it...

But ffs, Pakistan really are up **** creek without a paddle, aren't they...
    He's hardly got a social life or anything. This is probably the greatest thing that has ever happened to the guy.
    The Future of International Cricket - Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Ravi Bopara, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Shahriar Nafees, Raqibul Hasan, Salman Butt, JP Duminy
    Proud Supporter of the Bangladeshi Tigers
    Ryan ten Doeschate - A Legend in the Making
    MSN: zacattack90@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Romance can be dealt with elsewhere - I just don't enjoy it in cricket.

Quote Originally Posted by Perm View Post
    He's hardly got a social life or anything. This is probably the greatest thing that has ever happened to the guy.
    This would be from a guy who's a staff member and has 14,069 posts in his 19 months here, including your cheap shots on someone who's still banned because of bias from other high-ups similar to yourself.

What a credit to the social network you must be.
    National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine View Post
    This would be from a guy who's a staff member and has 14,069 posts in his 19 months here, including your cheap shots on someone who's still banned because of bias from other high-ups similar to yourself.

What a credit to the social network you must be.
    Your point? Rodgie is a dire person, no doubt about it. The amount of abuse he has spouted on MSN over the years is incredible. If it was up to me, which sadly it isn't, he'd never be allowed back on CW.

EDIT: BTW, I'm a staff member in an attempt to find a career in sports journalism, and I think writing for a website could help be get a bit of experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Perm View Post
    Your point? Rodgie is a dire person, no doubt about it. The amount of abuse he has spouted on MSN over the years is incredible. If it was up to me, which sadly it isn't, he'd never be allowed back on CW.

EDIT: BTW, I'm a staff member in an attempt to find a career in sports journalism, and I think writing for a website could help be get a bit of experience.

I fail to see how he is worse than you or numerous others, given the amount of abuse you give him which we can all see, as opposed to the abuse you're complaining about which I for one haven't seen.

Why you would use this medium to have a go at him is beyond me, you keep claiming he's harassing you on MSN so why would you leave it all for CW? If you want to try and be fashionable and popular I suggest you find a better way of going about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine View Post
    I fail to see how he is worse than you or numerous others, given the amount of abuse you give him which we can all see, as opposed to the abuse you're complaining about which I for one haven't seen.

Why you would use this medium to have a go at him is beyond me, you keep claiming he's harassing you on MSN so why would you leave it all for CW? If you want to try and be fashionable and popular I suggest you find a better way of going about it.
    You won't be seeing it either, as I doubt many people would be able to understand it once the CW filter works its magic. Allegations of paedophilia don't sit too nicely with me though, hence why I despise him. I don't really want to get in an argument, but I probably shouldn't have taken the second cheap shot at Rodgie, but I stand by my comment. Also, I'm not trying to be fashionable or popular, not really sure where you got that idea.
    Last edited by Perm; 01-10-2007 at 06:39 AM.

U19 Vice-Captain
    Guys, Cut this out now, it's really pretty low to bag out someone who doesn't even have the means to defend themselves. Plus, it's actually pretty boring!

The arguments are all very well rehearsed, he did something wrong, (How wrong is a matter of conjecture), and he's now doing his time - Until or unless he comes back and proves that he either has or hasn't learnt a few social graces, then I think he's deserving of a second chance.

And why do you care so much anyway? I think that says a lot about our social lives rather than his! As far as I'm concerned, for all the many rights and wrongs of the guy, the one thing that you could categorically say is that he loves his Battrick. Well done to him for getting the Pakistan gig, I know I'd never bother my arse to get that organised.

I think the vast majority of you are top blokes, (If I didn't then obviously I wouldn't waste so much of my employer's valuable time talking to you), but at times there is a real 'Lord of the Flies' thing going on around here!

Anyway, having got that off my chest, four pops, one crap, two good, and one Sensational!

Doug Greening (334385)
    RH Batsman, RF Bowler, proficient batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
    A steady player with feeble leadership skills and mediocre experience.
    Plays For: Cymru Gurgitaters
    Nationality: England
    Battrick Rating: 48,575 (+1006)
    Wages: £25,799 p/w
    Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: feeble
    Batting: *sensational* Concentration: superb
    Bowling: abysmal Consistency: feeble
    Fielding: proficient

I'll now switch his second batting net to a Fielding net, until his Conc catches up, then leave him tick over on one Bat for the foreseeable.

Joe Noon (444923)
    RH Batsman, RM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
    A steady player with respectable leadership skills and mediocre experience.
    Nationality: England
    Battrick Rating: 64,332 (+2192)
    Wages: £13,509 p/w
    Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: quality
    Batting: superb Concentration: *sensational*
    Bowling: worthless Consistency: *proficient*
    Fielding: worthless

I shall have to have a look at how manageable his wages are at the end of this season, but ATM the plan is to train him for the rest of this season and next, by which time he'll be Wond/Elite Bat and Wond WK.

Jon Wilde (939069)
    RH Batsman, RM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, energetic
    A cautious player with proficient leadership skills and abysmal experience.
    Nationality: New Zealand
    Battrick Rating: 20,118 (+451)
    Wages: £6,356 p/w
    Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: abysmal
    Batting: feeble Concentration: feeble
    Bowling: quality Consistency: proficient
    Fielding: abysmal

I'll just keep him pootling along on one net, unless others become available, picking up around one Primary and two secondary pops a year. That should at least get him up to Exc/Exc by the time he's 23yo.

Have an easy'ish FC and Cup match, both with ratings of Prof/Comp for bat and bowl, sandwiched by a tough OD match on Friday. Think I'll more than likely hold back a few of the guns for that.

Later, Trev

Chicken Champion! Battle Pong Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Agree with Trev re the Rodgie thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by trevor_vayro View Post
    I'll now switch his second batting net to a Fielding net, until his Conc catches up, then leave him tick over on one Bat for the foreseeable.
    He'll reach masterful batting before his concentration catches up, how long are you planning to train him for?

Anyway, still think you should invest in some stamina training.

International Regular Bobisback's Avatar
    On the whole Rodgie thing, good on him, i think he'll do a good job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Partyush
    I didn't call you a fat bitch. So pipe down.

how do you get those international jobs, not that i want one but just interested to know. cheers
    Career cricket
    311 wickets @16.54 and 3021 runs @ 34.56 from 176 games over 11 years H.S 178*
    Member of the CW Green
    Cricket Web Career:(end of season 11) FC: 7404 runs @ 30.85 H.S 253* : One Day: 7331 runs @ 48.55 H.S 155*
    Off season: FC 1209 @ 52.51 & One Day: 921 @ 92.10
    COD4: djs clan
    World Of Warcraft: just sensational

U19 Vice-Captain
    Hmm, certainly given me food for thought there Adam. I just want to give Greening's Conc a shot in the arm, so he's able to consistently perform at Div.III and above. Maybe I'll just give him the 1x Bat 1X Field until he's say Rem Conc, then I'll cut him back to one net. Hadn't really thought about how far I want to train his batting, I guess as far as I can afford to is the short answer. He's going to be my key player for the next ten seasons, so I might as well invest the time in him.

And also do know what you mean about the Stam. Was thinking of effectively sacking off BT20 at the end of this season, and having a Stam boot-camp.

what do the alliances do in battrick and does cricket web have one and should i create one and get all you guys involved.?

Thread Information