• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Captain's ability

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Just wondering what level the captain of your team is.

Brackenhurst's Ty Browne is Superb/Woeful and a number-six slogger.

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Sandwith's got Proficient leadership and Mediocre exp.

Actually, looking at my figures, a few of the others are catching up:

Brooker -- Strong/Feeb
Hirst -- Superb/Feeb
Gibb -- Superb/Feeb

Sandwith's been on Mediocre exp for ages, so I'd expect him to be
fairly close to Comp. However, with the whole "bowlers get experience
faster" premise, the other three will be gaining on him fast.

Assuming I keep both Hirst and Gibb, I'll have destructive and
cautious captaincy options for seasons to come :)

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Whitehorne has strong leadership and superb experience. Gilligan would be second-best at strong/proficient, and Osman has superb leadership but worthless experience.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sandwith's got Proficient leadership and Mediocre exp.

Actually, looking at my figures, a few of the others are catching up:

Brooker -- Strong/Feeb
Hirst -- Superb/Feeb
Gibb -- Superb/Feeb

Sandwith's been on Mediocre exp for ages, so I'd expect him to be
fairly close to Comp. However, with the whole "bowlers get experience
faster" premise, the other three will be gaining on him fast.

Assuming I keep both Hirst and Gibb, I'll have destructive and
cautious captaincy options for seasons to come :)
Was under the impression that batsmen get experience faster tbh. And if Hirst and Gibb are actually in your starting line up, shouldn't they be captain over Sandwith? Two levels of captaincy>one level of experience, surely.

Anyway, my current captain is Potgieter with superb/worthless. It used to be Drench with superb/woeful, but he hasn't been selected for a long time. I know that the worthless experience wouldn't help him very much, but my next best captain in terms of leadership skill is resp/abysmal.

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Was under the impression that batsmen get experience faster tbh. And if Hirst and Gibb are actually in your starting line up, shouldn't they be captain over Sandwith? Two levels of captaincy>one level of experience, surely.
I reckoned (based on HT and gut feeling, to be honest) that it'd be less than that. Especially when you look at it in terms of ratios -- I mean, Feeble exp (what Sandwith was when I made him captain) is TWICE as good as abysmal (what the others were back then) ;)

At the moment, Sandwith has to be close to Comp, while I reckon the others are low Feeble. That's probably just over 1.5 levels, versus two levels of leadership. He's also attacking -- I don't know whether it makes a difference, but I'm not sure I want a destructive captain (Hirst) or defensive (Gibb) right now.

andyc

IIRC, Allan had said that aggression doesn't affect captaincy. But as for the experience/captaincy thing, I kind of viewed the two as a primary and secondary, with leadership the primary and experience the secondary. Experience helps leadership, but amazing experience doesn't mean a player will be an amazing leader. Don't think much is known about it though, so each to his own I suppose.

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
IIRC, Allan had said that aggression doesn't affect captaincy. But as for the experience/captaincy thing, I kind of viewed the two as a primary and secondary, with leadership the primary and experience the secondary. Experience helps leadership, but amazing experience doesn't mean a player will be an amazing leader. Don't think much is known about it though, so each to his own I suppose.
It'd be a really hard thing to test -- especially if, like me, you've not got any internationals, so everyone's got Mediocre experience or less.

Scaly piscine

It'd be a really hard thing to test -- especially if, like me, you've not got any internationals, so everyone's got Mediocre experience or less.
Hmm interesting, I've got 4 players on competent experience, 1 on respectable and Summers who's on strong. You've been playing longer than me as well.

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Hmm interesting, I've got 4 players on competent experience, 1 on respectable and Summers who's on strong. You've been playing longer than me as well.
Dammit, I've been robbed!

I think it's because my lot all shared out the work -- before selling Verma at the start of the season, I had eight "good" players. This would have affected my bowlers particularly badly -- with the wickets shared out, my lot really haven't got too many 5-fers between them, and I think that's where the big exp points lie.

Reed, Sandwith and McGregor, who've been my batting stalwarts since the start (McG was best for the first couple of seasons, then Reed, and now Sandwith), are all Mediocre.

Brooker, Hirst, Gibb and John, my top four bowlers from almost day 1, are all Feeble.

Gonasilan, my old keeper, and Perry, slightly muppety opening bat, are both Feeble too. Obviously, the keeper gets involved in every game, and Perry usually makes a few big scores in early cup rounds.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Quintin - Superb/Feeble
Sishayi - Superb/Woeful
Muralitharan - Strong/Woeful
Clayton - Strong/Woeful
Allison - Strong/Abysmal

Interesting that Allison has played more matches then anyone but has the lowest experience. His only got a handful of 50s, whereas Quintin has is 15 from memory, he has problem converting starts, but he bats in the middle order.

cricketboy29

International Regular
Thorp-respectable/mediocre
A.Islam-current captain- strong/feeble
Clarkson-proficent/feeble
And my old captain, who I don't really play anymore.
P.Singh Strong/Respectable.

trevor_vayro

U19 Vice-Captain
My skipper is Neale Patel, Sup/Med, a strong Bat who usually opens or bats five.

I had thought that captaincy and experience were as important as each other, i.e. that a Sup/Med would be about the same as a Strong/Comp. Except at the time I thought this I believed wrongly that experience was also capped at Sup. I presume now I'm wrong, as that would make captaincy meaningless, as a Wor/Sens captain would be better than a Sup/Feeb, which is nonsense.

Scaly piscine

I figure leadership to be more important personally, but the experience backs it up in the same way secondaries back primaries up.

But then that could be too logical, after all Allan wants even bigger wages for big primary players...

Olwe

School Boy/Girl Captain
Who should i have as my captain?

Marc Abbott 26yrs - strong leadership skills and woeful experience (my cuurent captain)
Fitz Briggs - 25 yrs- strong leadership skills and feeble experience.
Joseph Champness - 19 yrs- strong leadership skills and worthless experience.
Greg Ifill - 25 yrs- proficient leadership skills and abysmal experience (my best player)
Gordon Sansome - 17 yrs- , strong leadership skills and abysmal experienc