• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [19/01/09] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobisback

International Regular
I had that last week mate, couldn't think for the life of me what had changed until I realised that nothing had and it must be a bug or summats.
Hmm, looking at my cup match last week, i got it then too. Wierd.

EDIT:

Tables up, sitting in front, but next 3 games are vs 2nd 3rd and 4th

Code:
  	Team  				Pld  	Won  	Tie  	Lost  	Points  Net RR
1. 	Four Pillars and Poor Fillers 	3 	3 	0 	0 	12 	8.81
2. 	Ashgrove 			3 	3 	0 	0 	12 	4.50
3. 	Going Batty 			3 	2 	0 	1 	8 	4.03
4. 	the froothies 			3 	2 	0 	1 	8 	-0.22
5. 	Simkins Slackers 		3 	1 	0 	2 	4 	0.98
6. 	Highland Flings 		3 	1 	0 	2 	4 	-1.65
7. 	Normo1 				3 	0 	0 	3 	0 	-3.35
8. 	Somerset Storm 			3 	0 	0 	3 	0 	-13.10
Make or break time.

EDIT:
Code:
	 Primary	PFL		Form	  Experience
Alshaun	 Strong		Sublime		Strong	  Respectable
Hocking	 Remarkable	Energetic	Superb	  Feeble
Hiller	 Remarkable	Sublime		Proficent Mediocre
Beaumont Superb		Energetic	Superb	  Abysmal
Gravey	 Respectable	Sublime		Mediocre  Mediocre
Allison	 Proficient	Sublime		Proficent Woeful
Byles	 Resp/Strong	Energetic	Str/Sup	  Proficient
Evelyn	 Strong		Energetic	Superb	  Mediocre
Sicelo	 Superb		Energetic	Superb	  Woeful
Wikus	 Wonderful	Lively		Superb	  Mediocre
Poke	 Remarkable	Invigorated	Superb	  Mediocre
Just a different look at my team. Not too bad PFL's seeing i have ****ty stamina. Also, i dont mind my teams experience.

Last edited:

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What's the best way to increase your player's ability quickly? I see a few players around that aren't so old and have ridiculously high ratings (100,000+). Is it just a matter of giving a player a lot of training sessions for a long period of time?
Yep, that's pretty much it, no other way to it. Ideally, you'd want to pull/buy a respectable or proficient 17 year old early on in the season and give him two primary nets and a fitness and/or fielding net, and then you just have to wait a fair while.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Jaffna Jets v Daintree Cassowarys: Jaffna Jet win by 10 wickets

First Innings of: Daintree Cassowarys 65 All Out
Jeithoon 7/16(5)

First Innings of: Jaffna Jets 0/67(12.1)
Clayton 31*(46), Lucas 36*(27)

Expected a tougher game then this so i played Jeithoon. I reckon they might have hit 250 plus without him in the side though. Jeithoon BB also.

EARLOBE

State 12th Man
I made a team at From the Pavillion. My team is trash, 3 bowlers and 4 batsmen and everybody else should be sacked really. I do have a player called Wally Dick though.

Bobisback

International Regular
I made a team at From the Pavillion. My team is trash, 3 bowlers and 4 batsmen and everybody else should be sacked really. I do have a player called Wally Dick though.
Got a team in Aus. Team is just as bad as everyone elses i guess.

This is probably my gun;
Code:
Bats	Right hand batsman  	Bowls	Right arm Medium
Wage		$1,776 		Rating		26,782
Nationality	Australia 	Age		20
Form		average 	Fatigue		rested
Experience	hopeless 	Captaincy	capable
Batting		capable 	Bowling		poor
Keeping		average 	Fielding	ordinary
Technique	ordinary 	Power		hopeless
Endurance	ordinary

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Massive game for me today - it's too early in the season to call it a must-win match, but if I win I should go a long way to securing survival in my league.

The manager hasn't logged on for 6 and a half weeks so looks like he's going to go bot (he'll be the 2nd bot in my league, hence why I ought to stay up) but I need to beat him today with him packing ratings of resp/abys with the bat and woe/fee with the ball. He has three really decent batsmen at the top of the order, and then a load of dross, and two decent bowlers (but not that great) and a pile of crap besides that. We're playing on a cracked wicket at his place, so I'm giving my trainee, who's a med/resp RF a debut - I figure his consistency could do the job for me. I've set him to open the bowling on attacking along with Woods (resp/comp RFM) who is also set to attacking in the hope of prising out a couple of their top bats in the first few overs. My other bowlers are set to defensive or very defensive to try and keep the run rate down.

