• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [19/01/09] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Currently, every Sri Lankan team is from Cricketweb

12 Oct 07 00:00 Jaffna Jets The team had a new owner. chaminda00 took control and named the team Jaffna Jets
12 Oct 07 00:00 Zero Pillars and Hero Fillers The team had a new owner. Bobisback took control and named the team Zero Pillars and Hero Fillers

That is all.
Haha gun

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
You're gonna smash me though, my team is absolute crap. dont even have 11 ordinary+ players to put on the park.
Mate either do I. I had a look at the training thing and its so crap. It looks like you can't put more then one net and each player. Man i hate starting these new games, takes forever to get used to ratings and stuff.

Bobisback

International Regular
Mate either do I. I had a look at the training thing and its so crap. It looks like you can't put more then one net and each player. Man i hate starting these new games, takes forever to get used to ratings and stuff.
What sucks even more is, even if no one signs up for sri lanka this season, we both cant go to Div II. One of us will be stuck down, rotting away.

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
What sucks even more is, even if no one signs up for sri lanka this season, we both cant go to Div II. One of us will be stuck down, rotting away.
Had a look at the rules last night -- they've got a much narrower pyramid than BT/HT, doubling rather than quadrupling as you go down.

I don't think that'll work out well as the game gets larger.

If I had the time (i.e. could access these games at work), I'd join up in SL -- how cool would it be to have a massively CW-dominated league?!

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
got done today in my one day game which sees me drop to equal 2nd with 3 other teams on net rr....had to rest to key bowlers which probably cost me in the end as they where tired and the 2 replacements 1 went well but one had an off day going for 72 of ten overs.

caves_beachcc won the toss and elected to bat.
First Innings of: caves_beachcc (play as normal)
Total (50.0 overs, 7 wickets) 267
Schofield 92
Longthorn 56
Skipper 53

First Innings of: Capalaba Turks
Total (45.1 overs, 5 wickets) 268

Mulhern was given the new ball and responded wqell with 1 - 44 of 10.Young spinner Kamara bowled well 2 - 39 of 10 overs and may have pushed his way into the fc side.

both sides have played each other numerous times and this win by capalaba turks takes the score to 2 - 2 in a very competative little rivalry.

unfortunately we couldnt get the points today and drop our first one day gaqme for the season.

trevor_vayro

U19 Vice-Captain
Evenly poised in my match, with Gambero C.C 130/4 in the 32nd. Though, judging by the batting which they have left to come, I have slightly the upper hand, and could yet come out of this innings in a commanding position, courtesy of a BT collapse - Providing that is, that I manage to keep them below 180/190 by the fortieth.

Won an FC match yesterday, which by rights, I had no business doing.

Turnip Town 235, Mawer 91, Person 883, Bewers 4/53, Carlton 3/37
Cymru Gurgitaters 296, Noon 102, Akhtar 44, Cash 36, Bewers 14*, Mamp 6/100'odd.

Then Turnip Town slumped from 128/2 at the end of the second day, leading by 67, to 209 A/O, just before lunch on Day3, setting us a modest 149 to win in 77 overs.

We made hard work of the chase. Despite scoring at over four an over throughout, we lost four wickets, and only Staveley wanted to see it through with 41*

Later, Trev

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Fantastic - went out for a bit and came back to find Bettis's XI 159/9! Could have been even better though, they were 60/8, but their no. 10 + 11 have hung around with the gun opener who's there on 94 from 84 balls. Hopefully we can wrap this up quickly...

Dead Badger

State 12th Man
Ouch. Taking a fearful tonking in the death overs; facing a target of close to 300 now. Still ought to chase it, but on a TIE who knows. This may prove to be one of my more disastrous experiments in squad rotation...

End of Over 45: 248-3, runrate=5.51
Marriott 8-0-62-1
P*ki* 58 (48 balls)
P*ki 33 (16 balls)

13 an over off the last four overs. Erk.

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Pretty much all over in my match, and I've been handed a kicking! Only to be expected -- after his FC heroics, Sandwith got a rest, as did Brooker and Gibb, and I TIEd.

Sherwood, my opponents, are clearly focussing on OD, fielding an absolute joke side in their FC games -- with their full strength team, on full PFL, I'd have had very little chance even with my 1st XI out.

