• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Player Valuations - Help Needed Please

themedal

Cricket Spectator
Hi Guys,

I was wondering whether you could valuate the following players. They are all 17 years old, and I am planning to sell them when they are 18 years old next year. I will sell them the 1st week when the trainee prices are high, so bare that in mind. So, I would be extremely grateful if you could tell me, roughly (I understand its hard to tell now), how much these guys would be in the 1st week on next season:

Jim Leabua (1290209)

RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, strong batting form, competent bowling form, invigorated
A defensive player with superb leadership skills and worthless experience.

Plays For: Freshie Lads
Nationality: New Zealand
Battrick Rating: 6,366
Wages: £1,156 p/w

Stamina: abysmal Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: mediocre Concentration: woeful
Bowling: strong Consistency: mediocre
Fielding: worthless

Williams Hutchinson (1400541)

RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, respectable batting form, respectable bowling form, lively
A cautious player with proficient leadership skills and abysmal experience.

Nationality: West Indies
Battrick Rating: 4,981
Wages: £522 p/w

Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: competent Concentration: respectable
Bowling: woeful Consistency: worthless

James Nott (1312830)

RH Batsman, RM Bowler, abysmal batting form, competent bowling form, sublime
A steady player with superb leadership skills and abysmal experience.

Nationality: South Africa
Battrick Rating: 2,893
Wages: £689 p/w

Batting: proficient Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: worthless Consistency: worthless

Des Clee (1391165)

RH Batsman, RF Bowler, mediocre batting form, feeble bowling form, energetic
An attacking player with woeful leadership skills and worthless experience.

Nationality: England
Battrick Rating: 4,477
Wages: £513 p/w

Shevron Hendrie (1401099)

RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, mediocre batting form, mediocre bowling form, lively
An attacking player with mediocre leadership skills and worthless experience.

Battrick Rating: 4,434
Wages: £1,078 p/w

Stamina: worthless Wicket Keeping: feeble
Fielding: woeful

PLEASE REMEMBER THAT THEY WILL BE 18 YEARS OLD AND THAT I WILL BE SELLING THEM IN THE FIRST WEEK OF NEXT SEASON...

Thank you very much...

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hard to tell when they've got no/little stamina

I'd guess at about 1m/200k/500k/200k/400k respectively, with the potential to get more than that with buyer stupidity.

themedal

Cricket Spectator
Cool, thanks Scaly Piscine for your thoughts. What do you others think they will go for in the 1st week of next season (they will be 18 years old)?

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Unless you get all their stamina up they will go for next to nothing, apart from the guys with medicore stamina.

themedal

Cricket Spectator
I don't really think thats true. I've sold a worth/prof/med for 600k (18yr old) only 2 weeks ago, and I got my worthless/stong/med valuated in the Sledging Board by someone in England's II, and he said from 900k-1.5M.

I'm not sure how you came to that desision...

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
No one's arguing that the players won't sell for a semi-decent amount, but if you had their stamina up to a minimum of say, competent, you'd get a hell of a lot more bids at a lot better prices. No one wants to buy someone with worthless stamina because it'd take so damn long to get them up to a decent level.

I know that when I'm looking for a player to buy, I set the stamina (and secondaries) to a minimum of woeful, and I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one who would set their limits. That means that your players wouldn't even get seen, let alone bidded on.

themedal

Cricket Spectator
Yes, I obviously agree that their is a better market for players with stamina, but I do always see players with good primary and secondary, but no stamina going for 500k+... So what would you value the players at, considering they will be 18 but being sold at peak time...

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I don't really think thats true. I've sold a worth/prof/med for 600k (18yr old) only 2 weeks ago, and I got my worthless/stong/med valuated in the Sledging Board by someone in England's II, and he said from 900k-1.5M.

I'm not sure how you came to that desision...
Yeah you might get prices like that but if they had feeble or medicore stamina you would get double the price, it would make massive difference in what profit you could get.

themedal

Cricket Spectator
O yea I truely do believe in what you say, but unfortunately I have only been playing for 10 weeks, and therefore only have 1.3mil. So buying med/resp/med players (costing 500k+) is not an option for me. Instead, I bought a worth/resp/med for 130k, and I can now make a few 100k on him.

So chaminda_00, what do you think these guys will make?

Jim Leabua (1290209)

RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, strong batting form, competent bowling form, invigorated
A defensive player with superb leadership skills and worthless experience.

Nationality: New Zealand
Battrick Rating: 6,366
Wages: £1,156 p/w

Batting: mediocre Concentration: woeful
Bowling: strong Consistency: mediocre

Williams Hutchinson (1400541)

RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, respectable batting form, respectable bowling form, lively
A cautious player with proficient leadership skills and abysmal experience.

Battrick Rating: 4,981
Wages: £522 p/w

Bowling: woeful Consistency: worthless

James Nott (1312830)

RH Batsman, RM Bowler, abysmal batting form, competent bowling form, sublime
A steady player with superb leadership skills and abysmal experience.

Nationality: South Africa
Battrick Rating: 2,893
Wages: £689 p/w

Des Clee (1391165)

RH Batsman, RF Bowler, mediocre batting form, feeble bowling form, energetic
An attacking player with woeful leadership skills and worthless experience.

Nationality: England
Battrick Rating: 4,477
Wages: £513 p/w

Shevron Hendrie (1401099)

RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, mediocre batting form, mediocre bowling form, lively
An attacking player with mediocre leadership skills and worthless experience.

Battrick Rating: 4,434
Wages: £1,078 p/w

Stamina: worthless Wicket Keeping: feeble
Fielding: woeful

PLEASE REMEMBER THAT THEY WILL BE 18 YEARS OLD AND THAT I WILL BE SELLING THEM IN THE FIRST WEEK OF NEXT SEASON...

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Most strong 17yo go for 2 mil, but your guy would go for 1 mil i say. The proficient/medicore usually go for 1 mil, but with no stamina 500k. The other two 200k i guess. Bascially if a player has no stamina you get half the price at those levels. Some managers might bid higher with the view once they get the stamina up they will sell them for double or triple the price, they brought them for.

If you sell players with no stamina, the guys that buy will probably make more profit then you would when you sold them. Personally i would get their stamina up before i sod them to maximise the profit. Rather then getting the losted possiable value. 1 mil might seem a lot, but you could add an extra mil or so, with better stamina.

Last edited:

themedal

Cricket Spectator
Most strong 17yo go for 2 mil, but your guy would go for 1 mil i say. The proficient/medicore usually go for 1 mil, but with no stamina 500k. The other two 200k i guess. Bascially if a player has no stamina you get half the price at those levels. Some managers might bid higher with the view once they get the stamina up they will sell them for double or triple the price, they brought them for.
Well I'll be extremely happy if I sold for those prices because I bought all 5 players for 180K, and I have not been training them for long. They've all had 1 net each, Leabua for 10 weeks, Hutchinson for 2 weeks, Nott for 6 weeks, Clee for 1 week and Hendrie for 3 weeks. So 55K for nets, meaning I've spent 235K on all 5 altogether.

I believe that your estimates are quite low (because I've had 4 others on BT with much higher estimates), but even with your estimates I'll be making 2m profit which I guess isn't bad for my 11th week of BT...

Then I'll have 3.5mil at the start of next season, so then I guess (for you chaminda_00) I'll buy some med/resp/med trainees, but only 6 or 7 weeks in cause otherwise the prices are ridiculous...