As for batting, I'm playing as strong a lineup as I can, but as always, Kepler (prof/prof) will be the key at no.4. He has sublime pfl after being rested this week, and bats well at 4. I figure that if their decent bowlers get out a couple of my lesser batsmen, he'll come in just as the dross come on to bowl and will pulverise them.

Johnners

:D 3 wins from 3. Ludlow (90) MOTM after leading the team to 335, and then Meyer & Verhoeven managed to keep it tight to restrict them to just 295.

Son Of Coco

Yep, that's pretty much it, no other way to it. Ideally, you'd want to pull/buy a respectable or proficient 17 year old early on in the season and give him two primary nets and a fitness and/or fielding net, and then you just have to wait a fair while.
Ah, ok. Thanks mate! One other question, where do I find this PFL malarky on the site? I've looked, but no luck so far.

Bobisback

International Regular
Ah, ok. Thanks mate! One other question, where do I find this PFL malarky on the site? I've looked, but no luck so far.
Gordon Beaumont - 19 yo, BT Rating=33,841
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, PFLenergeticPFL
A cautious player with mediocre leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: strong
Batting: superb Concentration: superb
Bowling: worthless Consistency: respectable
Fielding: worthless

oz_fan

International Regular
Had a draw in my FC game. Really wanted the win but one big partnership stopped my side from doing that.

Lost my OD match. Batting first we made 223. Olowe top scored with 54. The other team chased it down within thirty five overs. PFL's are a major problem for my side at the moment. My best batsmen is on fair and best bowler low!

Here's the reporters summary.

Underarm Batsman oz fans XI
Top Order: respectable woeful
Middle Order: woeful woeful
Lower Order: worthless worthless
Seam Bowling: competent woeful
Spin Bowling: proficient abysmal
Fielding: feeble abysmal

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
There's a new cricket sim along the same lines as BT starting up here: http://fromthepavilion.org/game/login.html

It looks to be very similar to BT in some respects (for better or worse) but there are some differences as well. Beta testing just started, but according to the news announcement 'there will be no more resets of teams, squads etc' so now is probably the best time to join.
Meh, they won't even attempt FC. Can't see me playing this for long.

Bobisback

International Regular
I decided that i wanted to be a Sri Lankan team, so the admin told me to make a new account there and he would fix my other one.

My new team name is Zero Pillars and Hero Fillers.

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
0.2 W Woods to Fish
Misjudged the line to a straight delivery and loses the off stump which nearly takes out Bartlett behind the wicket!

Woods, you little ripper! Best two batsmen at the crease already, if we can get one or both of them out quickly, we could roll these guys.

cameeel

International Captain
Code:
[U]Kipper XI v Compy Allstars[/U]

[B]Kipper XI:[/B] 7-273

Brown 102*
Byfield 43

O'Shea 4-70

[B]Compy Allstars:[/B] 125

Mulvaney 69*

Davies 6-11
Chambers 1-34

[B]Result:[/B] Kipper XI win by 148 runs

[B]MotM:[/B] Davies (6/11 from from 4.4 overs)
Easy win, but more encouraging is the form of Brown, whose averaging 81 in one dayer's this season to go with his average of 80 in the FC matches.

Bobisback

International Regular
Currently, every Sri Lankan team is from Cricketweb

12 Oct 07 00:00 Jaffna Jets The team had a new owner. chaminda00 took control and named the team Jaffna Jets
12 Oct 07 00:00 Zero Pillars and Hero Fillers The team had a new owner. Bobisback took control and named the team Zero Pillars and Hero Fillers

That is all.

Dead Badger

State 12th Man
Playing a rather emasculated bowling lineup on a TIE today, against one of the weaker teams in my OD league. Hoping I don't regret it, they're currently 27-0 after 5 overs. Their bowling is both rubbish and knackered, though, so it shouldn't be a problem. Ah, now it's 31-1. Heh, every time I write a post here it seems I get a wicket. Maybe it's luck, maybe I'm just a really slow typist.

Edit: eugh, Liddle getting absolutely carted - 3-0-27-0. This will be properly embarrassing if I somehow contrive to lose this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.