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
End of Over 14: 73-0, runrate=5.21, reqrunrate=2.97 (179-10)
Chatterton 2-0-12-0
Sutton* 24 (36 balls)
Grant 45 (48 balls)

All looks good so far. Woods took 5/32 and Turner 3/32 on his debut - they ripped out most of the batting lineup in the first 11 overs. Nolan and Talbot both bowled tidily and picked up a wicket each, but Marrison came in for some punishment after his heroics with the bat yesterday. He went wicketless for 61 off 10 overs.

Grant, who was the hero of last season has had an abysmal start this time around, but he's looking well set to guide us to victory today.

PY

International Coach
Hmm, looking at my cup match last week, i got it then too. Wierd.
Didn't change my batting lineup, fitness all at sublime levels and my batting dropped one level in each of the categories including useless for lower order. and my bowling dropped by one level or more (but I changed those).

Think there must be a bug somewhere. Any one else had this problem?

Last edited:

Bobisback

International Regular
Didn't change my batting lineup, fitness all at sublime levels and my batting dropped one level in each of the categories including useless for lower order. and my bowling dropped by one level or more (but I changed those).

Think there must be a bug somewhere. Any one else had this problem?
Code:
		This week	Last week
Top Order: 	strong 		superb
Middle Order: 	mediocre 	competent
Lower Order: 	useless 	worthless
Seam Bowling: 	respectable 	proficient
Spin Bowling: 	remarkable 	wonderful
Fielding: 	abysmal 	abysmal
PFL's all about the same, only difference was i had better morale. Both on TIE as well.

trevor_vayro

U19 Vice-Captain
Survived a late wobble to come through by four wickets.

Gambero c.C 240/7, Harrad 102, Duck 40, Wilde 2/38, Bewers 2/45, Jeffery 2/48, Carlton 1/38, Cash total Merr 0/70

Cymru Gurgitaters 243/6, Staveley 105, Noon 43, Jeffery 40, O'Brien 3/53

Cymru Gurgitaters Gambero C.C.
Top Order: wonderful quality
Middle Order: respectable mediocre
Lower Order: woeful woeful
Seam Bowling: strong superb
Spin Bowling: proficient superb
Fielding: feeble woeful
MOTM: Staveley

Now have to wait for the games to clear, so I can see who's left standing to play in the Cup on Sunday. I've decided that I'll only consider players with PFL of Energetic or above.

Later, Trev

Dead Badger

State 12th Man
Whew. Made it with three balls to spare, Liebenberg doing his utmost to kill my chase with some positively glacial batting. Must remember not to set rubbish stamina batsmen to open against toothless bowling - they tire, but don't get out. D'oh. Sailed a bit close to the wind as well, rotating the squad and TIE'ing; not something I'll try again in a hurry:

Code:
		Bully's Blasters	Beard XI
Top Order:	mediocre		competent
Middle Order:	feeble			feeble
Lower Order:	abysmal			worthless
Seam Bowling:	woeful			feeble
Spin Bowling:	feeble			woeful
Fielding:	abysmal			abysmal
Not sure I meant to match our ratings quite that closely. :)

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Bettis's XI: 179/10 (41.3) Lucky 108* (104), Woods 5/32 (7), Turner 3/32 (6)
The Heath CC: 182/0 (39.4) Grant 91* (114), Sutton 82* (126)

The Heath CC won by 10 wickets

MOTM: Woods

Great win today, probably could have got away without playing GFI, but then Woods might never have got rid of their top batsman and he might have batted out 50 overs with Lucky and killed us. Grant and Sutton could have batted with a bit more urgency to finish things off, but I'm really pleased that we didn't lose any wickets and that they were both able to score some significant runs. Woods deserved the MOTM award though, we'd have been stuffed without his bowling.

headhunter

International Vice-Captain
Men o Wight 273/2 (50.0)
Patton 10-0-40-1

BEST Indies 274/4 (43.1)
Fordham 114 (109)
Becconsall 84 (81)

MOTM: Fordham

Proberly the best game iv played on BT being set 273 to chase and doing so that easily i am very pleased.

Last edited:

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
CricketWeb Battrick Cup.

I thought we could expand it this time on the format of last time round.

Basically, divisions of six, and everyrone plays each other once, followed by a progression to a second stage where everyone plays each other once, followed by semi finals and the final.

Depending on how many teams we have playing, the top 1 or 2 teams will go through. If there's too many, perhaps we can have parallel final series for the main cup, and a secondary cup.

Another idea is to have bonus points for chasing down the total within 40 overs, and bowling the opposition out within 40 overs.

If you're interested, please state your interest with your username and team name.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.